reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Thanks GhostRider!

But it looks like i bricked my nvr completly before trying your files

Now it dosnt even boot from USB, only short bootlogo, few blinks from lan port and no other signs of life.

Probably only serial connection left - usb ports dont read flashdrive, lan port not working

BTW: are you satisfied with this NVR? Everything works fine? Can you recommend it?

Couse if i cant recover mine - i'll buy another unit.

Thanks for help!

did you try the files via telnet?

my nvr is working fine, the only problem i have is the ports are a bit loose so if i move the usb HDD cable the NVR turns off.

did you try the files via telnet?

I cant connect via telnet couse nvr need to boot to state with active lan port

-it needs tcp/ip protocol to connect via LAN.

But after few blinks (for about 2 seconds it is pingable at 192.168.1.188) but then LAN port is not active.

Tried even tftp (used to unbrick routers) -no response.

Probably only serial connection is possible via pins on mainboard -but dont have time for that

For those that have bricked their NVRs has anyone tried attaching a serial cable? I've seen reports of this working on another forum. Looks to be a standard TTL header so a MAX232 serial converter should enable direct access to the console. I've also read that it's a uboot boot loader so in theroy there should be some chance to restore the device.

I've got one of these on the way so I'll see what happens when I try flashing it. GhostRider could you post as much detail as possible about your unit so we can try and work out which NVR's are cross flashable and which aren't, if there's any differnces etc?

Also I managed Brick mini NVR but I was lucky because update file from this forum.

Copy the files to formated FAT32 usb. Insert the USB into the NVR and turn it on.

If you NVR with another firmware update, use the correct files but the process will be about the same

Sorry bad English and the bad video quality

http://uloz.to/xDiyaSnR/repair-broken-xvision-xrn0808e-with-usb-zip

9FTofvjmthk video will later be active / my upload is very slow /

And here is my bricked nvr:

Almost identical - but one chip is different.

Probably its my fault and i did something wrong - but my nvr dont read usb flash any more and dont have active lan port.

MindrustUK - if you can give me some more info (links?) about serial connection and what to do next - i can try.

Edit: and here is my bootlogo (original from the beginning till now) - it lasts for 2 seconds.

nvr.thumb.JPG.1a8198e82293deeefd840941caf97f09.JPG

1146066479_nvrbootlogo.JPG.fdb8b7b6d59f3baf451643ccab8d169f.JPG

Well here's what I've got:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://forum.videon.spb.ru/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D10%26t%3D5930%26start%3D60&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://forum.videon.spb.ru/viewtopic.php%253Ff%253D10%2526t%253D5930%2526start%253D60%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DVns%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26channel%3Dsb

It's a translation of a Russian CCTV site. Looks like there's someone on there who has managed to get a serial connection into the device. As I understand it, a standard serial UART cable such as this: https://www.modmypi.com/USB-to-TTL-Serial-Cable-Debug-Console-Cable-for-Raspberry-Pi should do. Just looks a case of soldering in the pin headers and connecting up the device. Not sure what you can force Uboot to do then but if you get any output then it's a start.

Hallo,

First sorry for my English

I bought 8ch NVR type DA-2008A (on board TE9104/9204T_V1.0) - same firmware as MINI NVR but has SATA.

The software version is V4.0 [20140103].

NVR use with cameras HIKVISION DS-2CD2132-I with the latest software:

Firmware Version V5.1.6 build 140612

Encoding Version V5.0 build 140411

Image of the camera works flawlessly, recording schedule as well. The problem is with the recording / motion detection.

The camera is configured correctly, because on the Synology Surveillance Station works well (motion detection camera)

and screenshots on the FTP.

Motion detection 'works' that: one camera did not detect motion when it occurs, and the second non-stop recording ...

I have tried different combinations of settings and there is no way to force the NVR to correct motion detection.

Anyone who Motion Detect works can public two conf files? (/usr/etc/PICCFG.xml and /usr/etc/RECORDCFG.xml)

open telnet

login: root

password: antslq

/bin/ftpput -u user -p password yourftp /PICCFG.xml /usr/etc/PICCFG.xml

/bin/ftpput -u user -p password yourftp /PICCFG.xml /usr/etc/RECORDCFG.xml

I try update firmware but from XRN0808E not work.

Work:

20140103_013f_3520d_nor_A_old_8ch.update (last one from factory website)

and

20131211_013e_f_0152_3_3520d_nor_A_old.update (from repair-broken-xvision-XRN0808E-with-USB.zip)

Best,

Pawel

nvr.thumb.jpg.afde3ed9eeb60da2d09410ac5bfae198.jpg

Motion detection 'works' that: one camera did not detect motion when it occurs, and the second non-stop recording ...

I have tried different combinations of settings and there is no way to force the NVR to correct motion detection.

Exactly same problem that i had -even after correct settings - it didnt save it.

And the reason i tried flashing new firmware.

Exactly same problem that i had -even after correct settings - it didnt save it.

And the reason i tried flashing new firmware.

Good News !! my miniNVR is working now !, a support from factory (thanks Mr. Zhong) made via teamviewer to my pc to diagnose, all the troubles are for a incorrect firmware, they send me the correct one, i uploaded to my google drive.

**** Download: https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0BxkvWmKczYDFYzY2eF93QUFUUUk/edit

1.- Unzip and copy to a formatted fat16 or fat32 clean flashdrive the "3520d_U Disk Boot Recovery Files"

2.- copy to the same flashdrive the file "01530123_mini_8ch_nor_A_old_20140417.update"

3.- plug the usbflashdrive to the miniNVR and turn on, wait 2 minutes and a update screen will pop up

4.- clic browse and select "01530123_mini_8ch_nor_A_old_20140417.update" and clic update

5.- when update is complete please turn off the miniNVR and unplug the usbflashdrive, turn on again and VOILA!

*NOTE with the hikvision camera DS-2CD02032-I my motion detection in my other miniNVR works like a charm! i have the original factory firmware V4.0 (20140322)

I start testing the new firmware (20140417) that made ​​it back to life my miniNVR

Edited by Guest

hi,

i am reading this topic with much interest.

nice to see everybody has same NVR problems als i have.

i like the device, problem is finding the right cams.

i installed a vanxse v-b810 and it worked like charme, good image, motion detect settings can be done etc etc.

i thought Onvif did the trick so i ordered exactly the same cam again. That one does not do the NVR motion detection.

When i set the settings go away from the setting page and then go back to motion settings, the settings are gone.

only difference in both cams is hardware and software version. brand and type are the same.

I ordered a few other cams, non of them works, they are all Onvif.

My my question is on what protocol do the HikeVision cams do there job.

My first Vanxse uses the i8 protocol and works fine, the second (and all other cams) connect Onvif and don't work.

I asked AEvision, they confirm most Onvif don't work jet.

Does anyone has problem with a i.xx protocol or has anyone problems with Onvif ?

20140709_115100.jpg.095f046d06bc6b983b1d54b83c2be5b7.jpg

Thanks for your post systpro, I tried Ghostrider's firmware and bricked the NVR. I used the one posted by systpro to restore it so I can only assume there are two different models (at least) out there. I got the Xvision splash then nothing (I'm going to investigate what went wrong more later). Interestingly I couldn't use the Xvision product tool to detect the device before the restored flash now I can. That said any attempt to update the firmware fails. Maybe this is a serial number lock out?

Ghostrider, could you telnet to your device and post the output of the following commands:

dmesg

free

cat /proc/cpuinfo

I'm thinking maybe the CPU is differnt or there's a differnce in the ammount of RAM in the device. It seems your device is some how magical

Hello,

I can't connect to the unit with IE, anyone suggestions I try chrome with the IE tab noting worked black screen with a picture of 60%

does it ask you to install a plugin? if not then you need to lower your security settings

yes and I install it

do you see 8 squares where the cameras should be? press the round button in the bottom right corner of each square to turn the camera view on

do you see 8 squares where the cameras should be? press the round button in the bottom right corner of each square to turn the camera view on

I have put the ip address of the unit to trusted websites in IE and now it works !

whitch kind of usb hdd work on the nvr I tried a seagate expension portable 1tb 2.5 and it works fine and a seagate expension desktop drive 2tb 3.5 and it react the same but it didn't work

Thanks for the info GhostRider, I've soldered up some pins on my device and flashed the xvision firmware. Using the TTL to Serial cable I can see it gets an encryption error unpacking the jffs2. I've not spent any time playing with the firmware yet... Not sure why your one 'just works'.

In other news I tried this with the firmware provided by systpro, for some reason both eSATA and USB harddisks show up and the device sets them up (a few partitions, FAT32 and EXT off the top of my head) but when I force a manual capture it returns a 'No HDD' error.

I've got the device setup with a Hikvision camera, a Grandstream GXV3504 and a 'ELP' cheap chinese camera they all seem to trigger motion events (observed via the console) but since it's not recording I can't really verify this 100%

I've had no luck using any of the remote Android apps to connect to the device (vmeye for example). But looking 'under the hood' I can see the device (by deafault) calls out to a few chinese servers. One of them is goolink the other one I can't remember much as they are used for p2p I can't say I'm wonderfuly happy with this being a paranoid tinfoil hat.

Goolink is the only one i can get to work, I dont like the idea of these p2p apps connecting through chinese servers, i want to use something like vmeye for a direct connection