reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Mike seems to have disappeared. I hope he is able to come back; this seems like a great NVR but the manuals and documentation are not great so it takes more support. Of course, if they'd publish better manuals and a good help website it would be easy.

This is just one more reason why I recommend that most people do not do their own video system. I'm sure I'll get the thing working but those are delays that leave gaps in my security. Long gaps in security are the biggest problem with DIY security or surveillance systems.

Thanks for replying Minglarn, I'll pick one of those Hikvisions up to try with it.

Anyone else have any other camera recommendations?

I use cheap chinese cameras with my 8ch mini nvr, and works pretty well...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCTV-720P-1-0MP-Day-Night-Vision-IP-Network-Security-Bullet-Mini-Camera-Outdoor-/161488720453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25997a5245

only problem was restarting mini nvr from unknown reason... for example

2 2015-04-06 14:23:36 Exception Video Lost 1  
3 2015-04-06 14:23:36 Operation Power On 1  
4 2015-04-06 14:23:36 Operation Abnormal Shutdown 1  
5 2015-04-06 14:23:36 Operation Remote Login 1 127.0.0.1 
6 2015-04-06 14:22:47 Alarm Motion Detection Begin 2  
7 2015-04-06 14:22:42 Alarm Motion Detection End 2  
8 2015-04-06 14:21:56 Alarm Motion Detection Begin 2  
9 2015-04-06 14:21:46 Alarm Motion Detection End 2  
10 2015-04-06 14:21:34 Alarm Motion Detection Begin 2  
11 2015-04-06 14:21:21 Alarm Motion Detection End 2 

"

Maybe it's problem in power supply? I use external hdd connected to NVRs usb port.

Thanks mirko ,

Does that camera (Item specifics show that to be branded as an Anran C130D1) work with motion detection ?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks mirko ,

Does that camera (Item specifics show that to be branded as an Anran C130D1) work with motion detection ?

Cheers

Dave

motion detection works well

you only need to "install" i12 protocol

Bumping the thread.

I've recently bought the N6200-16channel EH version also called mini 2.

I'm not able to update the nvr with new protocols. wrong update file is only error code I get from the nvr.

Is there a another way to update the nvr?

Bumping the thread.

I've recently bought the N6200-16channel EH version also called mini 2.

I'm not able to update the nvr with new protocols. wrong update file is only error code I get from the nvr.

Is there a another way to update the nvr?

Hi. I have the same NVR but 9channel EH version. You have to update this NVR with updated (June or July i am not sure) i12 update file. But this update file replace onvif protocol in NVR. After update my NVR found my cameras as i12 (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/720P-IP-CameraSAE50-NX4C100B/1865455467.html) but i had no picture. I found this webpage (http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html) which saved my NVR and downloaded my original firmware. So I have picture back but I cant set motion detection from NVR and after camera restart settings of motion detection area and sensitivity come back to default values. Same thing happens with dahuas i have. I am thinking about flashing Escam firmware (Escam qd500) to my cameras. But it is risky and have no choice to flash original firmware back because i dont have update file.

Which camera is best compatible with this Mini NVR II? or Is Escam motion detection working on this NVR? Escam has new firmware from January 2015 on their site.

http://uloz.to/xMVn7bXT/mini-nvr-ii-protocols-zip - i12, i13, i18 and older than actual onvif protocol (just picture working with my cameras). That is all I found working with Mini NVR II EH version

Try and share your experiences.

Thanks!

I've the latest firmware. Did try your protocols but it still says invalid upgrade, upgrade fails...

Try this:

1. Turn off NVR and disconnect from net

2. Insert usb flashdrive

3. turn on NVR

4. update

Every new update repeat from step 1

Thanks for the responses guys,

What exactly is involved in installing the special ix protocols, there are various ones for different camera manufacturers. Where do you get the I protocol firmware (eg i12 etc) from?

Cheers

Dave

I am trying to view my hosafe fe130 fisheye digital products camera on my new mini nvr but I keep getting video exception in my alarm. I've tried changing the resolution under video parameters but have not been able to get it to work. Any ideas? It finds it when I search for onvif no problem.

I am trying to view my hosafe fe130 fisheye digital products camera on my new mini nvr but I keep getting video exception in my alarm. I've tried changing the resolution under video parameters but have not been able to get it to work. Any ideas? It finds it when I search for onvif no problem.

Try to change working mode of your NVR from the first page of settings. Something like 8x 1280x720.....and restart

Try this:

1. Turn off NVR and disconnect from net

2. Insert usb flashdrive

3. turn on NVR

4. update

Every new update repeat from step 1

Must be something strange with my NVR-2 ...

Tried your way but still says upgrade fail. Have one more option to go... will try to use my USB harddrive instead of my usb flash.

Try to change working mode of your NVR from the first page of settings. Something like 8x 1280x720.....and restart

Thanks I'll give this a try. Does it matter if my cameras are different resolutions? It was already set to 1280x720. I'll try the different settings when I get a chance, maybe it'll somehow work.

I meant to say hosafe fe130 fisheye digital PTZ - not my iphone auto correct ESL

Tried changing the screen settings but still cannot access my fisheye camera.

Two of my working cameras are 1280x720 but the fisheye says it is 1280x1024. Is this possibly causing my issue? I recall reading that they need to be the same resolution on one of the many pages in this thread.

Tried changing the screen settings but still cannot access my fisheye camera.

Two of my working cameras are 1280x720 but the fisheye says it is 1280x1024. Is this possibly causing my issue? I recall reading that they need to be the same resolution on one of the many pages in this thread.

I got 2 720p no name and 1 dahua 1080p and they are working together in 1080p mode of nvr

Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you to those that responded to my posts and also to all of you who contributed to this topic, It has been invaluable in getting my NVR working.

My Mini NVR (8 camera Version) arrived yesterday and after a bit of faffing last night I have my one and only camera up and running connected using ONVIF.

Updating

The NVR came loaded with early 20131211 firmware and I was able to update it directly to correct 20150124 version for my box from here http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html which was the

(Mini1 N6200-4E / N6200-8E)

8CH_Mini_NVR_V4.0_20150124_Firmware

Update was done by downloading the 20150124 version to a FAT32 formatted USB plugging into one of the usb ports and updating using the mouse and screen plugged directly into the NVR (not via the web pages). By going to

Settings\system\Update browse to the update file and click ok

NVR Networking

I wanted to use static IP address on my internal network

I went into Settings\Network\Network Settings

And turned DHCP off

and configured a static IP in my 192.168.1.X range, Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 , default Gateway etc

I also set the multicast address to 239.255.255.0

Camera

HIKVision DS-2CD2032-1

Firmware Version V5.2.5 build 141201

Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

I had already configured the camera networking correctly for my network using a static IP.

On the camera I logged in and went to

Configuration\Network

And ticked the box "Enable Multicast Discovery"

I rebooted both the Camera and the NVR at this point.

Configuring the camera:

On the NVR I went to:

IPChannel Settings\Manual

made sure onvif was selected (tick boxes under the search button) then pressed search

My camera was detected and I was able to select it as Channel 1 on the NVR.

So my HIKVision DS-2CD2032-1 is configured in my NVR as:

Protocol:ONVIF

Address: [iP address of camera]

Device Info: DS-2CD2032-1

Port:80

StreamType:MainStream

NetworkType:TCP

PlayMode:Smooth

UserName: [username of the camera]

Password: [password of the camera]

After doing that via the mouse and screen plugged into the NVR I was not seeing any picture.

I logged onto the NVR via it's web interface and I could see the picture OK.

However,To get the picture to show in a screen plugged directly in the NVR I had to make sure that my stream and substream settings matched on my camera and NVR and the substream setting I had to change from 704*576 to 640*480

In my Camera I went to :

Configuration\VideoAudio

For

StreamType=MainStream I set Resolution:1920*1080P

StreamType=SubStream I set Resolution:640*480

on My NVR

Settings\Device\DeviceInfo\StreamType

and select from the drop down "8x[1920*1080]+sub[640*480]+2Ref.+8Sub_Play /1Main_Play"

Allowed the NVR to reboot and Pictures via a screen plugged directly into the NVR worked ok.

(this might be why some people say to display correctly all cameras need to be set to the same resolution for main and substream and that needs to match the settings on the NVR

Motion detection appears to work ok so far. I have a 500GB Hard drive plugged into the USB using one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311319213900?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So far it's working ok with a 500GB Seagate Momentus 7200 Hard disk.

A couple of times when I have rebooted the NVR has hung at the first splash screen, unplugging the hard disk or waiting for a few minutes and power off/on of the NVR seems to do the trick.

One thing I did notice is that while trying to get the cams to display on the screen plugged directly into the NVR is that the web interface appears to be much more flexible with regard to display resolution. At one point I had my Cameras main stream resolution set to 2048*1536 and while that isn't handled by the screen plugged directly into the NVR I could view it via the web page (although I think bandwidth was becoming an issue as it was getting quite jerky so I dropped it back down).

I hope others find this useful.

Great site and once again thanks to all who have contributed, made setting this up so much easier.

mininvr_.jpg.0eeeccf4a4ace541e1ffbcb3519be495.jpg

Hi all,

What are people using for viewing this NVR from a mobile (android in my case)

I have tried goolink but I want something I can view & manage over the internet.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

I have my 8ch mini NVR v1 for a week. It is not branded. I could not start the motion detection at first. My cameras are also not branded (model says eye03S). I updated the firmware of the NVR to V4.0[20150124] (seller send me the new firmware). There was not change except that the ActiveX web UI has a lot of bugs now (messed menues, reboots if I go into Local Storage settings).

After I played two day and read a lot about the problem I found out that if I set up motion detection from the cameras and choose the detection area from there the NVR finally started detecting and recording. The problem is that it never stops. Motion detection is active even if there is no more movement. I have to restart the camera so that it stops recording. After that it will start recording at the first movement again (as expected).

My question is if someone had such an issue? Also do you think the problem is in the NVR or in the cameras.

Thanks

I'm about to ditch my fisheye camera. I can't even get it to show up on the NVR using RTSP for some reason. I can use the RTSP stream in VLC with no issue. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I've tried using several different resolutions. Do some cameras just not work?

Well...I updated my SMAR cameras with escam firmware - no problem. But last thing I would like to solve is: How to force my NVR not to change my motion detection settings (area and sensitivity) to default after camera restart. I already tried login NVR with no-admin account created in camera, but it still control camera. No idea here?

Have you tried changing the screen layout to 4,6 or 8 box view?

Yeah I tried all of the different settings. Still get either loss of signal or video exception.

This camera is going to kill me. I can get it working fine in Blue Iris, VLC RTSP stream but does not show up in the NVR. I do see the traffic stream incrementing in the NVR status, just getting video exception. Not sure what to do with it.