carcol_123

cctv box cameras

\I am thinking of replacing my IR cameras with box cameras, (obversely in a housing), to get a better night vision picture, does the box camera need artificial light (ie flood light) to see at night or can these type of camera with say a Lux of 0.05 see perfectly well at night, one other think does the housing need a heater and to be checky what box camera would you recommend. Thanks Colin

I do not know the make of my existing cameras can only tell you, they have a sony 1/3ccd 600tvl 2.8-12mm lens and 78 led, which covers the ground in front of my property and entrance gate, I am trying to get a really good night vision camera, we have already had an intruder so this why. I have placed a bid on Ebay for a JVC TK-C1480be box camera, what do think of that camera

I do not know the make of my existing cameras can only tell you, they have a sony 1/3ccd 600tvl 2.8-12mm lens and 78 led, which covers the ground in front of my property and entrance gate, I am trying to get a really good night vision camera, we have already had an intruder so this why. I have placed a bid on Ebay for a JVC TK-C1480be box camera, what do think of that camera

You need to look for a TRUE day/night camera with a ir cut filter

that camera does not have that filter so it is not sensitive to ir

You need a camera similar to these

JVC TK-C925E

Samsung SCB-2001P

They will be better suited to outdoor situations even if you are not using ir

I have seen better low light performance with a True day/night camera compared to a normal one

Thank you kindly for the information, but I am having trouble finding a camera at a reasonable price, what do think of the JVC tk-c1480be and the tk-c9200e cameras would these be suitable. Colin

Thank you kindly for the information, but I am having trouble finding a camera at a reasonable price, what do think of the JVC tk-c1480be and the tk-c9200e cameras would these be suitable. Colin

Unfortunately the tk-c9200e is what jvc call "Easy day/night" which basically means its done digitally not with an ir cut filter, they may work well with motion lights but you can't use IR

Unfortunately all True day/night cameras are expensive, but you get what you pay for

The cheapest i have seen is this

Samsung SCB-2002P

With your recommendation I have purchased a second hand Samsung SCB-2001p box camera and also a Videotec VERSO Hi-PoE IPM camera housing (new), will it be ok to connect the camera BNC and power leads to a RJ45 socket and then using the Ethernet lead provided, connect the camera to the control panel and then run another Ethernet lead from the control panel to inside my property and using another BNC to RJ45 convertor, reconnect to my existing BNC and 2.5 12volt leads, any advise would be most helpful. Thanks Colin

With your recommendation I have purchased a second hand Samsung SCB-2001p box camera and also a Videotec VERSO Hi-PoE IPM camera housing (new), will it be ok to connect the camera BNC and power leads to a RJ45 socket and then using the Ethernet lead provided, connect the camera to the control panel and then run another Ethernet lead from the control panel to inside my property and using another BNC to RJ45 convertor, reconnect to my existing BNC and 2.5 12volt leads, any advise would be most helpful. Thanks Colin

That would not work because that housing looks like it was designed for ip cameras, the heater would not work on 12v, would better to get some normal power & bnc baluns and bypass the heater

at least where I live theres no need for the heater, but it depends where you live.

I have taken your advise and returned the camera housing, I am know using conventional housings with 240volt heaters, should I need them, are you able to give me more manufactures and model numbers of box cameras that would suit my situation, residential covering the area in front of my property, once again thank you all so far, o by the way I purchased (cheap)a Panasonic WV-CP220/B, what do you think of this camera

I have taken your advise and returned the camera housing, I am know using conventional housings with 240volt heaters, should I need them, are you able to give me more manufactures and model numbers of box cameras that would suit my situation, residential covering the area in front of my property, once again thank you all so far, o by the way I purchased (cheap)a Panasonic WV-CP220/B, what do you think of this camera

If you don't want any IR (no ir cut filter)

JVC TK-C9201EG would be a good choice

but any camera with more than 480tvl should work

but if you want IR then you would have to get a

Samsung SDN-550PH

Or a camera with True Day Night IR Filter (ICR)

I have that camera and its ok but its not that sharp of an image (330tvl)

Would be fine for short range or zoomed in with a big 5-50mm lens

Most of these cameras have no lens included so you will need to get an auto iris lens for each camera

(auto iris has the wire coming off of it)

Otherwise you will have issues with the image being overexposed due to the manual iris