Sign in to follow this  
Javierrg

IP camera project, help please

Hi, i have a 84 IP cameras project in different locations.

they want a not to expensive solution (cheap) IP camera system. I was thinkin to use Foscam FI8910W + x2 windows server computers with Blue Iris.

whats kind of system i need to run blue iris with 40-50 IP cameras on it?

any suggestions or recommendations?

im open to ideas. Thx

That sounds awesome, this way you can make money replacing them every few months. With that low a resolution, you don't need much, a PC with a modern day Intel i7 should handle that. The idea is to get a cheap consumer grade PC to go with the cameras, that way when the cameras start failing, the PC will too. Whatever you do, not give them a warranty for your labor or you will go broke.

I worked for a consulting company and they would send in developers that weren't that good on purpose so they make the project last longer, he makes more money, so makes good financial sense and he was able to low bid, so the customer was happy.

That sounds awesome, this way you can make money replacing them every few months. With that low a resolution, you don't need much, a PC with a modern day Intel i7 should handle that. The idea is to get a cheap consumer grade PC to go with the cameras, that way when the cameras start failing, the PC will too. Whatever you do, not give them a warranty for your labor or you will go broke.

And would this customer give the company you worked for more referrals? For making a project longer then it had to be? What company is this you speak of?

I worked for a consulting company and they would send in developers that weren't that good on purpose so they make the project last longer, he makes more money, so makes good financial sense and he was able to low bid, so the customer was happy.

Like I said they want a cheap solution, I think foscam+BI is the most stable cheap solution. But I'm all ears...

Any other suggestion?

Like I said they want a cheap solution, I think foscam+BI is the most stable cheap solution. But I'm all ears...

Any other suggestion?

buellwinkle's point was that its neither a solution nor cheap if the system wont work properly, wont capture useful footage and it will be in need constant repair.

give some detail about the project....how many cameras at each location? what is type of area are you covering, what is the purpose of the system?

Any other suggestion?

Foscam just a waste of money .....you will spend more on install

Foscam yes cheap but also not MP so why not still keep costs down and go analog at each location

That will save you more money than Foscam

Use all the same DVR at each location and few each at another remote location or on any system installed

Add up Foscam then network then storage ........dvr is low budget yet better image that Foscam

They have 84 small (around 12x10 ft) sell points spread around the city .They need one camera per location (they already have internet at each location). And they want to be able to monitor/record from their main office.

I want to offer the cheap solution they are looking for and a more stable Average option.

I need suggestions for

Analog/IP?

Camera brand

Monitor/record system

They have 84 small (around 12x10 ft) sell points spread around the city .They need one camera per location (they already have internet at each location). And they want to be able to monitor/record from their main office.

I want to offer the cheap solution they are looking for and a more stable Average option.

I need suggestions for

Analog/IP?

Camera brand

Monitor/record system

HIK standalone NVR and HIK camera

and u done

very hard to beat price and quality

Better then Dahua?

I need suggestions for

Analog/IP?

Camera brand

Monitor/record system

HIK standalone NVR and HIK camera

and u done

very hard to beat price and quality