reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

I did have a cgi script you add to the folder where motion images are stored and it generates a web page with thumbnails, I'll find it and post links later.

What software are you using to generate the codes?

Mine works in REMOTE with internet explorer, but I can not get it to view the camera directly from the mini NVR.

With the remote software, there is an option to "open all" when I right mouse click over a camera. This option is NOT on the menu when I am on the actual local NVR.

So right now, the local NVR display is just black (with time and date stamp running) for this one HIkvision camera I have installed.

Any ideas?

is that on vga or hdmi display? try changing the resolution

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed to HDMI from the VGA, and tried all the different resolutions, and still just have a blank screen in camera 1 box.

I'm still puzzled by why the remote sees it, and has the option to "start all" in the right click menu, but I don't get that option in the local menu.

go into settings and try changing your stream type, there should be 4 options there in the drop down menu

also try changing from 9 screen view to 4 screen view

Thank you Ghost Rider! That did the trick.

Do you happen to know if there is anyone to get rid of the menu at the top? I would like a full screen view so I can use these little NVR's as public view monitors. It sure would be an inexpensive alternative to buying a computer or full size NVR just to view one camera....

the menu at the top should dissapear when the mouse is not covering it, now that i have xvision firmware there is no menu at the top only a right-click menu

I'll give a firmware updata a try, as I can't get the menu to go away.

per your notes below, which firmware did you end up with? When I unzip the folder, I get

1. app.squashfs.3520d.a.old.all.nor.4_0_2014041610

2. linux.img.3520d_mini

3. rfs.squashfs.3520d.a.old.all.nor.4_0_2014041610

4. u-boot.bin.3520d_8

And are you using local USB to update, or through the network with the

finder utility?

Thanks so much!

Matt

There were 3 firmware files from xvision

the first failed twice then worked

2nd file worked

3rd file failed once then worked

I did them 1 by 1

i'll check what files i used when i get to my pc, I take it you have read the messages above and seen people have failed firmware updates and bricked their nvr?

Yes! I'm a little nervous about bricking it. I saw the recovery command .txt file, and I'm not to familar with telnet, so I was hoping not to have to do that

Has anyone got their nvr working with a mobile app iphone/android ? im using an app called goolink which is a little buggy, anyone using another?

Goolink is functionnal for me but

Tmeye ,tmeye free , tmeye cloud , tmeye + are also working well with mini nvr

Ps:

The support says me that the nvr can't work in motion detection with hikvision cams ... Because they have proprietary protocols

Has anyone got their nvr working with a mobile app iphone/android ? im using an app called goolink which is a little buggy, anyone using another?

VMEye.

Well, I bricked it.

When I went to do the update with the search tool, my search tool is only an IP search tool, it did not have any part on the bottom of the screen that would allow for me to upload firmware, so I used a USB key. Seemed to work well... with a 1 to 100 percent gauge, and then it rebooted automatically, but not it has been an hour, and still nothing.

TELNET: I look at the instruction for telnet, and I don't understand how I can get an IP address for this thing, which seems to be necessary for the telnet. Any ideas what I use for an IP?

use a programme called advances ip scanner, it will scan your network and list all ip addresses for devices, or if you have an iphone use a programme called inet, there are android ip scanners aswell

I think I am beyond things like Advanced IP scanner because the network lights (green and amber) do not light when I plug anything into the unit. Also, when I patch directly to my laptop I get "network cable unplugged". It's like it is electrically dead.

When I brick something, I use really high quality bricks!

I think I am beyond things like Advanced IP scanner because the network lights (green and amber) do not light when I plug anything into the unit. Also, when I patch directly to my laptop I get "network cable unplugged". It's like it is electrically dead.

When I brick something, I use really high quality bricks!

sorry for your miniNVR, i think you have the same board like my unit, the factory sent to my these file, you need to copy to a clean fat16 or fat32 usb flashdrive, connect to the usb port in the miniNVR and boot, you can see network and mouse, in a window to update firmware, then you can do telnet, the ip in the miniNVR is 192.168.1.188

files to copy in the USB flashdrive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxkvWmKczYDFQzVFRFQyS2FYWDQ/edit?usp=sharing

tell us your progress.

Hello!

Signed here couse bricked my nvr too

It boots up with USB recovery disk (thanks systpro for link)

but when i select .update file it says "wrong file"...

Edit: it accepted update file, updated ok - but after reboot still nothing, no video signal, lan not blinking.

Should i wait all night or something is wrong?

Can someone post more firmwares/update files?

And maybe repost with telnet recovery files couse links doesnt work anymore.

Thanks for help!