nsullivan1

Time to Update my System

I currently have a Pelco DVR5100 along with a Pelco 6800 matrix. On my DVR5100 I have an outdoor Pelco Camclosure and a Pelco Spectra IV. I use the matrix for my Spectra PTZ control. I was going to hopefully utilize my matrix more by adding some keyboards and monitors to rooms. That never happened because I realized I was going to eventually start updating to a full IP/Megapixel system.

So I started using the Pelco NVS software with an IP Camclosure and I haven't had a problem with it yet. I like how the software is free with up to four licenses and it's not proprietary to Pelco cameras unlike the Axis Camera Station which is only free with one camera and is proprietary to Axis cameras. The main reason I came here is because I would like to know if I should stay with the Pelco NVS or try the Axis Camera Station software if I were to switch to Axis cameras. Or if anybody has any other recommendations for NVR software. I like the Axis Camera Station software because you can use their keyboard/joystick. If you know of some software that can use the Axis joystick/keyboard that'd be a plus or if there is another keyboard/joystick out there. I'm not worried about my bandwidth either. Also if the software is able to record the video to a cameras SD card and then just pull the video from it that'd be another plus. I would also like to find software that utilizes full features of panoramic cameras.

If you could also recommend some panoramic cameras that are weather proof that'd be great! I was looking at one from Oncam Grandeye but it looks like they're not in the USA yet or I just can't find them.

Thanks!

How about Avigilon? I like the looks of their software and cameras. I also like how their software can integrate with an Xbox Kinect. I can't find their products for sell anywhere online besides a couple of items on eBay. Can I contact them directly to purchase or is there anywhere else I can purchase their products?

I'm open to other options as well!

How about Avigilon? I like the looks of their software and cameras. I also like how their software can integrate with an Xbox Kinect. I can't find their products for sell anywhere online besides a couple of items on eBay. Can I contact them directly to purchase or is there anywhere else I can purchase their products?

I'm open to other options as well!

Where are u located ?

Any luck with pricing?

I'm interested in getting some pricing on Avigilon for a 5 x 3MP camera setup.

Any remarks from Avigilon installers on Avigilon?

What would you like to know beside that all of us like product ?

I should have been more specific.

Any remarks from the installers on this question... was what I was asking.

"Can I contact them directly to purchase or is there anywhere else I can purchase their products?"