becchett

Dahua NVR and gDMSS, Android doesn't receive any events:help

Dear All,

Months ago I setup my home video survelliance system by combining

some DAHUA products: NVR 3204P, 2x IPC-HW2100 and 1x IPC-K100-W;

I also setup my router ADSL to allow access from my smartphone to NVR,

my smartphone is HTC One S with android 4.1.1 and I use gDMSS pro.

I can now remote access from my smartphone to NVR and I can

see realt time videos.

Some months ago I remebers I was able to receive events generated

from Motion Detection to my smartphone. These events were very

useful because first they allarmed me about any action (MD driven),

then they showed me brief shots any time an alarm setoff.

Now I lost these settings and I can't get any events any more.

Are there any guys that can help me to reactivate the right configuration ?

Many thanks in adavance for your help.

Bye

Enrico

Can you playback recordings from NVR?

yes

Also there should be a menu (in DMSS) that lets you subscribe to events.

yes... in the main menu there is "PUSH CONFIG" then I can choose device name

previos defined and then I see four option:

Motion Detection

Mascherading camera

local alaram

hdd alarm

within these options there are 4 camea, I tick inside MD on all 4 camera but my smartphone

doesn't receive alarm. NVR 3204 records all MD event and then I can show every video.

thanks a lot !!

Bye

rsz_1imag0274.thumb.jpg.6428fa0cc9b583be687320338f31cf7c.jpg

rsz_imag0275.thumb.jpg.3589657011af225698843df0fd42dc60.jpg

Verify your ports are still active. Your router may have reverted.

Config looks fine. Only other option is factory reset and start from scratch step by step.

Can you playback recordings from NVR on your gDMSS?

only from NVR because my extra stream recording was disabled...but

Is extra stream recording activated?

now I have enable this feature and I also can see playback from gDMSS plus.

many thanks

Verify your ports are still active. Your router may have reverted.

Config looks fine. Only other option is factory reset and start from scratch step by step.

I've got the same problem from my LAN , when I'm at home my smartpone and NVR are

in the same subnet.

I'm desperate and a little angry at my seller, they do not have provided me with a good support.

I've done the reset and are already broken down by configuring the NVR using LCD monitors connected to the device.

I have made many attempts but I just can not receive events on your smartphone, I can receive email with snapshots but unfortunately I can not

use this feature because it seems that it is not activated by smartphone,

is that correct?

Exists some guide or manual specific to this problem that can help me?

thanks a lot !!!!

Bye

rsz_imag0277.thumb.jpg.f2fd617bcdaf3ce321e7e7d8b03beaf2.jpg

Hi becchett,

I can tell you that PUSH notifications also stoped working for me a few weeks ago. I see that the last events I have on my mobile are from 23/Jan, I would have said it stoped working before that. I did not change anything on my DVRs. My mobile is Nexus 4, stock Android 4.3. I can tell it is not related to the DVR, since push stoped working on all the units I use it with (three, they are in different places, different internet connections, all of them still accessible, all of them with ports open and working ok, etc).

I updated to the latest gDMSS and it still doesn't work. I really need to take a look at it to get it working again, but I have no idea why it stoped working, I would say without doing any changes. If I have any news I will post back.

My work partner has an iPhone with iDMSS, I will see if everything still works with his mobile.

Hi all,

I'm continuing to investigate to this problem becasue I really need to repair it !

This afternoon I make a test using wireshark (network analyer) from my smartphone

and NVR.

below we write only the most important details:

smartphone -> NVR: admin and password (clear text) and Random number, 12 digits

NVR->smarphone: authorization number and its mac address

NVR->smartphone: NVR firmware version

smartphone-> NVR: id , session , method and "Mobile notification" !

NVR-> smartphone: id, parameter NULL, result TRUE !!!!

as you can see in these packets there aren't any error and its seems that

mobile push is enable ... but I do not get any event on my phone.

How can 'contact Dahua to ask for explanations?

Why Dahua not fix these bugs?

My seller doesn't help me I can and I'm thinking of returning it all and ask for a refund.

What do you advise me?

Thanks a lot !

Bye

Edited by Guest

My seller auitare I can and I'm thinking of returning it all and ask for a refund.

Dahua's tech support is probably the worst of the name-brand cams, unfortunately. Your seller is your primary support, and factory support is pretty close to non-existent.

My seller auitare I can and I'm thinking of returning it all and ask for a refund.

Dahua's tech support is probably the worst of the name-brand cams, unfortunately. Your seller is your primary support, and factory support is pretty close to non-existent.

if I decide to Return used all products purchased,

which brand do you recommend?

Bye

Push has never been available on the free/lite version, only on the paid version.

From what I have known; push is broken right now on Android devices. I actually do not know how push works, and I thought there was no "server" or anything in the middle that could stop working. Now I don't think the same any more.

I have tried 4 Dahua units, with 3 different internet connections, 3 different Android devices, and many different gDMSS Plus versions (also gDMSS HD). Nothing worked. But with an iPhone everything works like a charm. I have been told it broke with the last gDMSS update; I am sure that is not right, since I have also tried with older versions, and it doesn't work. I have also been told push notifications depend on third party servers, which I never knew, and right now there is something broken awaiting to be fixed.

Dahua knows about the problem, but they are too busy celebrating the chinese new year, so I guess that we will have to wait a while.

Hopefully someday Hikvision will finally get push notifications working, I have been waiting for them for over a year and a half...

This has been fixed since maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Push notifications are working again on Android.

Dear MindTwist I confirm that gdmss plus 3.21.000 running on my htc with Android 4.1.1

solve push notification problem.

Thanks for your reply.

Bye

W.

Dear All,

I found this old post becase I have the same problem. After I changed Smartphone,

android 6.0.1, and I reinstall gDMSS plus 3.44.002 I can't manage the push notifications.

Sometimes I receive messages but not always, Can I install an old version of gDMSS or

there are any others solutions ?

Thanks a lot !

Best Regards

W.

gDMSS pro push notifications not working Dahua: Solved Nov2018

I have a couple of dahua DHI-NVR5232-16P-4KS2 and similar (System Version:3.215.0000000.1, Build Date: 2017-09-01). There are plenty of instructions on how to do the basic setup for cellphone APP Push notifications on gDMSS, but even so, I could never get it to work AT ALL.

Today I discovered that

YOU HAVE TO PLUG IN A MOUSE AND SCREEN INTO THE DVR INITIALY BEFORE APP PUSH NOTIFICATIONS WILL WORK

I don't know if its just a question of accepting the user aggreement or if you need to complete the easy4ip part, but go through the initial questions etc and there you go, my notifications came through imediately,.

Dahua makes nice cameras but their software is an abyss of confusion and ill logic and bugs and errors. I have wasted years of my life trying to navigate their pitholes and obsticles and lack of documentation and help...So if your struggling, its not just you, its them. I picture a bunch of drunk toddlers sitting in a basement developing Dahua software. Bad Dahua, Bad dahua