zivtal

Mixed system (Dahua and Hikvision)

Hi,

I gonna build an CCTV system includes DAHUA IPC camera (That I already have) and I would like to add more HIKVISION camera... So now I am looking for friendly software(to iPhone, PC and iPad) that I'll be able to connect all cameras... I really like iDMSS and PSS but I'm pretty sure that it's will not work with Hikvision cameras... So I'll be happy to ear about alternative (I'll be happy if someone current my and I'm wrong)...

For who asking why mixing, I just found good camera specs and elegant look(DS-2CD2532-I) for inside use (office/home) there is no same alternative from DAHUA that's why I would like to mix...

I tried compare Hikvision mini dome (DS-2CD2532-I) to Dahua IPC-HDB3200C but...

Dahua coins: 2MP maximum for this model (Hikvision have 3MP model), No IR led (Hikvision have 10m IR led), MicroSD support only up to 32gb (Hikvision support up to 64GB) and the price is almost same (Dahua IPC-HDB3200C about 120$ and Hikvision DS-2CD2532-I about 150$)...

We use Hikvision cameras with Dahua NVRs frequently without issue. If using the Dahua NVR, you can use PSS also without problem.

Does the motion detection on the camera work with the Dahua ok?

I already have Hikvision NVR It's really hard to find Dahua NVR(s) in Israel. But I have problem when I'm trying to connect to my NVR from iPhone iVMS 4500 (from Internet, With local LAN all working)...But from outside I got error It's connect to NVR but don't show me the streams. Got error while connecting to cameras' stream... I tried everything (Port forwarding and everything looking current).

I already have Hikvision NVR It's really hard to find Dahua NVR(s) in Israel. But I have problem when I'm trying to connect to my NVR from iPhone iVMS 4500 (from Internet, With local LAN all working)...But from outside I got error It's connect to NVR but don't show me the streams. Got error while connecting to cameras' stream... I tried everything (Port forwarding and everything looking current).

There are 3 ports to be forwarded; web, data, and RTSP. If you can not connect to the stream you are probably missing the RTSP port.

If you do have it forwarded (by default 554), you might weant to change it to something else. There are ISPs that block this port, for whatever reason...

My forwarding is external port 8000-8003 (http, rtsp, https,sdk)... The forwarding translate ports to local IP ports 80,1024,8080,8000...

My forwarding is external port 8000-8003 (http, rtsp, https,sdk)... The forwarding translate ports to local IP ports 80,1024,8080,8000...

Make sure the ipv4 default gateway is set to you routers ip address

as well as the preferred dns server to be your routers ip address..

I had this issue with my hik camera, it would not work externally until I did that (although it was working fine locally)

Hi, sorry for my english, I have a camera Hikvision model DS-2CD2132-I (ONVIF) and I do not have video on my nvr Dahua model 3208P. Can anyone help me? Thanks Fabrizio

No reply to the last posters question. I have the same one. I bought Hikvision camera's because they are reported and visually appear to do a better job capturing video But I bought a Dahua NVR because it has more throughput, however there is obviously no Hikvision choice in their drop down

But oniv doesn't allow video , the best I've gotten so far is setting general and having it take me to the camera's UI.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tory