reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Hi,

I upgraded firmware on my Escam K108 and totally bricked and now no output on hdmi display. I tried telnet method an now I can telnet to nvr, but stiil can't see anything on my TV. Usb recovery method not help me. I think , that I have after telnet method wrong u-boot and another mtd's.

Can someone send mtd's from working K108 ( mtd0,1,2,3,4,5). ( cut /dev/mtd0 >/tmp/mtd0 ..) I'm planning upgrade my k108 with flashcp command.

in advance grateful,

NVR is alive again, thanks to support@escam.com!

Edited by Guest

Hello, new here to this forum.

I have the Mini NVR2 CT-n6200-8EL with the latest firmware (no name version). I have the same problem as all other in this forum, no recording on motion.

The Cameras I have tested are : Escam QD100, Axis q1602 and Dlink DCS-2210.

None of them work with motion to record.

I have set them up both using their own webgui and using the NVR gui. Nothing gets them to record the video. They do however record by manual or schedule.

First I thought that the NVR did not receive the Motion signal from the cameras, but if I set the motion to trigger the buzzer in the NVR it sounds the alarm (quite loud also..). So the NVR gets the motion signal from the cameras but does not record when triggered.

I think that the software bug in the NVR is handling the motion signal.

@Kurben

Motion detection only works if the camera supports it directly as it's not a feature of the NVR itself but the NVR can take advantage of the motion detection capabilities of a suitable camera. If the camera is ONVIf Compliant and has motion detection built in I believe it should work.

If you look back through the posts you can see many posts from Mike Mahon saying that

they created a lot of private protocols to provide interoperability with different Camera vendors (even ones who may appear to support ONVIF but impliment there own version).

Apparently HIKVision Cameras originally did not work using ONVIF but later firmware did (and does work for me) so presumably HIKVision now follow the ONVIF protocol more closely. But other vendors may not.

I can't remember where I got this list from when i was googling a few weeks back, It's of special protocols vs camera vendors (your cameras may be a rebrand of one of these)

I8- AEVISION/ Wision/ Devele/ HYvision

I8S- Tong Fang( TFCC)

I9- Topsee

I11- CNB

I12- XM( Jufeng)

I13- Hichip

I15- Launch

I16- RONG TIAN SHI(RTS)

I19- Grandstream

I20- HANY I21M,

I21H- Apexis

I22- Xin Hai

I23- KT&C

I24- JXJ

I25- RDS

I26- Safer

I27- Polytims

I28- DLINK

I29- Ecsino

I33- Dahua

Sadly not all protocols are loaded in the standard firmware and i'm not sure where you can download them from if you don't have them already.

@dgmorr

Make sure that both your Main stream and sub stream of the camera both match that set in the NVR

Settings\Device\DeviceInfo\StreamType

By adjusting on the Camera and/or the NVR and reboot both devices. This is what was stopping video for me (and it was only the sub stream that was mismatched). (Reboot both camera and NVR if you make changes)

Also try viewing via the web page as well as until I matched the mainstream&substream of the camera to the NVR settings I found I could view the video via the web page but not on a screen plugged directly into the box.

not disappeared, mate, just have been bloody busy after 3 weeks Chinese New Year Holiday, Everyone in Factory is crazily busy and I think we still need another month to get everything back to normal.

By the way, how many of you guys still have the dead NVR, USB Port not working (usually caused by updating the wrong firmware or updating with wrong methods or sometimes other reasons)

Follow me here to solve it on your own. Requires a little bit soldering knowledge and it must be done very carefully.

remove the chip in the red circle.

310886365_removethisic.jpg.2dd329136aa06bc16579738e98d719cf.jpg

Hello all,

I have been reading this post and am in need of some help. I just got my NVR and tried to setup my Vivotek cameras. One it the FD8134V, the other is the IP8332. They are both seen by the NVR as ONVIF. I can get both of them to load pictures using RTSP. I am unable to get motion detection working.

I have it setup on my cameras but am unclear as how to make the NVR see the motion trigger of the cameras. Any help would be great.

SPECS of NVR....

Model N6200-8E

Master Version V4.0(20140417)

Hardware Version V4.0

I have attached pictures of the different screens

20150414_024742.jpg.d575d73cfb116ee8d5741a6685cb7b09.jpg

20150414_024801.jpg.3a66db62e726782a2cfec7638f13ce17.jpg

20150414_024831.jpg.52496ac62108eb7f7c89456c80b735ed.jpg

@dgmorr

Make sure that both your Main stream and sub stream of the camera both match that set in the NVR

Settings\Device\DeviceInfo\StreamType

By adjusting on the Camera and/or the NVR and reboot both devices. This is what was stopping video for me (and it was only the sub stream that was mismatched). (Reboot both camera and NVR if you make changes)

Also try viewing via the web page as well as until I matched the mainstream&substream of the camera to the NVR settings I found I could view the video via the web page but not on a screen plugged directly into the box.

Thanks, I'll give it another try today. I don't see any of the channels via the NVR web page unless I'm in a settings screen and it has a mini preview.

Glad you're back Mike, because I want to order a couple more of these.

I'll give you time to catch up before worrying more about the process to change the admin password.

I do have a suggestion, if you have any input or influence with the designers and factory: it would be completely awesome of this recorder had a VESA mount so it could be mounted directly to the back of a video monitor. My system will all be in place before this could be in production but it would be a huge selling point, I think.

Dale

A suggestion for the admins/owners of the site: this mini-nvr section is probably going to keep growing like crazy. How about a sub-forum just for these? Would that be possible?

@Kurben

Motion detection only works if the camera supports it directly as it's not a feature of the NVR itself but the NVR can take advantage of the motion detection capabilities of a suitable camera. If the camera is ONVIf Compliant and has motion detection built in I believe it should work.

If you look back through the posts you can see many posts from Mike Mahon saying that

they created a lot of private protocols to provide interoperability with different Camera vendors (even ones who may appear to support ONVIF but impliment there own version).

Apparently HIKVision Cameras originally did not work using ONVIF but later firmware did (and does work for me) so presumably HIKVision now follow the ONVIF protocol more closely. But other vendors may not.

I can't remember where I got this list from when i was googling a few weeks back, It's of special protocols vs camera vendors (your cameras may be a rebrand of one of these)

I8- AEVISION/ Wision/ Devele/ HYvision

I8S- Tong Fang( TFCC)

I9- Topsee

I11- CNB

I12- XM( Jufeng)

I13- Hichip

I15- Launch

I16- RONG TIAN SHI(RTS)

I19- Grandstream

I20- HANY I21M,

I21H- Apexis

I22- Xin Hai

I23- KT&C

I24- JXJ

I25- RDS

I26- Safer

I27- Polytims

I28- DLINK

I29- Ecsino

I33- Dahua

Sadly not all protocols are loaded in the standard firmware and i'm not sure where you can download them from if you don't have them already.

Hello Redders.

I am now sure that the NVR is the problem and not the cameras. I have tested with several ( 9 different ) ONVIF cameras from Axis and Bosch and none works with the motion detection and triggers the NVR to record, only to sound the alarm via the buzzer.

I also tested a PC based software that uses the motion detection in ONVIF protocol (Mile,sight VMS) and that works like a charm with all the cameras. Even the cheap Escam.

So I am shure that the problem is in the NVR and not the cameras.

Does any body know who and what company it is that actually develop the firmware to these NVR units? I would like to get in contact with them to help them beta test and find the recording bug using motion trigger.

N6200-4E won't record video or take snapshtos from this piece of china

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271770949404?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

error messages vary from silence (motion detection mode) to "this channel does not support capture" and "file exists or other caused error".

the camera is set to detect motion over whole image it gets, sensitivity max. nvr is the same.

my guess is that the camera does not match onvif standard.

could there be better guesses?

N6200-4E won't record video or take snapshtos from this piece of china

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271770949404?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

error messages vary from silence (motion detection mode) to "this channel does not support capture" and "file exists or other caused error".

the camera is set to detect motion over whole image it gets, sensitivity max. nvr is the same.

my guess is that the camera does not match onvif standard.

could there be better guesses?

for checking onvif compatibility use onvif device manager http://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/

ps

be aware... If you disable cloud option, the mini nvr still trying to reach the server.

miniNVRcloud.png.f93257ace0ce5d088987626b580e522b.png

be aware... If you disable cloud option, the mini nvr still trying to reach the server.

wow is this a mikrotik tool?

btw, thanks for the light on further actions!

Hi,

here is last FW for QD cams: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g36f3k2e8lbvncc/QD%20IPC%20Firmware.zip?dl=0

M.

protocolo i13 - salvou minhas dificuldades, faltava o i13 para minha camera conseguir fazer comunicação com o NVR

Meus modelos:

camera - easyn 1bf

NVR - N6200-4E

fiz a leitura de todas as 53 paginas desse forum, para conseguir estabilizar minha camera, com esse protocolo i13 e tambem com a firmware 20150124-4E

Obrigado a todos

not disappeared, mate, just have been bloody busy after 3 weeks Chinese New Year Holiday, Everyone in Factory is crazily busy and I think we still need another month to get everything back to normal.

By the way, how many of you guys still have the dead NVR, USB Port not working (usually caused by updating the wrong firmware or updating with wrong methods or sometimes other reasons)

Follow me here to solve it on your own. Requires a little bit soldering knowledge and it must be done very carefully.

remove the chip in the red circle.

What do we do after removing the chip?

Mike Mahon, please help me with this:

The script in email setting of NVR config page allow only .COM and .CN TLDs for SMTP server. How can I overcome this? My SMTP server has Slovak TLD ".SK", but it should accept any TLD for SMTP server:

function CheckPop3orSMTP(str) {

if (CheckStr(str)) {
	return false;
}
var errStr = arguments[1] || '';
var reg = /^(smtp|pop3).[a-zA-Z0-9]+\.(com|cn)$/;

if(str.length > 0 && !reg.test(str)){
	alert(errStr + ' '+g_illegal);
	return false;
}
return true;
}

Ok, I found the solution that worked for me. You need connect to miniNVR using telnet protocol. I used putty freeware.

Username: root Password: antslq

Using command "ls" and "cd" find the location of

\web\www\public\js\

There are JavaScripts of web-interface. We need to edit the file check.js using command:

vi check.js

Be careful Do not do any step of this tutorial, if you never used VI linux text editor. You will be very confused and disappointed. It hasn't any menu, buttons, e.t.c, but it is very light and usefull after some learning and practise... To set the wanted TLDs you need to edit this part of code (com|cn) in line:

var reg = /^(smtp|pop3).[a-zA-Z0-9]+\.(com|cn)$/;

I changed it to (com|sk) for me. Do not forget to save the file using

ESC 
:qw

command.

After this, it is nessesery to clean all you cache in web-browser, and maybe reboot the mini NWR.

(sorry for my terrible english, but maybe you will understand it, if you really want to, or need to )

Hi kurben,

Try going to Settings\Channel\Motion

Select your camera in the channel drop down,

tick the Enable Motion check box,

Set the area / sensitivity / arm schedule (I'm assuming you have because you can get the alarm).

But have you gone into the Linkage setting and make sure the camera is set in there to trigger the recording?

I have two problems

1. NVR 6200 4E I want to connect a Hanspree touchscreen however the calibration seems not good and the click event seems not to work. Anyone has an idea??

2. NVR 6200 8E brand new does not boot. It is stuck at the blue NETWORK VIDEO RECORDER Screen. Anyone has an idea how to fix. The device does nothing I put the restore firmware on USB. http://www.urcctvstore.com/Reboot_tool.jpg. No menu appear.

Hi, guys. Sorry for the noobie's question and bad English.

For N6200-4EH, N6200-9EH and N6200-16EH firmware kind of like to be the same (even in the "download" chapter of the manufacturer's website postulated the same firmware for all three models). And does this mean that they have the same hardware and can flash one device to another? Or maybe, just N6200-9EH and N6200-16EH can be converted into each other (number of supported 3mp and 5mp cameras is identical in this 2 models). If yes how to convert N6200-9EH to N6200-16EH ?

Thanks for your answers

The hardware is different internally so you cant change from 2-5mp etc

Thanks for the answer. As I understood problem with USB is very common in mini NVR version 1. Is there any other way (except unsoldering chip from mainboard) to solve the problem with USB? Has NVR v2 same problem?

Thanks. Sorry for the bad English

When I backup video onto usb to play on my computer it is always playing at fast speed, do you know why that is?
Is it possible to send me a short video clip?

I have the 8ch Super Mini NVR (N6200-8E) with 2 x ELP 1080p camera+audio that records onto 1TB 3.5" USB drive on powered hub.

For the most part it's pretty good.

I "occasionally" have the same problem as the above.

Initially I thought that the problem was because I was recording continuous at 10fps.

The description of the backup AVI file says it is 25fps?!? how can this be with 10fps camera footage!

So in a 1 minute backup I would get ~25secs of video that was video played fast and always 60secs of audio at normal speed where the video just shows a "still" of the last frame for the remainder of the audio.

So I upped one camera to 25fps.

This seems to fix the problem "some" of the time.

So some of the backups would be fine where audio and video were in sync and went for the correct time at the correct speed.

Other backups I found the video was fast as before with normal speed audio.

I'm sure the Police don't appreciate me handing them a video that looks like an extract from the Benny hill show

Currently my NVR has 20140417 firmware

I don't know if this issue is actually resolved in firmware since nothing further was said from Mike or GhostRider.

To me if I record 10fps the AVI file should come out 10fps.

I did try post separating the streams, slowing the video then recombining them but that is a LOT of work!

Another thing that annoys me is there is no Audio out.

I still wonder why there is a volume adjust bar and a mute button for the playback screen

I have the NVR connected to my TV via HDMI.

I can connect a PC to the TV via HDMI and audio works fine.

So that eliminates the TV, connector and cable - leaving - you guessed it the NVR!

Where does the audio come out???

Hello friends. I have one question. The application Goolink can see video recordings made on the HDD? Or you can use only the live stream? Otherwise it works perfectly. I have a single camera with ONVIF protocol. It works OK, can see live, recording the movement works, but Goolink application does not find recorded video on HDD. It's ok? remote playback actually works, or is there a problem with me? Iven last update of Goolink, remote playback still not work. Select channel, press search, and FAIL message appear. Please, I need an answer for this problem. In rest, its OK for me.