Sign in to follow this  
jw9424

Abnormal playback using IVMS-4500

Guys, I have an issue with my system I can't figure out. I have a 4 camera Hikvision system with NVR. During playback on any Android device I get an "abnormal playback" error when trying to replay recordings. The recording plays fine for a few seconds, then stops and gives me the error. I've been trying to fix this for days. Any idea what may be causing this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just got a reply from HikvisionUSA tech support on this issue. They would not support my cameras because I purchased them from Amazon. I do believe I'm done with Hikvision all together.

Just got a reply from HikvisionUSA tech support on this issue. They would not support my cameras because I purchased them from Amazon. I do believe I'm done with Hikvision all together.

Here is the deal...its really simple....if you don't buy from an authorized seller you don't get support. Therefore you need to make a decision at the time of purchase ...do I save a few dollars and forgo support (other than what the seller offers) or spend more and get support. This is not uncommon with security cameras as well as many other products....

Here is the deal...its really simple....if you don't buy from an authorized seller you don't get support.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out.

Here is the deal...its really simple....if you don't buy from an authorized seller you don't get support.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out.

you complained about hikvision....try that with any other manufacturer and you will get the same result...that's my point, there is no where to go unless you are willing to pay more.

I for one, get my parts from aliexpress, and assume the risk and save the cash...

your error may be a bandwidth issue..does it happen over wifi? or only 3g/4g....does the dvr allow you to set a lower bandwidth setting for remote viewing?

also try completely uninstalling the app and reinstalling.

Not all manufacturers do this. I get support from Vivotek on my cams, all bought used on ebay. Of course, they cost a good bit more than the equivalent Hik or Dahua.