Sign in to follow this  
Boogieman

Hikvision DS-2CD753FIE

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD753FIE that came with version 4 of the firmware. I updated it to 5.1 via tftp (I got an update failed via the browser interface). The documentation says my camera is supported by 5.1. The update says it was successful, however, I cannot access this camera anymore, not via sadp or an ip scanner.

My pc network settings are correct I set the ip address to 192.0.0.1 in the network adapter it should be picking up the camera as the default is 192.0.0.64. I am able to repeat the tftp update so I know the pc is communicating with the camera during the update. I cannot ping the camera either.

In the past, a hard reset solved this issue with the hik bullets (2032). I tried resetting this camera via the "initial set" button on back but i don't know if its actually resetting. I tried both just holding down the button for 30 seconds and also holding the button with the power disconnected then connecting power (via poe) and kept holding it for at least 30 seconds....I am out of ideas...any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried downgrading to an earlier version with TFTP? That may at least get the camera back online.

It's possible you have a corrupt version of the 5.1 firmware. I'm not sure what, if any, checks Hik does, like verifying the checksums. Re-downloading 5.1 and doing a binary compare would tell you if that was a problem, and you could also try the version from a different Hik download site.

Max, you were right on. I has the wrong version of the firmware even though I used the link in one of the threads here. I got the right one and its working fine.