reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Edit of the complete message for more clarity on my request!

I'm a little bit lost with my NVR...

It is updated to last FW version available from URCCTV, I have 4 cameras connected (4 channels are unused).

3 are Cybernova cameras and one is an unbranded purchased from Aliexpress.

I'm trying to configure and setup everything from the IE interface, without ActiveX.

All cameras were resetted to default parameters.

1/Camera setup

When trying to configure the camera, I use the "search" features but it gave me different results.

Here are 2 snapshot of the result, looks at the port and the protocol found:

261305_1.jpg

and

261305_2.jpg

Which setting should I use?

For the camera with Protocol I9, if I keep the port 8091, I have no pictures. I have to set it to 80 to get a pictures. Is it normal?

2/I can't get the OSD to work on any of the 4 channels, no time stamp is visible from IE. Is it normal?

If normal in IE, will the time stamp be recorded?

If not, that mean I have to activate the time in each camera, which is a mess as they do not keep a proper time zone...

3/I can't set motion detection on any of them. Each time I change and save the parameters in the motion detection menu, when I open the menu again settings are ressted.

Should the motion detection be programmed in each camera own interface or is it the NVR which will manage this?

4/I have connected a HDD (750 Go). Recording is working but I have not find any setting for the storage. I would like to overwrite automatically the oldest files once the disk will be full. Is this possible?

5/When accessing the NVR from my local network, I have pictures of the camera. But when I try to access it from outside, I have only the interface and no pictures of any cameras.

I have forwarded in my router the public port 10000 to port 80 of the NVR and opened 5050 to 5052 from public to NVR IP. But I have no luck... Can you please explain how to manage this?

sorry for having so many questions ))

Hi,

I just received a new Mini NVR 8chn ESCAM.

I have 2 Foscam working, one is FI8918W the other is FI8909W.

I plugged the NVR to the network (the PING for the IP is OK) and when i do the search it can´t find any cameras.

So manually i put the IP´s and the correct COM ports, and still no image. When i use the same IP and COM in IE i can see the image so it´s not a problem of communication.

After reading this tread i know now that there are Protocols

Can someone tell me if it´s possible to connect to both of cameras? and how?

Thanks

Thank you.

Any suggestion on that?

If you're looking for an indoor pan tilt camera similar to the foscam ones you might look at this camera:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CCTV-Wireless-Wifi-720P-HD-H-264-P2P-1MP-IP-Network-Home-IR-Security-Camera-P-T-/151349669712?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item233d24af50

I purchased one of these for a cheap indoor camera and have had no issues at all with it.

They are fairly cheap and do what they say and are onvif compliant.

I am using mine with an ESCAM branded 8 channel mini NVR currently.

The presets do not work with the mini NVR, but basic pan tilt does and the main thing is the video feed works fine.

The only issue I've come across is I cannot seem to locate anywhere to check for updated firmware and software, though this hasn't really been an issue anyway.

Thank you for the help and light on that matter.

Happy Christmas!

Not a problem.

Same to you.

One thing to note. I believe this camera is sold under several different brand names such as Sricam, Wanscam, etc... I would suggest not dealing with Sricam as I have found their customer service to be abysmal. Also, make sure to select the 720p version to ensure it is onvif compliant.

Some similar models are only 300k or .3mp and I am unaware if these conform to onvif.

This is the lowest price I have seen on the specific model though.

If you were to purchase one by another brand name I would recommend Wanscam. I have exchanged some emails with them and they seem to be very happy to assist customers and have had very fast response times.

I would like to say a big "thank you!" to Mike and his technician Alvin! They sort out all problem I had on my mini NVR to get motion detection to work!

Main issue was the camera settings: I rely on the auto search but parameters should be forced to a specific protocol instead of ONVIF and the default port should be changed from 1018 (Onvif detected port) to 80 as default.

Motion detection is now working.

I need to find out now how the verious schedule parameters interfer between each other!

I would like also to understand how I can delete file on my HDD or if I can setup the oldest recording to be erase by newest ones.

Only option I see as of today is to format the HDD when it is full...But I surely miss something on that topic!

I would like to say a big "thank you!" to Mike and his technician Alvin! They sort out all problem I had on my mini NVR to get motion detection to work!

Main issue was the camera settings: I rely on the auto search but parameters should be forced to a specific protocol instead of ONVIF and the default port should be changed from 1018 (Onvif detected port) to 80 as default.

I need to find out now how the verious schedule parameters interfer between each other!

I would like also to understand how I can delete file on my HDD or if I can setup the oldest recording to be erase by newest ones.

Only option I see as of today is to format the HDD when it is full...But I surely miss something on that topic!

The latest firmware version 20141030's default setting for recording is to replace oldest recording files with newest recording files. We have hide the selection. There is a firmware to disclose the selection and enable you to select between 1, erase old files and keep recording 2. stop recording when HDD is full. But I don't think this firmware is necessary to be used...

Since I'm using this NVR it is looking 'dead' after a few days and the screen is black, I also can't reach it with internet explorer or goolink APP. After a reboot it is functioning normal. I tried to solve it by setting an automated reset every midnight. That worked for the last weeks but now my NVR 'hangs' after 2 to 3 hours.

It looks like something is getting to warm or something. Any ideas??

The latest firmware version 20141030's default setting for recording is to replace oldest recording files with newest recording files. We have hide the selection. There is a firmware to disclose the selection and enable you to select between 1, erase old files and keep recording 2. stop recording when HDD is full. But I don't think this firmware is necessary to be used...

Thanks Mike, this is perfect for me!

I need to understand now how I should configure my internet box to get access from internet.

I have setup a port forwarding from 10000 public to NVR local IP port 80. I get access to interface and settings but no video...

If someone can give some indications...

The new nvr2 16 channels is fine product.

Is working with faster cpu i think,recordings are smoother.

I had 8 cams on my mini-nvr,but is now replaced.

Happy because webif or gui is same, also standard with latest firm.

Thank you Mike.

Hello,

Can i use it with wifi,

I have tested it with a usb stick it see the router but it is not working

Hello,

Can i use it with wifi,

I have tested it with a usb stick it see the router but it is not working

NVR supports WEP encryption only, please try.

If you're looking for an indoor pan tilt camera similar to the foscam ones you might look at this camera:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CCTV-Wireless-Wifi-720P-HD-H-264-P2P-1MP-IP-Network-Home-IR-Security-Camera-P-T-/151349669712?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item233d24af50

I purchased one of these for a cheap indoor camera and have had no issues at all with it.

They are fairly cheap and do what they say and are onvif compliant.

I am using mine with an ESCAM branded 8 channel mini NVR currently.

The presets do not work with the mini NVR, but basic pan tilt does and the main thing is the video feed works fine.

The only issue I've come across is I cannot seem to locate anywhere to check for updated firmware and software, though this hasn't really been an issue anyway.

Hi,

I have the same configuration (2 SUNLUXY 720P and ESCAM 8 channel NVR), but the NVR does not detect any motion alarm.

I tryed many settings, but while on internal SD card and android app I get the warnings, the NVR keeps recording a constant blue normal track on the timeline

Did you had similar trouble?

Hi,

I have the same configuration (2 SUNLUXY 720P and ESCAM 8 channel NVR), but the NVR does not detect any motion alarm.

I tryed many settings, but while on internal SD card and android app I get the warnings, the NVR keeps recording a constant blue normal track on the timeline

Did you had similar trouble?

I have the NVR set to constantly record as I have other cameras that do not work with motion recording.

The cameras themselves have to support motion recording to work with the NVR.

Depending on how you have the NVR recording schedule setup you may need to set it to motion recording in case it is set for constant recording.

Then you would have to set each individual camera channel on the NVRs motion settings.

I have the NVR set to constantly record as I have other cameras that do not work with motion recording.

The cameras themselves have to support motion recording to work with the NVR.

Depending on how you have the NVR recording schedule setup you may need to set it to motion recording in case it is set for constant recording.

Then you would have to set each individual camera channel on the NVRs motion settings.

Yes, I have the same cams that you shown in your link, and they are detecting end recording the alarms, writing different files from regular one, on each sd card.

My goal is to do the same as I do with another analog DVR: timeline with regular records and different color if a motion is detected.

At the moment my NVR works only if I set a constant record...

After testing this camera with motion detection on the NVR, it doesn't appear to work.

Only certain cameras will work with the NVR and motion detection.

It seems we are limited to constant recording with these cameras if using with the NVR.

Hi all,

I have probably bricked my 8ch mini NVR by upgrading it

I have downloaded 8CH_Mini_NVR 20140417_Firmware from http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html

and uploaded it.

After that my mini NVR got dead.

At booting it displays picture and then it goes black:

262300_1.jpg

I do not know if its oem or not (I bought it on AliExpress).

My NVR details before upgrade:

Model No. N6200-8E

N6200-8E000D0B27-015

Device Serial No. 015310106972aa368c34

system Version:

Master Version V.4.0[20131211]

Hardware Version V4.0

Mainboard picture:

262300_2.jpg

I can only start it from Fat 32 USB disk, however when I try to update it, I get 'Wrong file' error.

262300_3.jpg

but I can reach mini NVR via telnet at 192.168.1.188 connected directly to my PC.

I have also tried nvrtelnet but after uploading new files mini NVR has been still dead...

262300_4.jpg

Can anyone help?

I just wanted to get rid of ActiveX and have the possibility to open mini NVR GUI from FF, Chrome etc....

Hi all,

I have probably bricked my 8ch mini NVR by upgrading it

I have downloaded 8CH_Mini_NVR 20140417_Firmware from http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html

and uploaded it.

After that my mini NVR got dead.

At booting it displays picture and then it goes black:

262300_1.jpg

I do not know if its oem or not (I bought it on AliExpress).

My NVR details before upgrade:

Model No. N6200-8E

N6200-8E000D0B27-015

Device Serial No. 015310106972aa368c34

system Version:

Master Version V.4.0[20131211]

Hardware Version V4.0

Mainboard picture:

262300_2.jpg

I can only start it from Fat 32 USB disk, however when I try to update it, I get 'Wrong file' error.

262300_3.jpg

but I can reach mini NVR via telnet at 192.168.1.188 connected directly to my PC.

I have also tried nvrtelnet but after uploading new files mini NVR has been still dead...

262300_4.jpg

Can anyone help?

I just wanted to get rid of ActiveX and have the possibility to open mini NVR GUI from FF, Chrome etc....

Already sent rebooting files to you, please check private message.

Good Luck

After testing this camera with motion detection on the NVR, it doesn't appear to work.

It seems we are limited to constant recording with these cameras if using with the NVR.

1. All Onvif Camera can work with NVR, get video and record continuously, so first step is to make sure it is an Onvif IP Camera so that the video can be recorded by other Onvif NVR.

2. Motion Detection Need the camera to be with Standard Onvif Protocol. Many IPC manufacturers use their own Modified Onvif Protocol to make their IPC only fully compatible on their own NVR like the NVSIP, HIKVISION etc.

But many other IPC manufacturer(More than 20) and us developed private protocols together to make their IPC's motion detection function work on NVR.

So there are more than 20 private protocols available. If your IPC is originally from one of our partners, upload the correct protocol to NVR then the motion detection function can work. (NVSIP, HIKVISION camera still not work on Motion Detection)

1. All Onvif Camera can work with NVR, get video and record continuously, so first step is to make sure it is an Onvif IP Camera so that the video can be recorded by other Onvif NVR.

2. Motion Detection Need the camera to be with Standard Onvif Protocol. Many IPC manufacturers use their own Modified Onvif Protocol to make their IPC only fully compatible on their own NVR like the NVSIP, HIKVISION etc.

But many other IPC manufacturer(More than 20) and us developed private protocols together to make their IPC's motion detection function work on NVR.

So there are more than 20 private protocols available. If your IPC is originally from one of our partners, upload the correct protocol to NVR then the motion detection function can work. (NVSIP, HIKVISION camera still not work on Motion Detection)

This is branded Sunluxy but it is likely manufactured by Wanscam.

Is there protocol for Wanscam or Sricam, etc...?

I'm also noticing Zmodo cameras don't seem to work on motion though my Anran cameras do.

Edited by Guest

Dear All,

Thanks To Mike my problem with upgrading miniNVR is now solved.

Once again, Thank YOU Mike.

Regards,

Rad