zacreth

Hikvision ds-2cd3332-i 3mp camera setting

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to ask a question if anyone knows some possible solutions to a problem that I'm having. I just mounted 2 eyeball cameras and the front one is really dark and the IR is bouncing off the side of the house. If I turn up the brightness and contrast it fixes the problem until it's day and then it's all washed out.

Here's what it looks like.

242328_1.jpg

242328_2.jpg

turn the camera so that it doesn't hit the wall...try enabling smart ir.....

your lens is too wide for that location....also mounting it that high prevents you from getting a good face shot unless the person looks up.......

That's a pain trying to use a camera that hugs a wall. I just wired for a similar location, but haven't mounted a camera yet, but was going to use the Hikvision with a 12mm lens that has a narrow lighting area. But on a wider side yard, I use a 6mm Dahua and had to move the camera view further out so it didn't bounce off the wall. The camera you have comes in 12mm also.

You can also try BLC as that will brighten it up by using the dark area to set the exposure, of course by doing so it will blow out the wall.

Smart IR doesn't work on mine, but I'm still on 5.0.0, and they may have fixed it in the newer version.

I use WDR, set at 21, though some people like it lower. Too much WDR increases noise at night a good bit.

Did Hik add profile switching in 5.1? That would also help; you could optimize the two profiles and have it switch automatically.

Ran into this just a while back.

Don't point at wall (feels stupid to even say that as a solution).

or

Diable IR on camera; run external IR source.

But some people like filming walls and sky, gives them a sense of place and centers their being. I had a bird land on a camera that shifted it's position. So we sent an installer out to re-adjust the camera. Now we get 50% sky and 50% less effective coverage, but the picture makes for a much better postcard.

Smart IR doesn't work on mine, but I'm still on 5.0.0, and they may have fixed it in the newer version.

I use WDR, set at 21, though some people like it lower. Too much WDR increases noise at night a good bit.

Did Hik add profile switching in 5.1? That would also help; you could optimize the two profiles and have it switch automatically.

I was looking for that option but I'm running the cameras I have through a Hikvision DS-7604NI-SE/P so I don't have that option. Unless there is a way to get into the settings bypassing the NVR. Unless there's a firmware update for the receiver.

I can't change the angle of the camera because it's pretty much maxed out on the angle. The doorway is narrow and I had to mount it high enough where it wouldn't be vandalized.

I was looking for that option but I'm running the cameras I have through a Hikvision DS-7604NI-SE/P so I don't have that option. Unless there is a way to get into the settings bypassing the NVR. Unless there's a firmware update for the receiver.

I can't change the angle of the camera because it's pretty much maxed out on the angle. The doorway is narrow and I had to mount it high enough where it wouldn't be vandalized.

you would need to hook the camera up directly to your pc or network to make that change (you would need to power it tough via a poe switch or get via a 12v adapter.

Honestly that location is a poor choice because while it may not be vandalized you are most likely not going to be able to get a good shot....better off mounting it lower and getting a shot of the vandal before they touch the camera....or get the Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS which is about 185 on aliexpress....so you can mount it lower

may be for now

cover your lenses as much as u need it to remove reflection from wall

I don't want to open new topic for my question, I hope it fits in here.

I want to record from 8:30AM to 16:30PM, and motion detection in the rest time.

For motion detection I must enable it in the Events menu too?

Enable Motion Detection - checked

Arming Schedule - not touched, none

Trigger Channel - checked

It is working good, but in the Log menu I see:

5 2014-02-27 11:48:52 Alarm Stop Motion Detection 1 0.0.0.0

6 2014-02-27 11:48:46 Alarm Start Motion Detection 1 0.0.0.0

I just don't want to record things twice.

Clipboard02.jpg.af282b24ceb59216446255ea218b55d6.jpg