VST_Man

Camera Mounting Hardware

I need some hardware to mount cams on a supporting metal columns inside of a Dept. Store. and also a way to hang camera down from the steel beams inside. Basically it looks like the inside of a HomeDepot. Open 18ft. ceilings. If hung from the beams I'll need them lowered via hardware to about 10ft. Columns are fairly straight forward.

I know I can use beam clamps, emt, and metal boxes for the beam mount hardware but I'd like to know if anyone out there has a better idea that is cheaper or more efficient.

Columns? I need a simple c-clamp kit that would provide a 3x4 flat surface for the dome to be mounted onto. I like the c-clamps since they are fast and easy. Finding the plate with c-clamps is pretty easy but the pricing I'm seeing is slightly high. ie. plate & 2 clamps $50 on up. I might make my own?

thanks inadvance..........

Hi VST_Man,

For the Ibeams I usually use a piece of 7 X 10" mild steel bent in an L shape with 2 beam clamps (basically I form a square the size of the dome cameras so you can go larger or smaller based on your cameras).

For hanging from the ceiling we invented the Novattach. Go to Novattach.com and watch the video and you'll see me hanging a PTZ in 30 seconds (I once put up 13 PTZs in a warehouse in 100 minutes with these). They also make it simple to move the cameras if you have to.

They're available from us or Graybar or Anixter.

alas there is no source of supply for these. I tried to contact both as posted but neither have a clue on how to get it, oder it, or find it. Unless you have a serious connection for me to contact I won't waste any more of my time chasing this. Thanks

alas there is no source of supply for these. I tried to contact both as posted but neither have a clue on how to get it, oder it, or find it. Unless you have a serious connection for me to contact I won't waste any more of my time chasing this. Thanks

did you try http://www.novattach.com/ContactUs.aspx

There is a phone number...

Just to clarify, I guess we're still getting set up with Anixter in the US (it's all set here in Canada) but Graybar US/Canada is good to go. I directed you to distribution because we want them to get used to selling our mount.

Please don't hesitate to call our toll-free number 866 445 2623 and order direct. Or email us at sales@novattach.com.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

Randy