vmgtlexi

Duplicate or Backup DVR Footage

Hi,

I have an Everfocus ECOR264-9X1 DVR. It has an eSATA port for an external hard drive, as well as a USB port.

Is there a way to automatically backup recorded video footage on an ongoing "overwrite" basis using an external hard drive?

I am just thinking of ways to have backups of video footage in the event my DVR is stolen during a break in. I realize the best protection is to have the DVR well-hidden, but appreciate other suggestions in addition to that strategy.

Thanks!

Don't you think that if someone steals your DVR, they will also steal the external HD? Or you think they will just leave it sitting there so you can have the recordings?

For extra protection, hide the real DVR, and leave in plain view a junk/non working DVR. Once a thief takes one unit, he won't think on the chance of other unit/s hidden somewhere.

For extra protection, hide the real DVR, and leave in plain view a junk/non working DVR. Once a thief takes one unit, he won't think on the chance of other unit/s hidden somewhere.

I don't know how many times I have read this statement here. I would have thought that anyone who installs a cctv system would have already made other inprovements to their home security. ie a quality security system. Once this is installed a burglar should not have the time to search your house to locate the DVR

Don't you think that if someone steals your DVR, they will also steal the external HD? Or you think they will just leave it sitting there so you can have the recordings?

My solution to this very problem is storing my backups offsite by way of dumping the motion dectection data on an FTP site. I am paying about 19 dollars a month for 300 GB of storage.

Regards,

Kurt