mrlew

Dome Camera Base Extension

Is there such a thing on the market that allows a dome camera to be mounted to a generic round base extension for hiding the camera "tail" that is so comon with a lot of cameras today. Ordinarily this "tail" for the connections can be hidden in the ceiling or hollow wallspace but if on a metal or concrete surface an additional junction box of some description needs to be installed.

Either that or some sort ready made box that a dome could be mounted on.

Round or square preferably in a size similar to a larger dome or smaller dome base diameter as the case may be.

Thanks

I'd probably look for a pvc electrical junction box if the maker of the dome camera didn't offer a model with a proper base for mounting the way you want it mounted. Google "round electrical pvc box" or something close for some ideas. Try looking at home hardware stores or electrical supply places for ideas as well.

Check out the technical diagram on this camera- http://www.cnbtec.com/en/html/product/product.php?inc=dra&seqx_prod=1143#p_v1

It comes with the base extension with knockouts on the side and top for mounting your conduit to, or don't use the base extension and run the cords up into the ceiling or soffit with the much lower profile mounting option.

Thanks for the reply yes I have been searching on google for boxes but just wondered if there was a purpose made beast out there.

Re the camera link yes one of my cameras is similar but still not enough room to "stuff" all in the base.

I think many cams are different so most folks rely on standard dirt cheap electrical boxes. I'd like to see something a bit better and reasonably priced as well.

And I agree, the one I linked to doesn't have a ton of extra space for connectors in the cavity. Getting baluns to fit is either hard or maybe impossible for some.