reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Hi guys,

i possess a mini NVR 8 ch and HDIPCAM

But what is this software you are talking to update?

With NVR there's only "video monitor software", this is not it?

Give me plz a download link for software which talk.

I'm lost

Thks.

Ok I have bought one of these but I'm waiting for it to arrive. Am I correctin understanding that if I use a powered external USB hard drive that it won't do continuous recording to it.

Will I need to use an esata cable and external power source?

Has anyone tried an external eSata multi-drive unit configured as a single eSata drive? I'm wondering how I can get the most drive capacity to this recorder. I want to get to about 16TB of drive space to do 30 days of 24/7 recording on 8 cameras at 3MP. (That still just blows my mind. In 1997 I worked for a company that had a terabyte drive array. It was almost as big as my desk.)

I am still waiting for mine to arrive. Does this have built in wifi or do I have to buy a separate usb adapter? Just wondering if I need to run an ethernet cable or buy a wifi dongle. I mainly bought this so I can display my cameras live feed on my main TV. The cameras are wired to my router.

This is the one I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-264-4CH-1080P-Mini-Linux-Security-CCTV-NVR-HDMI-ONVIF-2-0-with-3G-Mobile-/191442833697?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CA:3160

You can use a usb wifi adapter but it only supports WEP encryption which is old technology, so unless you have wep you will need to use an ethernet cable

Hello to all!

I bought the N6200-8E, the model is mark cotier.

When arrive a try to update the firmware with the last 20150124 found in the URCCTV web site.

After the update the NVR BRICK!!! I think because I didn't unplug the network cable.

I read this site, but isn't simple to find a correct procedure for un-brik the nvr.

The unique procedure work for me is that:

Create a USB key FAT32 with the telnet recovery zip with versione 20140416.

Start the NVR with an E-SATA HDD connect, but without any USB KEY. in this mode the NVR start with IP

I discover in lan the IP 192.168.1.188 and after ping I connect with TELNET.

Plug the USB Key prepare with the correct file

Use the procedure TELNET for recovery and all now work!!!

I see on the cotier web site, the last firmware is 20140416, but in URCCTV is 20150124!!!

How can upload correctly the last firmware? Can I put the firmware I found in URCCTV site?

When I try to update firmware the nvr say me "The file is not valid..." somethings like that.

I hope help someone for the my little experience for un-brick the NVR, and ask you if you can help me to understand.

Inside my box NVR I found this:

file.php?id=6385

Hello to all!

When arrive a try to update the firmware with the last 20150124 found in the URCCTV web site.

After the update the NVR BRICK!!! I think because I didn't unplug the network cable.

I read this site, but isn't simple to find a correct procedure for un-brik the nvr.

Start the NVR with an E-SATA HDD connect, but without any USB KEY. in this mode the NVR start with IP

I see on the cotier web site, the last firmware is 20140416, but in URCCTV is 20150124!!!

How can upload correctly the last firmware? Can I put the firmware I found in URCCTV site?

When I try to update firmware the nvr say me "The file is not valid..." somethings like that.

I hope help someone for the my little experience for un-brick the NVR, and ask you if you can help me to understand.

file.php?id=6385

you don't need all this procedure TELNET

all you have to do is to put the recovery files on the root directory of formated FAT32 DOK

then connect screen and mouse

boot up withe the DOK in the USB port

and then chose the recovery file.

https://www.google.co.il/search?q=repair-broken-xvision-xrn0808e-with-usb&oq=repair-broken-xvision-xrn0808e-with-usb&aqs=chrome..69i57.280j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=repair+broken+mini+nvr

Hi Guys,

just as information:

When I connected 5 cameras to my NVR, suddenly channel 1 began dropping connection...then turned back, then again off.

As I investigated, the camera (network?) was not able to load the streams bandwith

(5 x 2500Kb). When I throttled them down, everything began working smoothly (or maybe the hdd was not able the cope with the load as pre-recording with motion detect is being used...don't know)

I also ordered a SATA cable to connect hdd, as USB connection is still very unstable (using firmware 01-24)

David

Hello forum , im very glad about buying this product it works very well with my HD foscams. I observed the same issues as brazsik said. I have 6 HD cameras at 720p 30fps and 2MB bitrate. Occasionally i get black screen in some streams and then the streams are back , it happens random and not at all cameras together. All cameras are wired and their substreams are 640x380.

Can it be a network problem or it is natural ?? All cameras and nvr are connected at 100 Mbps switch.

Also playing with the NVR stream type -> tried all that are equal or bigger than the cameras resolution and at some of them when i full screen a channel some other gives me a yellow warning triangle and freezes, when i exit fullscreen these channels start working again.

Is there any need to update to latest firmware ? Are there any critical updates ??

Thanks !

I get the same problem with 1 of my 720p cameras, from sunrise to sunsets its on/off every few minutes then at night it works fine

Hi Guys,

just as information:

When I connected 5 cameras to my NVR, suddenly channel 1 began dropping connection...then turned back, then again off.

As I investigated, the camera (network?) was not able to load the streams bandwith

(5 x 2500Kb). When I throttled them down, everything began working smoothly (or maybe the hdd was not able the cope with the load as pre-recording with motion detect is being used...don't know)

I also ordered a SATA cable to connect hdd, as USB connection is still very unstable (using firmware 01-24)

David

I think that the reason is because there is service that upload the video to the http://www.goolink.org/ server

try to disable the in this screen, by default it ENABLE

Capture.thumb.JPG.5ed0b0f2d0645411f9237b169c4c8e7c.JPG

Hi Guys,

just as information:

David

I think that the reason is because there is service that upload the video to the http://www.goolink.org/ server

try to disable the in this screen, by default it ENABLE

The management host 1 and 2 ?

Can someone confirm this ? By the way i was curious what is this

Trust me, you want to turn off

If you don't need to remote access, block all non-local network traffic...

Trust me, you want to turn off

If you don't need to remote access, block all non-local network traffic...

yes i know what is it and its good to close it for security reasons , but my main concern is , will "fix" the randomly black image in the monitoring windows.

thanks

Have you set the correct NVR DNS?

Thanks a lot Mike - it was DNS problem. Now goolink is working

If you have any solution for other problems it will be great.

Arcos

Hello, which is the correct DNS ?

Hello to all!

file.php?id=6385

you don't need all this procedure TELNET

all you have to do is to put the recovery files on the root directory of formated FAT32 DOK

then connect screen and mouse

boot up withe the DOK in the USB port

and then chose the recovery file.

https://www.google.co.il/search?q=repair-broken-xvision-xrn0808e-with-usb&oq=repair-broken-xvision-xrn0808e-with-usb&aqs=chrome..69i57.280j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=repair+broken+mini+nvr

The procedure for recovery from brick with the recovery file in USB for me didn't work. Work only with telnet.

I ask you, with MasterVersione 4.0 (20140416) and Hardware Version 4.0, what firmware I can download for upgrade?

When I put the USB KEY in NVR it see like a disk but not like an HDD for recording.

Why?

I have a USB KEY of 64 GB and I would like to use this Key, it's possible or for recorder you use only an HDD?

First of all, thanks for a great forum!

I have a 4 channel NVR (Escam), upgraded to 20150124 URCCTV.

I tried to add a HDD, Seagate Expansion 2Tb.

Yesterday my NVR didn't find the HDD at all.

Today I rebooted once again and surprise, the HDD could be found in System/hdd setting.

But..

From IE i get "Status Abnormal"

From a TV i get "Status Exception"

Tried to format, doesn't work.

Any clues? I cannot record to the HDD.

Thanks!

Hello!

Share your experience. Has anyone been able to configure danale? Mini nvr 6200E 8CH connected through a router, IP is dynamic, connected ddns. I can go on nvr, can not customize danale.

Hello, new user here

MANY thanx that this thread even exists, although it did hurt my head and eyes a bit, after having read 48 pages of forum content.

EVEN MORE THANX to Mike Mahon, for all the information and help on this thread. Not to forget that I should get future ip cameras / nvrs from their online store.

I recently bought an ESCAM K108 8-CH NVR (running FW20140417) and two ESCAM QD300 cameras (don't remember FW version, will have to look at it later).

Just my few cents:

1. I don't think building wifi into these units is a good idea, since wifi supports limited bandwidth, which could be easily reached if using more than 5 4Mbps HD cameras on your setup.

2. for the above same reason, having PowerLines on your LAN would probably be a bad idea.

3. found out that when lan connection is slow or has issues, preview usually plays, but full screen HD does not, or there are black-outs on the video streams. This happens a lot during well-lighted periods of the day, since streams are of a higher bandwidth when there's lots of detail on the captured video. Lowering the data rate fixes the above issue.

4. if trying to connect to ESCAM IP cameras using i12 protocol, you should NOT enter a password on the camera. Took me a few hours to figure out.

Will now take the chance and update to 20150124 firmware using a USB flash drive.

EDIT: Update went smooth, but I lost i12 protocol. Will try and add it right now...

EDIT2: After adding i12 protocol, the cameras would not be automatically detected. Had to manually set them up using i12, port 34567. Seem to be working fine. Any chance I added some old protocol file? Any link to the right ones?

Hello again,

Is there any chance somebody has any clues on where I can find any newer firmware for the ESCAM QD300 cameras?

Attaching a screenshot of the camera GUI.

873767517_ScreenShot2015-03-19at12_35_37...thumb.png.a3aec3e5e5ee7fc33ebf06a447ceb389.png

Hi, Thank you for this thread and all the answers here. My system is (was) running flawlessly mostly due to this thread. Record on motion, multiple cameras, remote access. Perfect!

My NVR stopped ALL recording when the hard drive was full, It seems that the switch may not be set to overwrite by default. I got an exception alarm (HDD Full) and tone then all recording stopped. I am using the 01-24-2015 firmware on an 8 channel.

Is there any way to confirm/correct this?

Thanks

SomeAssembly

Hello,

I have the same problem, someone managed to solve it?

thank you

I am still having all recording stop when the hard drive is full, has anyone got a solution?

Hi. Have a N6200 EH 16 channel mini nvr2. Pretty nice thing.

However, trying to ad i12 protocol I used to my old mini nvr box. All I get is not an upgrade file, anyone else with same result?

I purchased one of these 8ch mini NVRs from China and had some issues.

I was hoping that a firmware update might help with the motion detection and masking issues, as well as hopefully allowing me to attach snapshots to the emails.

While attempting to update it with the utility, I managed to brick the unit.

I attempted to use the USB recovery method, which went through and indicated it had completed, but after the reboot I still just got a black screen, and the USB was no longer booting.

After many attempts, I logged in with telnet and was unable to mount the USB device. tried another USB and also nothing.

I then formatted a HDD fat16 and copied the update (restore) files from the telnet instructions and connected the drive with eSATA and was able to use the telnet instructions to complete the restoration process.

Reboot and I was able to connect to the NVR through IE and get into configuration. I was then able to update the device to the latest firmware (20150124), load 4 cameras (still no motion detection or anything) and see video through internet explorer for all 4 cameras. Only things I noticed as different with the new firmware is that one camera is now showing up as ONVIF when it was previously I9, and the MAC address changed which resulted in a new IP instead of the static IP that was previously handed out.

When I connect the NVR with HDMI to my monitor however, the USB is still not working. If I connect the mouse, the light comes on but I cannot move the cursor or click. And I only get display from cameras 2 & 3. If I try to connect the drive as USB instead of eSATA it no longer registers as having the drive attached.

Thoughts?