destro_23

Can Acti camera/softweare overlay Ethernet POS printer info?

Can Acti camera/softweare overlay Ethernet POS printer info?

Just like the subject says a lot of newer Point of Sale Printers are Ethernet/network based thermal printers. Is there any way to overlay this info onto a camera? i know there were some serial based solutions for the BNC type cameras. But what about for IP Cameras?

thanks

They have a retail component to their NVR software but never tried it. Also, if your printer can send an URL command for what it's printing, you can have it send instructions to the camera to display that text.

Still no response from ACti... and their support page has been down for over a month.

And i had a regional sales person contact me 2 weeks ago... again with no response from her on POS overlay.

This isn't looking good... for support to be down for well over a month

Yeap i'm in New Jersey

i just fired up an old laptop and tried in IE chrome and firefox... and i've tried in 3 different locations... i'll try at my brothers house tonight on his mac that i've never attempted to post a new case... again... after i login and then "click here to submit new question... i get the error below thats a programming error i think not a browser error

Server Error in '/ CustomerHelpdesk' happened application.

Outside the bounds of the array index.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current Web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index beyond the bounds of the array. Source Error:

During the execution of the current Web request, generates an unhandled exception. For information about the origin and location of the exception, you can use the following exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index beyond the bounds of the array. ]
  ACTi.CHD.NewQuestion.Page_Load (Object sender, EventArgs e) in D: \ Projects \ VS2008 \ CHD legacy \ ACTi.CHD \ ACTi.CHD \ NewQuestion.aspx.cs: 112
  System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
  System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback (Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
  System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad (EventArgs e) +91
  System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive () +74
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain (Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information:  Microsoft NET Framework version: 4.0.30319; ASP.NET version:. 4.0.30319.2002

Not funny ssmith10pn........

ok maybe it is a little bit lol

but seriously... this sucks... any other IP solutions that can possibly integrate with POS overlay?

Just curious,

1) are you looking to overlay the transactions on top of the video directly or in a separate video panel

2) generally in my experience usually the ethernet pos registers connect back to a pos server via the network like

Aloha, Positouch, Counterpoint, etc.. do you have a solution like this or just a register with an ethernet connection only?