videocheez

Please Help or Give Advice for 64 IP Camera System

I may have the opportunity to upgrade a surveillance system that currently has 64 analog cameras connected to four (4)16 channel Hikvision DS-7316H1 DVR's.

I would like to install an equivalent system using 3 megapixel IP cameras. I will pull all new CAT-6 cabling. They current cameras use coax. I was thinking of using two 32-channel Dahua ESDV-NVRXPRO-32 32 NVR's or perhaps four (4) Dahua ESDV-NVRXPRO-16 16-Channel NVR's. I was thinking that I could offer a lower price and save some space by having two 32-channel systems but I like the distribution of splitting the job over four 16-channel NVR's so if I get a hardware failure, I only lose 25% instead of 50% of my system.

I was going to add three Trendnet 24 port POE switches to power the cameras. I'm trying to decide how much hard drive capacity to add. These NVR's can hold up to 28TB each. I will not do continuous recording but I still may have a need for large storage capacity. I would probably use a large flat screen TV for the displays. I was wondering what would be a good size. Perhaps two 60" screens. Maybe four 42" screens?

Another option that I would like to pursue would be to bring all of these cameras into a BlueIris System using a PC. I just don't know if there is a processor large enough to support 64 3 megapixel camera. I have 7 cameras on my home i7 system and it runs at approximately 18 to 28% CPU most of the time.

This would be my largest install yet and I just wanted to bounce this idea off of the forum to get some advice or direction before I submit my recommendations. Even though I try to prevent problems, I know that there will be some unexpected events that may cause some difficulties. Any thoughts, ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, VC

Hi Forum,

I'm just checking to see if anyone has any comments yet about my plans to upgrade a 64 camera system. I'm meeting with the client this Sunday and just wanted to get some feedback from any of the forum experts that might have some experience, ideas or suggestions. If I actually get the project, my questions will be more specific. Thx in advance, VC

I think I got the solution. 64 Channels of 1080P X30FPS real time decoding and display with a single high end PC, capable of driving up to 12 HDTV monitors. But I may guess we can not make it public in this forum. You can PM me. SunnyKim

I think I got the solution. 64 Channels of 1080P X30FPS real time decoding and display with a single high end PC, capable of driving up to 12 HDTV monitors. But I may guess we can not make it public in this forum. You can PM me. SunnyKim

Oh no please post this I must know

I'm very excited to hear a suggestion. I'm am however interested in having several cameras with higher than 1080P resolution so that's why I figured the high bit rate NVR's would be appropriate. The ESDV-NVRXPRO-32 claims a 160Mbps throughput. I could use all 3 megapixel cameras with plenty of overhead to spare.

I look forward to hearing about your high end PC solution. I suppose I won't be running to Fry's or Best Buy for this PC.

Thanks in advance, VC

If your up against other installers and your going dahua route then you have a problem from the start

NVR you have listed will not run 16 x 3mp

Going for a job that size with out knowing specs or getting contract and finding out later it can't do the spec

But look at another option ........ You want to use dahua and two lots of software ............ Is it not best to keep it all at one

That saves money

The Dahua NVR will record at 3MP. We've had 13x 3MP cameras recording on the 16 channel version without issue. There is an issue on the display however - the display codec won't support more than 3 or 4 3MP cameras on the main stream. So you have cameras dropping on display unless you go to 16 channel view when it falls back to the substream, but the recordings are fine.

If your up against other installers and your going dahua route then you have a problem from the start

NVR you have listed will not run 16 x 3mp

Going for a job that size with out knowing specs or getting contract and finding out later it can't do the spec

But look at another option ........ You want to use dahua and two lots of software ............ Is it not best to keep it all at one

That saves money

Thanks for the reply. Are you familiar with the NVR that I've listed? The supplier website states that it can support a lot more than 16 x 3mp. I listed a few of the feature bullet items from the distributors website. Do you think that they are not being truthful? Based on the information listed below, I assume that this NVR is more than capable. Please explain why you say that the ESDV-NVRXPRO-32 or the ESDV-NVRXPRO-16 can't handle 16 x 3mp. Perhaps I'm not reading the specs correctly.

• Works flawlessly with all Dahua IP cameras. No connection issues or dropped frames.

• Record up to 32 IP Cameras up to 5MP each.

• 160Mbps throughput

• No resolution or framerate limit as long as the bitrate isnt exceeded.

Thanks in advance, VC

Have you looked into the Dahua 7264 NVR model?

Not yet but I will. That looks like a nice product. I'll have to read the specs. to find out if it will be acceptable. What would you recommend to provide POE power to this many cameras?

Thanks in advance, VC

Your POE switch will definitely be more money than the NVR itself. How far is the longest run? Maybe purchase

multiple switches with less ports and install them in remote locations?

I walked the job today and they have a bunch of analog cameras. I was wondering If could utilize the existing coax with some type of an RJ45 adapter to utilize new 3MP IP cameras. I would use the existing power connection to power the new cams. I would some how need to upgrade the DVR's to able to take the higher bandwidth camera signals. I would propose this as an option for not running new CAT 6 cable. I would give them an alternate price to run all new cable but just wanted to know if it is feasible to be able to use the existing coax for new IP cameras.

Thx, VC

Vigitron has some awesome IP over coax products http://www.vigitron.com/4/Vi2401_Single_Port_MaxiiCopper_Ethernet_Extender_over_Coax.aspx

Keep in mind you're going to pay about $400 a camera for these converts. Unless it's more expensive to run new cable it makes sense to run new cable instead of using adaptors.

This looks like a nice product for certain applications but based on the price of $400/camera, running new Ethernet cable will be less expensive. I didn't realize that this type of hardware was priced that way. Without having any idea, I was expecting its price to be lower.

Thanks for the info, VC

but I like the distribution of splitting the job over four 16-channel NVR's so if I get a hardware failure, I only lose 25% instead of 50% of my system.

How's the quality of the coax they have in place? Would 2mp be acceptable instead of 3mp? If so, maybe HD-SCI could be an option. Four 16 channel units, 2mp cameras, running over their coax.

uG7nbrXJfKg

Videocheez,

The solution is for a high end PC. But in order to protect the software, we set some hardware encryption and software itself. We provide the PC and software.

You go to Bestbuy for Monitors. Because it only needs a single PC, the system takes not much space. For back up, you need to buy two system just in case of break down. The warranty would be limited by Intel's. So the maintenance and tech support is quite simple, no such headaches from using standalone NVRs or DVRs, in case of breakdown due to unknown reason. You can freely swap displaying video channels on any monitors that you choose. Excellent choice for Central Monitoring System. Big Project. But Very Expansive, you may put one more zero, I am a bit concerned. For more details, you can leave PM to me.

Well I'm not pushing my own products, just suggesting what can be readily bought to a member. Prices are no secrets. But I'll let you sell your software and computer...continue.

VideoCheez,

I just learned that your system might not need our solution from your messages in this thread. You can go with Hardwired stand alone DVR, or NVR or PC based solutions. I saw some vendors, based on PC software, claiming 16 Ch X HD1080P which seems not quite stable. But very simple and handy. We do not develop that kinds of small sized solution. I thought your system is made of all 64 IP Cameras of HD 1080P at 30 FPS each. FYI, the processing bandwidth of 1 Ch 1080P at 30 FPS is equivalent to 4 Ch 960H at 30 FPS. So any NVR, claiming 16 Ch 1080P, can be applicable to your need, 64 Ch analog IP cameras (D1 or 960H). If needed, you can add one more NVR to mix with some 1080 IP Cameras. Our system seems too much for you.

VideoCheez,

I just learned that your system might not need our solution from your messages in this thread. You can go with Hardwired stand alone DVR, or NVR or PC based solutions. I saw some vendors, based on PC software, claiming 16 Ch X HD1080P which seems not quite stable. But very simple and handy. We do not develop that kinds of small sized solution. I thought your system is made of all 64 IP Cameras of HD 1080P at 30 FPS each. FYI, the processing bandwidth of 1 Ch 1080P at 30 FPS is equivalent to 4 Ch 960H at 30 FPS. So any NVR, claiming 16 Ch 1080P, can be applicable to your need, 64 Ch analog IP cameras (D1 or 960H). If needed, you can add one more NVR to mix with some 1080 IP Cameras. Our system seems too much for you.

The client wants to see more than one option. There are a total of 64 cameras that need to be either upgraded or replaced. I had originally thought about running new cable and using a high end NVR system. Your system with the fancy computer sounds like an interesting possibility but all that business about encrypted software and buying two systems because of failure sounds a little scary. I would like to see cut sheets of what you are talking about and hear what is the price.

After my job walk today, I started thinking about an option that would involve using their existing coax cable and providing higher quality cameras. I still have not decided which route I'm going to go so I'm still taking in info trying to come up wth the best cost effective solution that gives the client something that they are very pleased with. I appreciate all of your comments and suggestions.

Thx, VC

but I like the distribution of splitting the job over four 16-channel NVR's so if I get a hardware failure, I only lose 25% instead of 50% of my system.

How's the quality of the coax they have in place? Would 2mp be acceptable instead of 3mp? If so, maybe HD-SCI could be an option. Four 16 channel units, 2mp cameras, running over their coax.

uG7nbrXJfKg

This looks interesting. Thanks for the tip. I had no idea abut this system. I will give Nelly's a call tomorrow to discuss. Based on the youtube video, it appears that this system maybe an upgrade to what they currently have while still utilizing the existing cabling. I may want to propose this as a more affordable solution than what I was originally planning todo. I will have to determine if the coax is high quality. I'm going back tomorrow with my electrician. Is the bandwidth of the HD-SCI limited to 16 2MP cameras? I would love to have higher resolution than 2MP but cost is a big concern and the system that you have proposed may fit into the client's budget. Thanks, VC

VideoCheez,

Do not worry about stability of the software, as good as PC and MS. Usually large monitoring centers buy one more system as extra, just in case of failure and time to be needed for fix and diagnosis.

VideoCheez,

Do not worry about stability of the software, as good as PC and MS. Usually large monitoring centers buy one more system as extra, just in case of failure and time to be needed for fix and diagnosis.

Why confuse things ??? Warranty from Microsoft ???

List your product

TomCCTV,

Sorry for making you confused. We, including me, used to curse a lot to Intel, MS, Mother board makers. But we found ourselves at fault, 99.99999%. No other company spend money on tech support and quality control than they do. That's what I meant to. It is much more stable than a stand alone or embedded box NVR, in terms hardware and its thousands of unknown electrical components. And it is run by Windows where we can easily know our limits, what we can do or can not. You can PM to me.