themoose00

Desperately need help with project

Sorry in advance for the giant wall of text. I am proficient in the ways of networking, phone, and running cables, but when it comes to AV and security systems I am a little out of my element.

I recently decided to take on a project against my better judgement. Let me just say that everything else is working beautifully. Full wi-fi access throughout the property, with seamless hand-off, network, dish, and phone access in every room of the house. I am on the last leg of the project, but we are nearing the deadline and I cannot seem to get the audio working.

Each room in the house has a functioning HDMI outlet that is working just fine. Everything including network, phone, dish, and hdmi, is tied into a telco enclosure and shelf in the garage. The farthest run in the house is about 100ft. From the garage to the barn is about 210ft give or take. Under the house for each of the farthest rooms is 2x50ft HDMI calbes with a repeater/equalizer to extend the hdmi signal.

Then we get to the security system.....,

The plan was to put 6 cameras in a barn, and have two-way audio capability.

For the audio, I purchased:

http://www.etsnm.com/pdfs/stwi5-w5.pdf

Which is connected to an POE IP camera with a mic and speaker line:

http://huacam.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=48:hcv802&Itemid=66

When i started the project, i had assumed that the hdmi out port on:

http://www.specotech.com/product/769/N8NSP.html

would output sound through the hdmi as well as video.

After fumbling around for a few days trying to get the audio working, I had to call the company who informed me that the HDMI out doesn't support audio, and recommended that i use the RCA out jack on the back of the NVR.

That's when i decided to get:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PRDN9S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ADXERLX...

I used a male to male RCA Y cable from the back of the NVR to the HDMI audio inserter, which then feeds to the HDMI splitter. Also I did some research, and the HDMI splitter is fully capable of carrying audio.

I know that the NVR is receiving audio because when i load up the client on a PC, I can hear audio. However, I cannot get sound out of the NVR through the RCA jack.

There is no amplifier on the NVR system, but from my understanding the line-level coming out of the RCA jack should be converted to digital when it passes through the HDMI audio inserter, and then amplified by the TVs?

I have also tried running a 210ft RG-6 with an RCA compression connector on each end directly from the audio in jack on the NVR to the interface box in the barn, and still no luck on that. I have tried plugging a TV directly into the NVR through the RCA Y cable, and still no luck.

The video is going out from the NVR, through the HDMI audio inserter and through the HDMI splitter and every TV in the house can view the "Live view" on the NVR just fine.

I am at my whits end here, do I need an amplifier/receiver? Will line-level signal not work over a long RG-6 run? Any audio geek see what i am missing?

Barn.thumb.jpg.5be09b69e54a0214268350ce4880b384.jpg

Okay the NVR is outputting component level audio (if you plugged just a speaker into the RCA jack little or Nothing will transmit)

1. Verify the HDMI extender requires pre-ampd send for XXX distance...

2. Why are you using a Y adapter...

3. Verify the the NVR audio output//Input are not muted.

4. Verify the Camera audio Output//input are not muted

Test system on a bench:

I would try a 5' piece of cable to jump the raw audio to HDMI extender TX-unit

Use a patch cable from the HDMI extender-RX to HDMI-TX>>> did the video and audio pass...

if not start with the basics then expand..

Thank you very much for the response. As previously stated I am a noob when it comes to audio. I used the Y adapter simply to test the audio. Am I correct in assuming that the adapter is like a splitter. Simply takes 1 mono and splits the channel into 2 mono channels?

I have verified that the audio settings on the NVR are not muted in any way.

1. Verify the HDMI extender requires pre-ampd send for XXX distance...

I'm sorry, but i'm not quite sure what you mean.

Ill break it down further

HDMI extenders that I use require a certain audio line voltage to carry 125 feet so I used a line level pre-amp to send the audio from my NVR to (Base)extender then I have a Line level amp to bring the line voltage up from the HDMI (Remote) extender...

Model 1:

NVR -> audio pre-amp -> HDMI EXTENDER[audio input] - - - >HDMI Extender[audio output] -> audio pre-amp -> stereo unit.

Model 2:

NVR-> HDMI extender[audio input] - - ->HDMI extender[audio output] -> Audio pre-amp -> stereo unit

for arecap:

NVR model:

HDMI extender Model:

distance from extender 1 to extender2:

Devide you are using to listen to audio signal from extender 2:

Thank very much for the reply.

I think that the terminology you are using is what is tripping me up;

By HDMI extender, are you referring to the HDMI audio inserter?

If so, would something like this be effective?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/874628-REG/rolls_da134_4_channel_distribution_amp.html

If not, can anyone suggest a good pre-amp to use for this application?

Decided to narrow it down a little bit and de-complicate thing.

I would like to bypass the NVR and have a standalone audio system.

I just need to know what kind of device I need because I'm not familiar with the differences between amp/pre-amp/receiver/distributor etc....

Can anyone recommend something that will work to complete the project?

Audio.thumb.jpg.2e843cec8269d30a52ae72963eaf02ac.jpg

Not that you didn't but I didn't see in the post, did you turn audio ON in the camera?

In the Speco: Is audio setup correctly?

Select this option to set an audio channel to output.

(Channel 1 through 4, Audio Mute)

Do you have an adapter to plug PC speakers into the DVR? Are you getting any line noise, static etc? Can you play a radio on load at one of the microphone sources? Then log on the camera direct through the browser, do you hear audio there?

I agree with varascope...

Try another source for audio... ipod works... just see if the connections are working ... then add the camera unit..

Perhaps something like this would help. For your nvr, you need BNC to RCA adapters to put on the BNC side at the nvr because you RCA connections

REJgL0b8SRc