reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Re the ONVIF vs ix issue, I believe that if there's an ix private protocol for your camera, you should use that and not ONVIF; I have 3 identical ESCAM QD300 cameras that were detected sometimes as ONVIF, sometimes as i12. Automatic detection was working with ESCAM original firmware. When registered as i12 on the nvr, I can access more features of the cameras. Have not tried motion detection thoughroughly yet.

However, after updating to latest firmware and adding i12 (I found it somewhere), since the update killed i12, the cameras do not get automatically detected anymore, not even as ONVIF cameras. I can however add them manually and they seem to be working fine. What could be the culprit? Wrong i12 protocol update maybe? Are there different versions of these as well?

On your case, maybe i9 was deleted by the update, in which case I guess you have to add it manually. That said, it would be a good idea to have a repository of ix private protocols. Oh, and maybe older firmware versions as well for testing purposes.

I cannot comment on the USB issues (had none) or the HD issue, since I still haven't plugged an HD as of yet. Maybe you could try erasing the HD on a computer (clear partitions) and then see what happens as USB. However, seems like the USB is not working properly. Does a flash thumb drive get registered?

I would reinstall the firmware if I were you.

I was able to add the i9 and i12 protocols and register the cameras with them.

The USB ports are still not working though.

Formatted drive, blank drive, usb thumb drive and mouse all light up and indicate they are getting enough power but the nvr acts as if nothing is connected. Through the hdmi and vga two cameras still do not show even though in IE they do.

Hi all,

Got a problem to get the Motion Detect function to work on my Mini NVR (as most of you seem to do) .

This question is probably directed at Mike Mahon (he's seems to be the expert with these devices " title="Applause" /> ), but anyone else is welcome to advise.

I've bought a Mini NVR N6200-4E. I've upgraded the Firmware to V4.0_20150124_Firmware to try and solve the issue, however no luck. It records fine in Manual mode, but I'd like to get the Motion Detect to work, as it makes it easier to track security breaches.

My cameras are all Wansview NCM624W. They are H.264 and supports both ONVIF and RTSP protocol. Motion Detect is activated in the cameras and they do send emails with 2 photos to my gmail account when triggered. I've also tested them with iSpy software on a laptop and again the Motion Detection works without issues.

The only conclusion that I can come to, is that the NVR is the culprit.

When contacting Wansview before I bought the NVR, they confirmed that these cameras support ONVIF 2.0.1, but has not tested it with these specific NVR's. They suggested to buy a HIKVISION or Dahua NVR. This suggest they don't use a proprietrary protocol.

Do you have any suggestion of getting these cameras to work with this NVR? (I'm pretty sure all the settings in the NVR is correct, but happy to check again if suggested)

I appreciate your time to reply.

Thanks

Aussie_Perth

Hi, Our NVR support Motion detection on Standard Onvif Protocol, which means unmodified Onvif Protocol. Many IP camera manufacturer changed standard Onvif to their own, to make their IP camera only fully compatible with their own recording devices. That's why we cooperated with them and developed over 20 private protocol to enable motion detection function. Hikvision used to have their own Onvif standard and motion detection can only work on their NVR, and they refuse to develop private protocol with us so their IP camera can not work on Motion detection function on our NVR. But it seems Hikvision started to use standard Onvif protocol lately because I have heard from more and more users that they can enable motion detection function of Hikvision camera on our NVR, it is really a good news.

Dahua has i33 private protocol with us, upload i33 to enable motion detection function of Dahua Camera

Grandstream has i19 private protocol with us, upload i19 to enable motion detection function of Grandstream cameras.

D-Link has i28 private protocol with us....

Qihan has i36 private protocol...

XMEYE has i12 private protocol...

All camera must be Onvif, anyway, RTSP does not support motion detection.

Wansview is not in our partner list, If it is standard Onvif, then no problem on our NVR. But it seems they have their own standard too.

Hi Mike,

I've spent a lot of time and after looking at your answers I think I'm close to succeed. I'm trying to get Grandstream working with Video Motion.

Can you please let me know where can I get the protocol i19 and how do I upload to the NVR?

Thanks

Henry

Hi everyone, my name is Frank and I'm really new to this forum, since this is my first post

Premise: I've read all 41 pages (damn, you write a lot guys ) of this thread, I downloaded and tried everything, a couple of guys posted a similar problem to mine, but it hasn't been resolved yet (nor someone replied to those poor guys).

I had a similar problem which I resolved with telnet and a USB stick (8GB pen drive, it worked perfectly).

The problem:

I bought 2 Super Mini NVR 4ch, one unbranded (which we'll call "black") and one branded ESCAM (which we'll call white). Both look to have the same precise software (V4.0, 2014-04-17), except the boot splash screen, but both had the same problem.

The "black":

When I first opened the "black", it seemed to worked fine, but the hard drive (I have 2 perfectly working 2.5HDD used with 3 different USB to SATA adapters all perfectly working) when plugged in started to make "weird" noises, like if there was something wrong with the controller or the power of the NVR who wasn't able to boot it. I've tried everything, change usb port, plug the HDD before the boot etc, nothing, and obviously the HDD wasn't detected. So after a research on this forum I've been able to put (directly ) the lastest firmware (24-1-2015) on a usb stick, opened telnet and made the update, now the "black" is perfectly working.

The "white":

The white branded ESCAM worked perfectly since when I booted it the first time, but after a couple of weeks (I turned it on many times in these weeks, but it didn't work at all, I just made some practice) it suddently stopped working! Without a reason, both USB ports looks dead, no sign of life, the mouse is stuck in the left-upper corner and I can't move it, but I can see its red led light, I can "boot" the hard drive (I can hear it running) but it isn't detected (using IE11 interface).

I tried to log in using telnet, I inserted the USB stick and it wasn't detected (using lsusb), #fdisk -l showed nothing, #ls showed just some files in the NVR, #mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/ gave me an error (no such file or directory), #mount /proc/bus/usb /mnt/ worked but it gave me no files or directories in the flashing steps.

So now I'm basically stuck, update through the IE interface does not work (always file error message, and I can only navigate into my Desktop root directory, even if I plug in a stick or an hard drive), I tried to upload the firmware using the XRN0808E tool, it can login but it suddently fails to upload the file.

I've already contacted the customer support of ESCAM which gave me 2 files and instructions to put them in a USB, stick "update.3520d.a.fls.all.nor.4_0_2014103009.mini.4ch.update" and "dvr.update" (about 84KB), but mr. Joe seems to not understand the fact that I cannot use nor the monitor interface (stuck at the 4 cams squares since I can't do nothing) nor that I can't plug in a USB stick nor a USB HDD.

Obviously I tried the boot USB stick too, but as I said the USB ports are both totally dead it seems...

Conclusions:

So finally, it looks like my only remaining option is to use telnet via ethernet (directly plugged into my pc, but if necessary I can use a router too) and send files to the NVR. Since I've not read about this kind of solution, I wish that someone (maybe Mr. Mike Mahon) could help me on finding a proper one to my hopeless problem.

Cheers from Italy

PS:

I noticed that if the HDD is plugged in while the NVR is already on, it won't detect it.

PPS: A tip, why don't we resume all the useful information in this topic and stick it into a single big post at the top of the thread?

Yo Frank, that is what we define "completely bricked" in factory. It happens when the updated file is not correctly written onto NVR flash, maybe USB plugged out too soon, maybe power is not stable at that time. but if it happened then NVR can only be returned to factory to refresh program with the machines in factory. I believe the time stamp in your NVR stopped moving?

Frank, you might not be as stuck as it seems.

When I was in this state I was able to update the firmware by formatting a hard drive fat16 and putting the update files on it and connecting it with eSATA.

I was then able to connect with telnet and update the machine. After this the USB is still dead so I could not configure the NVR but I was able to log in through Internet Explorer on a computer and connect the cameras. I can record on the eSATA drive with all 4 cameras, but with HDMI connected to a TV only 2 cameras are displaying and I am unable to use the mouse to configure the device (since the USB has power but is not working with any devices.)

To me that means it's not "completely bricked" and it seems almost 100% that it is just a messed up line of code missing somewhere and nothing you would need to do with a machine in your factory.

Mike, Can you please be a little more detailed about what you would actually do if you got one of these back "completely bricked" units at the factory? I feel like it is just not loading the USB driver at all, but I'm not great at linux so I'm still trying to figure that out.

Hi

I have this problem (sorry, my English is so bad):

I update by usb the mini nvr and now don't works, only i can do is start the main page and i can't move the mouse.

I can access to nvr by telnet, and move inside by telnet., thats all.

What can i do?

i tried to update by USB but is impossible. Start the main page and anything else.

Help, please!!!

I got my mini NVR from Mike a week or so ago (I was out of town so I am not sure exactly when it arrived. So far, it's a thing of beauty; I'm very impressed. I've tested with a couple of cameras and it seems to work quite well. I'm still setting up, though, and have questions.

To start, I can't seem to change the admin password from the default of blank. Every time I go through the process the permissions for admin change to guest and there's no way to change it back; the drop down for permissions is disabled and I can't set it back so I end up cancelling before I lock myself out.

Usually, with similar devices when I can, I create a new account with admin permissions and disable the original. I tried creating a new account but Operator was the max permissions allowed; I can't create a new administrator.

Any help on the permissions issues?

Hiya,

Wondering if someone can help with skipped frames on record/playback.

I have a n6200 16ch version, with 2 hikvision cameras. I applied the latest firmware mentioned in this forum 2015-01-24 and installed a WD blue 1TB hard disk. Both cameras are running @ 1080p/25FPS

Network perspective, the two camera's are running off a GB PoE switch, the NVR was plugged into a cisco switch 100MB, I've moved the nvr to run off the gig switch also in an attempt to resolve. I've also checked the nvr channel settings to make sure frame rate etc are set just like the camera is - none of this has made any improvements.

I don't suspect the drive at this point, it was brand new. I also have a synology 2 bay with some smaller WD blue drives and had no issues at all when the cameras where using that for storage before the NVR came into picture.

In every capture it seems that I get skipped frames when I watch the timer on playback it is a bit random but as an example, 1,2,3,4(pause), 6,7,8 - quite a few times cars/people vanish which is a bit annoying.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Hi.

Is there any way to setup startup screen?

I would like to have 4 cameras on initial screen (after startup/reboot) instead of 9 cameras mode. How I do this?

My NVR is on my roof and programed to reboot every day, so I can't use mouse to manually switch to 4 channels screen.

I'm using FW 20150115

tks.

hi,

I have V4.0[20150124] firmware . my question how can I save video to my computer over webpage, or video monitor software. If I remember well I could do it with earlier version firmware.

I have Mini NVR and everything seems to work fine except for the fact that I am unable to record anything. When I insert the external HDD and go to Settings and in HDD area it is not detecting any HDD. Similarly I tried attaching ESATA drive with an external enclosure and gave it power separately like i did with external USB HDD but that didn't work either. Am I doing something wrong? I would highly appreciate if someone could help me with this problem. Thanks

Wow, thanx mirekf80! Is this official firmware? Any information on the version history or what's changed in general?

Hi. Yes, dropbox link is taken from offical ESCAM site: http://www.escam.cn/en/list-8-63.html (sometimes it is not functional). But there is not any change list

Yes, dropbox link is taken from offical ESCAM site: http://www.escam.cn/en/list-8-63.html (sometimes it is not functional). But there is not any change list

Indeed, sometimes it's not functional. I've visited their page a number of times but never seen anything on that particular page; I guess their support page is still under development... Thanx for the update!

Hi, lots of information in here !

What i coud not find, scanning all the posts is if there are some sort of alternatie firmware's out there.

I would like to embed the stream of 1 of my camera's in a website (domoticz / frontpage). Onvif camera's i have do support rtsp that i can connect to using vlc plugin. This plugin is not supported on my android tablets in combination with image on website. .

I am looking for a way to use the NVR to serve the image that want, nothing i the original firmware so searching for alternatives.

thanks.

My nvr has finally arrived. I got everything going great until I tried to connect my USB hard disk. All of a sudden the USB ports have stopped working. They still supply power but no longer recognise any device including the mouse. I cannot mount USB through telnet and reinstalling the firmware through the web browser hasn't worked.

Anyone have any ideas. It feels to me that there is a bug somewhere in the USB driver, anyone know a way around this? Thanks

Hello everybody from Czech republic!

I have two problems with the Super Mini NVR ESCAM K108 8CH. I bought this product from eud.dx.com with two IP Cameras - ESCAM QD300 and HOSAFE 2MB2G.

1st:

The NVR with the ESCAM camera works fine, but with the HOSAFE camera (ONVIF 2.2) motion detect does not work. I have tried all possible settings with no success. I have used other software (CMS 2.0, Camera web front) and motion detection works fine. Do you have experience with this camera?

2nd:

When I have connected the external USB 3.0 HDD box and press power on, the NVR boot up and everything works fine. But when I make reboot from menu, the NVR cannot boot - still restarts and I have to press power button OFF and ON again. Do you have experience with this behavior?

NVR K108 firmware version V4.0 (20150124).

HOSAFE camera 2MB2G firmware version V2.2.1622.

Thanks.

Mirek

Hi everybody from Slovakia.

I have Mini NVR 2 9 channel n6200-9eh. I have SMAR cameras, software looks like ESCAM/Xmeye cameras, onvif manager says 2.04 onvif version. Motion detection working with onvif protocol but every restart of camera set motion detection area and sensitivity to default values. When NVR is disconnected it keeps setings after restart. When I try to set motion detection from NVR menu, it always return to original values when I exit motion detection menu. So I have to set it right from cameras web interface. I tried to update i12 protocol (from rusian website), it replaced onvif in NVR, cameras were searched by NVR but no picture. So I went back to original software and trying everything...I would like to control cameras from NVR or not to lost settings after restart with NVR connected. Any idea?

Hi All,

I'm in the UK and I have an 8 port mini NVR on it's way but need to sort out what cameras will work best with it.

I was looking at the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras has anyone used these on this NVR?

I do need to have motion detection working.

I ahve read through the thread and I know that earlier posts suggested the HIKVision didn't work originally but that later cameras may do.

I don't currently have any cameras so open to suggestions as to what works well.

Cheers

Dave

Hi.

The hikvision works well with this nvr. The motion detection and all works perfect:)

Have Foscams and hiks. The hikvision is a perfect match with this nvr.

Hi.

The hikvision works well with this nvr. The motion detection and all works perfect:)

Have Foscams and hiks. The hikvision is a perfect match with this nvr.

Which models of Hikvison and Foscams do You use?

Foscams: 9831 & 9821 v1

Hikvision: DS-2CD2032

The Foscams are useless due worthless and bad firmware.wont ever buy a Foscams again.

Foscams: 9831 & 9821 v1

Hikvision: DS-2CD2032

The Foscams are useless due worthless and bad firmware.wont ever buy a Foscams again.

When a look up Hikvision, the price is about USD80. But in our country (from official seller) is price 2 times expensive. So is It original from Hikvision?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-wholesale-Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-bullet-Camera-CCTV-camera-IP-camera-nimi-network-camera/1010031_1317354518.html

Or It does not matter?

Thanks for replying Minglarn, I'll pick one of those Hikvisions up to try with it.

Anyone else have any other camera recommendations?