i am pretty new to cctv installations and need detail info on cctv video wall for ip cameras, like how is the setup done connectivity and details , like i want to learn all the basics of designing a wall and installing it

Some have a video wall feature that make this very easy.

and charge appropriately.. !!!!

Some have a video wall feature that make this very easy.

and charge appropriately.. !!!!

Avigilon's is Free with Enterprise software:D

Y4rnd6qwRXE

Edited by Guest

Free is good as Milestone charges for it as an add on product called Smart Wall only to their top tier product.

What may be a better deal is Exacq which has this across their line including Exacq Start which runs about $50/camera which is cheap. Yes, I know cheap is relative, but for someone with so many cameras that they need to have a wall of displays, $50/camera is cheap for NVR software.

But if you want free, I believe the ACTi TV Wall Server is free, of course if you only use ACTi cameras.

What may be a better deal is Exacq which has this across their line including Exacq Start which runs about $50/camera which is cheap. Yes, I know cheap is relative, but for someone with so many cameras that they need to have a wall of displays, $50/camera is cheap for NVR software.

Incorrect information

"Video Wall is a standard, included feature with exacqVision Pro and Enterprise at no additional cost."

Free is good as Milestone charges for it as an add on product called Smart Wall only to their top tier product.

But if you want free, I believe the ACTi TV Wall Server is free, of course if you only use ACTi cameras.

AFAIK, axxon is free (for 16 cameras) and not "free......when you purchase" like avigilon/etc.

http://www.axxonsoft.com/products/axxon_next/interface/videowall.php

Sorry if my information is wrong, I got it from Exacq's website here - https://exacq.com/blog/tag/video-wall/

And it says

Version 4.9 of the exacqVision Video Management Software is now available. This latest version updates exacqVision Start, Pro and Enterprise

Key features include the following:

New Video Wall Features"

So not sure what it means, is it a feature of Start but you pay separately but is included in Pro & Enterprise? Sort of confusing.

Incorrect information

"Video Wall is a standard, included feature with exacqVision Pro and Enterprise at no additional cost."

Can you provide the use case?

We have done video walls for different customers but each has different requirements which significantly changes variables and pricing.

As an example:

1 Machine with a 4ch video out card similar to a Windows multi-desktop environment. Software based fairly cheap and straight forward.

Hardware based that uses a matrix driver that can take multiple monitors and make it appear as one. Items then can re-sized as one or multiple windows. There is also an advanced version that allows for multi-station keyboard controls.

Then there is the all in one box like the NST-Vid-Wall 8000 Series. It is a 19" rack mount appliance that can handle over 500 inputs. You can mix and match analog, HD-SDI AND IP. You can also add keyboard controllers and a bunch of options I can't even remember. With this, your recording platform can be with whoever you want and mix it as well.

The last 2 I would use for a monitoring center.

Just checked your link.

"New Video Wall Features

New Version 4.9 Video Wall functionality enables switching of Views on the video wall. User-created views can be displayed via event monitoring-based triggers such as motion, alarms and serial data.

Video Wall is a standard, included feature with exacqVision Pro and Enterprise at no additional cost."

I get that, but does that mean if you get Start it's optional or not available because from the top it says the features are available in all versions.

as one of the other guys said, it depends on your implementation though...

if you don't need much you could just get a PC with multi head (multi monitor) and just load up multiple smart clients for each screen..

My thoughts on this are that you have to manually position the different displays with the different layout on each monitor. For example, say you have a 3x3 display, you put 9 camera on one monitor in layout 1 and 9 on layout 2. You would have to start the client twice and then move them to the correct display and select the layout you want. This would have to be done manually each time you reboot, no? Not saying it can't be done, but is it feasible. Maybe there's 3rd party multi-monitor software that can do this automatically.

My thoughts on this are that you have to manually position the different displays with the different layout on each monitor. For example, say you have a 3x3 display, you put 9 camera on one monitor in layout 1 and 9 on layout 2. You would have to start the client twice and then move them to the correct display and select the layout you want. This would have to be done manually each time you reboot, no? Not saying it can't be done, but is it feasible. Maybe there's 3rd party multi-monitor software that can do this automatically.

more or less yes, from memory milestone is pretty good at remembering how you set it up...

so in theory you could have each client use a different login, then it would remember which position and view it was on

more or less yes, from memory milestone is pretty good at remembering how you set it up...

so in theory you could have each client use a different login, then it would remember which position and view it was on

Or you use Avigilon

One client and many different view setup as you wish

Or you use Avigilon

I don't believe that for a second

Milestone allows lots of view however they have an actual video wall product that's quite expensive, I bet that no-one else does exactly what it does without charging appropriately

of note, I have no idea exactly what it does.. sooooo :P

Or you use Avigilon

Milestone allows lots of view however they have an actual video wall product that's quite expensive, I bet that no-one else does exactly what it does without charging appropriately

Avigilon's VM is separate client software that you control using the ACC 5 Client. Basicly

Download,install,learn,

come back and say sorry

Download,install,learn,

come back and say sorry

or, shoot the question off to Milestone and ask them to prove their product...

how much is the cheapest Avigilon compatible 3mp camera? does it get near a $130 Dahua? but if they offer it free that they are making their money anywhere.

not saying it's not a good solution, but I'm yet to see anyone offering a (quality) free ride.

Download,install,learn,

come back and say sorry

or, shoot the question off to Milestone and ask them to prove their product...

how much is the cheapest Avigilon compatible 3mp camera? does it get near a $130 Dahua? but if they offer it free that they are making their money anywhere.

not saying it's not a good solution, but I'm yet to see anyone offering a (quality) free ride.

Hik cameras work great

Avigllon vs Milestone

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

242481_1.png

haha nice, I don't know enough about Avigilon to really compare, it's very good news that the Hikvision's work on it though, might actually get some pricing and do a compare, the next site we need a system in maybe I'll load it up and see how it fairs.