fordgru

conduit on exterior of building

new here but quick question with out any answer i've since found on the forum

have to run security cameras on the exterior of a church built out of stone, brick, and concrete with no attic except unfinished basement

what is the best way to protect my wires inside of the conduit.

the only way i can think is to run a larger diameter pvc pipe and the section 8 feet from the ground insert a emt pipe inside the larger diameter plc pipe to create a water tight seal but creating a more durable cut resistant pvc conduit

any ideas other than this?

Good idea for running double conduit but it's probably unnecessary unless your plan is to disguise the wire conduit as, say, a drain pipe. Anybody with tools and some undisturbed time to use them can get through anything. The best way to prevent wire tampering is to make sure they don't know the wires are there. They won't cut what they don't know is there. Either that or make sure there's at least a camera pointing at the wire conduit (preferably steel) to protect them that way.

For good cabling armor, I get my sheet metal guy to shear and form a 16 gauge galvanized steel channel raceway in a trapezoid profile to help shed water/snow in 8' lengths.

The formed pieces are then sent to the paint shop for priming, color, and baking.

The channels are mounted at the customer's location using concrete screw fasteners.

In a jam, I have used drywall furring channels.

These can cover small conduit or cabling bundle 7/8" diameter max.

Also, only 25 gauge thick so less protection.

Available at your local building supplier.

http://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/metal-framing/7-8-x-12-furring-channel-25-ga/p-1707664-c-5695.htm

During the last heat wave, 2 churches had their air conditioner condenser units stolen right off from the wall.

The stolen units were finally replaced and a steel cage was welded and bolted to the wall.

If only to slow them down...

Russian dolls I believe you meant.

Or did you mean the Russian Dolls which are made in China? (Knockoff)

Why just 2 conduits? Why not 7, 8, 9, even 10 layers of conduit! Like those chinese dolls inside of dolls toy for kids!