reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Hello

I have recently purchased one of these nvr's under the name Ctronics model is

CT-n6200-9eh and I was wondering if by default once the hdd is full it will write over old video from the beginning?

Does it matter what firmware you are running or do they all behave this way?

one thing I did notice is the 5v/2a power does not have enough power to power an internal Sata drive.

Because the mini USB power port on my unit was defective upon arrival I have to power the unit through one of the regular USB ports.

the unit works fine this way albeit annoying...

Fortunately for me I had an old laptop power supply with a USB power port on it that I was able to utilize for this purpose.

Hi costinilie,

I have the same issue with Goolink in so much i get a "fail" message come up when i try to access recordings.

Anyone actually have it working?

I've dropped a question back to Goolink asking about it via the apps feedback option.

Cheers

Dave

Hello

I have recently purchased one of these nvr's under the name Ctronics model is

CT-n6200-9eh and I was wondering if by default once the hdd is full it will write over old video from the beginning?

Does it matter what firmware you are running or do they all behave this way?

i am pretty sure I read in earlier posts on this thread that the boxes will overwrite older recordings when the disk fills up. I cant remember if this was a feature that has always been on the box or was added as one of the firmware updates.

Okay, new unit, starting from scratch.

managed to update the firmware and it's showing V4.0[20150124] now.

I added i8, i9, i12, i13 and i18 (onvif is no longer listed) and now have several cameras that allow me to set the motion detection as i9 or i12, but also several others that do not show at all in the search.

I added a few with RTSP but even with that they do not show up on the monitor connected right to the DVR and certainly no motion detection.

What other protocols should I load to try and get these cameras working?

and why is there never an attachment on the email that the NVR sends no matter what options are checked?

and why can't I make it record all the time, but mark where it is motion detected? It doesn't seem to work that way.

I also have two cameras that will not do DHCP. When I try they just both keep reverting too 192.168.1.168 and causing IP collisions. They are the ones that right now I can connect to with RTSP but only if I manually set the IP on the cameras and unselect DHCP. If I try setting the DHCP server to hand out any other IP addresses to the cameras and set them to dhcp, they will both reset to 192.168.1.168 even though the DHCP will say different addresses. They do have different MAC addresses, so I don't think that is it. If I do not set anything on the DHCP server and set both cameras to DHCP the router will show only one of the cameras as 192.168.1.168 (whichever was plugged in first) and not notice the other one at all. but the web interface will flash from one to the other randomly.

How do you add i9 i10, etc manually?

Thanks

You must find the files and then load them as updates either through the web interface, or on a USB attached to the unit.

I have never found a list of them all, only the few that were referenced on here. Mostly from Russian websites selling versions of this system.

Hi there!

Got my mini NRV 8ch before few days, have setted up all with my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP HD 1080P IR PoE Indoor Outdoor CCTV Network IP Camera, also forwarded the NVR port to 37777 and the camera port to 40000, all works fine if I view the the NVR or the camera direct from the localhost, it shows all video etc, but the problem is there that I can't see the camera video via NVR remotely, I can log in in the NVR, even can change the camera settings, also contacts, bright, zoom etc, but just can't see the video, what am I missing?

Also if I view the camera remotely direct, then I see the video, just can't see the video remotely via NVR.

Hi,

Using escam branded 8 channel nvr.

Having failed to upgrade to the 20150124 firmware which left nvr hanging at flash screen i tried to revert to previous firmware via usb method, failed every time using the 8gb kingston usb drive that i always use for backing up clips from nvr.

Then dug up a cheap unbranded 8gb drive had knocking around at it worked 1st time. Both were reformatted as fat32 and as said above 1st drive worked fine with nvr previously and works ok now system is restored ?.

As for motion detection i have four escam qd520's that work great for he price but there is a firmware bug that they only work with motion on the preset settings. this was found when using laptop to record before the nvr. Any changes to motion settings are discarded as soon as you leave settings page ans as nvr uses those settings motion does work but very poorly.

hope this helps somebody

J.T

Hi there!

Got my mini NRV 8ch before few days, have setted up all with my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP HD 1080P IR PoE Indoor Outdoor CCTV Network IP Camera, also forwarded the NVR port to 37777 and the camera port to 40000, all works fine if I view the the NVR or the camera direct from the localhost, it shows all video etc, but the problem is there that I can't see the camera video via NVR remotely, I can log in in the NVR, even can change the camera settings, also contacts, bright, zoom etc, but just can't see the video, what am I missing?

Also if I view the camera remotely direct, then I see the video, just can't see the video remotely via NVR.

I have exactly the same problem. Can please some one answer what might be the problem? FW is 2015014 and device is NVR 4ch.

I have this kind of camera:http://www.ebay.com/itm/161499942578?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also have problem with recording when system detects motion. In NVR's UI the red info lights flashes but it doesn't record video to the HDD. HDD's status is okay and I can record scheduled record. Also when the red lights starts to flash, it won't stop when there is no motion anymore and I also have cleared the alarm.

Is there some kind of bug on the UI? When I change motion detection's or schedule record setups and save the changes and after that go back on the same settings, there are again default settings. For example the pull-down menu of copying days or sensitivy of motion detection. Can that might be the problem with recording to HDD?

Hi to all.

I have a N6200-8 mini NVR 8ch and it plays very well (with exception of the motion capture thing)

I just need one thing. I want to grab the stream of one channel of the NVR with VLC to a PC.

Any one knows what is the path?

In the settings there is the port 554 open so i guess it can happen.

My firmware is

Small_mini_8ch_0153_3520d_A_web_nor_2015-01-24.update

Thank you.

Hi to all.

I have a N6200-8 mini NVR 8ch and it plays very well (with exception of the motion capture thing)

I just need one thing. I want to grab the stream of one channel of the NVR with VLC to a PC.

Any one knows what is the path?

In the settings there is the port 554 open so i guess it can happen.

My firmware is

Small_mini_8ch_0153_3520d_A_web_nor_2015-01-24.update

Thank you.

I don't know about streaming one channel from the NVR to VLC since that is like a stream of a stream and it sounds ____ to me, but depending on your camera, they broadcast an RTSP stream or two.

One of my cameras uses rtsp://192.168.1.11/0 for the main and rtsp://192.168.1.11/1 for the secondary stream and another uses rtsp://192.168.1.21/live0.264 and rtsp://192.168.1.21/live1.264 respectively.

Load Onvif Device Manager onto your computer, see if your camera is listed and then select the link for live video in the program. At the bottom of the screen it should show you the RTSP link you would need to input into VLC.

If your camera isn't listed, then IDK.

I have already tried that my friend. It works until i open the web interface of the nvr. As soon i start the cams in the web interface, the vlc starts jitters, green frames, black screen etc. But in the nvr's web interface its all ok! Thats why i am trying to analyze the web interface to grab the stream from the flash page for the cam i need but i don't know web programing and i am going try & error. So far no luck.

Thats why i ask if someone knows the stream from the nvr, its easy with vlc.

Xkosta.

What camera are you using?. I grabbed the stream from all of my cameras for posting on a Web page. Acti, foscam, and vivotek cameras. I'm sure if you do a Google search you will find the right path to the stream you want.

Hi All,

Anyone using Tenvis IPRobot3 cams with the Mini NVR?

I bought one to use inside the house to keep an eye on the cats but when I try and set up motion detection the first time it triggers it keeps recording and doesn't stop until I go into alarms and turn defence off/on again

I'm assuming it's the Tenvis sending a permanent alarm to the NVR, anyone Any ideas how to work around it?

Xkosta.

What camera are you using?. I grabbed the stream from all of my cameras for posting on a Web page. Acti, foscam, and vivotek cameras. I'm sure if you do a Google search you will find the right path to the stream you want.

I use 6 x Suneyes SP-TM01EWP ONVIF cam's.

I have the right paths for the streams but when i start watching in the nvr, the stream in the vlc goes wild!

Hi there!

Do you use IE and ActiveX? I found out that in LAN video will show without ActiveX but if you are in WAN, you should use IE and ActiveX.

Has anyone experienced choppy video with this unit. I currently have a test setup with just the NVR connected to a gigabit poe switch and one 2 MP bullet cam. There is nothing else connected to this lan hence no extra lan traffic.

It has recorded smooth at times but the occasional choppiness is concerning to me.

with the max stream bit rate of 8Mb i have seen and the fact that the camera is connected at 100Mb to the switch and the NVR is connected to the switch at 1000Mb What gives??

Hi there!

Do you use IE and ActiveX? I found out that in LAN video will show without ActiveX but if you are in WAN, you should use IE and ActiveX.

Nice!! On IE all is okay, thanks a lot!

Myabe you have some ideas how I could run it on Chrome?

Hi,

I have my 8ch mini NVR v1 for a week. It is not branded. I could not start the motion detection at first. My cameras are also not branded (model says eye03S). I updated the firmware of the NVR to V4.0[20150124] (seller send me the new firmware). There was not change except that the ActiveX web UI has a lot of bugs now (messed menues, reboots if I go into Local Storage settings).

After I played two day and read a lot about the problem I found out that if I set up motion detection from the cameras and choose the detection area from there the NVR finally started detecting and recording. The problem is that it never stops. Motion detection is active even if there is no more movement. I have to restart the camera so that it stops recording. After that it will start recording at the first movement again (as expected).

My question is if someone had such an issue? Also do you think the problem is in the NVR or in the cameras.

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem. Can Mike or some one else say what cause this?

Edit: And now NVR doesn't detect HDD anymore. I have tried to format HDD and connect back several times. Ou gosh this NVR makes me crazy...

My Tenvis IPROBOT3 camera is doing that, once it has detected motion it won't stop recording in the NVR but my HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-1 cameras connected to the same NVR box all work perfectly.

Seems to be some interop problem with some cameras, I wonder if it's to do with the ONVIF version, the TENVIS IPROBOT is ONVIF 2.1 compliant, not sure what ONVIF version the HIKVisions are but they are far more advanced as a camera.

Other than the issue with recording on the IPROBOT camera I have to say this NVR has so far been working really well. There seem to be a few bugs in the web pages but other than that I have been very pleased with it. I do wonder if I should have bought the MINI NVR2 though, if only to house the Hard disk neatly...

I have the NVR2 and have the same problem as every one else here. As I posted in this thread previous I cant get the motion detection to work.

I have now found one camera (Generic china IPCAM 2.0 mp http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0MP-1080P-IP-Camera-P2P-Onvif-Outdoor-Security-Waterproof-4IR-Night-Vision-/151448649715 ) that works with motion and I also have discovered what makes this one work and not the others.

I installed the i12 protocol that was posted here in this thread previously, I then used that instead of the ONVIF when adding the camera. When I did a search for the camera the NVR found the camera and stated it could work with both ONVIF and I12. First I tested using the ONVIF protocol and could not get the motion to work, then tried the I12 protocol and then it worked.

I then compared all the settings with another camera (Escam QD100) that does not work with motion and ONVIF and found one possible reason.

Go to the menu option : Config -> Channel parameters -> Motion detection.

Here you select the channel of the camera that has the problem, when making changes here like specifying the area for the motion mask and setting the sensitivity and then save the settings. If you then select another channel and then go back to the camera where you made the changes all of the mask setting and sensitivity are lost.

When I do the same on the camera that works with the I12 protocol all changes are still there and saved correct.

It seems like the NVR can not save the motion mask settings for the ONVIF cameras? It says that save is successful but it does not store the changes.