Sign in to follow this  
dca2

Too much light for night

Equipment: I am running Qvis EYE-N35-V26http://www.securityhardwarestore.com/eye-n35-v2g-n-600tvl-next2040-28-11mm-36pc-ir-25-30m not from this vendor, but it is a working link, hooked up to an Dahua ESDV-ECONO-8 DVR.

Install: Camera is 15 ft off ground, 9 ft above front porch, 2.5 ft right of front door, under eve. Front door has 2 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs on all night, and there is a street light accross street, ~60 ft, partially obstructed by tree.

Problem: There is too much light to kick in IR night mode, there is not enough light for yard at street where I have to park my truck, about 40 ft from camera (plenty for front door) The image is VERY noisy.

Question: Is there a single camera that would work for this solution? If not, what would be 2 recommended ones? (600TVL) I am not opposed to 2 cameras here, but one would be nice. I do have 4 channels left to work with on my DVR.

Thanks for all the info from the past,

Dave

Let's see an image of what it looks like. You'll probably need a second camera. It's usually a common mistake to try and have a single camera cover too much area. A second camera, something like a 9-22m varifocal could be a good choice to monitor your truck out at the curb.

If a bullet camera is okay, something like this might work

http://www.gadspot.com/p-467-gs7005.aspx

Try using a WDR camera outside. Odds are your IR's effective range and IR type probably won't overcome the issue. Try playing with the shutter speed first and if your camera has IR sensitivity adjustments.

There was another post within the last 2 weeks about someone having a cheap camera that had no options for sensitivity adjust. I would rather suggest installing an LED flood light with motion detection. That way it does not stay on and it is inexpensive to run when it is.