boomeranging

My NVR DOA recommend NVR please!

My NVRX-16 was dead on arrival from a reputable dealer N E L L...., for the price it was very cheap and flimsy. So I'm out shopping again rather than exchanging it... and since they don't have a different brand at the same price.

Could anyone recommend a retailer and an 8channel highdef highbandwidth NVR for (8x 3mp cameras) ?

You could PM me if you can't type out the retailer name here.

Many thanks.

Edited by Guest

My NVRX-16 was dead on arrival from a reputable dealer N E L L...., for the price it was very cheap and flimsy. So I'm out shopping again rather than exchanging it... and since they don't have a different brand at the same price.

Could anyone recommend a retailer and an 8channel highdef highbandwidth NVR

(8x 3mp cameras) ? I'm leaning towards Dahua since the Dahua is a rebranded Dahua.

You could PM me if you can't type out the retailer name here.

Many thanks.

That is what you have ..... A Dauha nvr

I'm leaning towards Dahua since the Dahua is a rebranded Dahua.

240699_1.jpg

I don't get it. If you just bought a unit and it arrived dead, why not contact the supplier and have it replaced?

I have an NVR which is a rebranded Dahua. Somehow this forum blocks the real name and rewrites it for me! Sorry for the confusion.

[MOD: Please do not try to defeat the word censors]

Boom, ive been workimg with the vendor you mentioned for a couple years and have had a very good experience. I have purchased several 16ch NVRs and cameras. Their support has been great and when i had purchased a 4ch POE NVR that didnt work how i wanted it (which was how it was designed), they took it back and sent me a different model. I would definitely contact them for help.

That online retailer got into a bit of an argument with the management on here. Now all posts referring to them or their equipment automatically get censored or get the name changed to something different.

Anyone can get a "bad out of the box" item from any supplier. if this is the first one, try it again. if it continues to happen then you have a problem. the question is. do you have a problem with the supplier or the product you recieved? Your post sounds like you didn't like the product. If you didn't contact the supply house, how would he know there was a problem with the nvr.

Not really sure the NVRX is Dahua. I looked through Dahua's website and nothing really looks like it. There are several companies in China that make similar looking products and many support Dahua and Hikvision cameras.

Thanks all for your input but it brings me to my original question: I'd still like to know a respectable retailer selling Dahua. pls recommend the model as well- budget is $500.

Not to worry, the supplier and I are in good communication. Thanks

He did something to it that voided the warranty? And I am totally confused on how a Dahua is a rebranded Dahua????

The item is warranted, I'm declining it and refunding. the vendor says their units are rebranded. Please focus on my question. I'd really appreciate it.