reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

There were 3 firmware files from xvision

the first failed twice then worked

2nd file worked

3rd file failed once then worked

I did them 1 by 1

I USED THE SEARCH BUT ALSO TRYIED THE MANUAL ...

NOW I TRYIED TO UPGRADE WITHIN THE MENU IN SETUPMENU BUT UNFORTUNETLY IT BEGAN UPGRADE AND FAILED TO RESTART AND NOW FREEZE ON THE START IMAGE .

THE NVR DOES START ANY MORE ...

HELP

Canot detect it ...

oh my god, i update the with the same firmware too... same problem boot first screen, next blank and nothing more HELP! i have another unit working with stock firmware 4.0 ,

did you upgrade direct from the nvr or the search tool?

good afternoon! GhostRider, thankyou for your help!

update mine following the instructions in the PDF included in the firmware folder

connect and format a usb hardrive to the miniNVR

Network search tool

select the firmware update file 1 (NO1.R2701-8M_002_V4.0_0415.update)

the device reboot , shows initial screen image and then black screen, wait up to 15 minutes

i turn off and turn on and again.. the nvr shows the start image, the orange network led blinks, then black screen and dead! :cry

apparently brick my poor miniNVR

leave it on for a while then try and see if the search tool detects it after 30 mins

thank you very much for your fast response, I'll leave it on with everything connected, I really hope they show signs of life after 30 min

thanks again

did you upgrade direct from the nvr or the search tool?

Direct from the nvr because search tool fails due to login error

Well, leave it overnight and simply not start, the mouse does not light, the network led never light, I wonder if there will be any way to flash back the original firmware,

I posted a photo of the circuit board right here, right next to the speaker will be able to see that I think there are four holes for a usb or serial connection. can someone find out?

still willing to try, thank you very much

pinheader.jpg.e869f9a35bd4d5942528288f51b6d387.jpg

I have sent a message to the factory and will tell you if there is any issues

I just sent an email to the seller too! ,

I think we have the same model of miniNVR apparently equal to GhostRider but different and incompatible with the Xvision firmware.

I still have another miniNVR in perfect condition, I wonder if there will be any way to extract the original firmware.

the factory sent me a link

http://www.filemail.com/d/riuyyilyfexuhqz.

but i can t get working the tellnet command ...

Hello ! WoW from dead to live? this is fast!

your nvr network led blinks when they stuck on boot screen ?

thanks very much i will try this

Edited by Guest

all the processus is in the text file !

if you are on seven you list activante tellnet client un Windows

and connect rj45 direct between Pc and nvr

then set ip of Pc to 192.168.1.1

the factory sent me a link

http://www.filemail.com/d/riuyyilyfexuhqz.

but i can t get working the tellnet command ...

Hello ! WoW from dead to live? this is fast!

your nvr network led blinks when they stuck on boot screen ?

thanks very much i will try this

the led was little blinking .

Thank you very much for your help !

try installing the firmware on a usb memory 8gb, nvr did the same as always, showed initial screen for 5 seconds and then black screen and windows shows network cable disconnected

try a 2GB memory format fat16, nvr did the same as always, Showed initial screen for 5 seconds, the readwrite flashdrive led flashes fast (like reading), and then black screen and windows shows network cable disconnected

I did the same with a completely clean NTFS formatted external hard drive WesternDigital "Mybook" 500gb, Showed initial screen, the harddrive LED flashes for the initial 6 seconds (like reading), windows keep sending packets but receive nothing (only orange led blinks), 3 minutes and then black screen and windows shows network cable disconnected

i try with the wired Ethernet standard, and a crossover ethernet cable, my windows xp PC only send the packets but receive nothing.

frustrated, connect my other miniNVR (which works perfectly) to check network connections, and succeed in making telnet connection successfully entering the username and password provided in the "recovery command.txt" no usb drives connected.

My seller just provide me the manufacturer's site ( http://www.aevision.com.cn/en/ProductDetail.Asp?Id=178 ), and just sent an email to the support department in north america, I hope have the same good luck that kn__kn has

thank you very much for your help, really are very friendly people.

crossing fingers.

Okay, this is a long thread and there are a lot of features in the device.

I think it's a shame that it only supports hard drives and doesn't seem to work with USB "thumb" drives, but there's probably not much that we can do about that.

I ended up with a piece of software that generates one-time-codes that, when used at login, erase the admin password, as well as the hard-coded root password that we all probably know by now.

I see other people have posted firmware updates, I seem to have 4.0.21040322, but I don't know what advantage there is in updating this.

I have purchased one of the recommended drives and it's showing up. I've made all the week yellow in the scheduler, so it should be doing motion detection all the time. The camera itself is set to do motion detection and to upload images to an FTP server that's currently not available.

So... Can anyone suggest what I might be missing to get motion detection working?

Lastly, more generally, if you end up with a few hundred or thousand motion detected images on a web server somewhere, what do you use to manage/view them? Is there a good web based imaging solution that works well for this?