just received a couple of these hikvision ds-2cd2032-i to have a play with after the mainly positive reviews I have seen.

they are the Chinese firmware version. I seem to be having an issue with recording and not sure if it is just me missing something

in local configuration I select where I want the recorded files and downloaded files to go

pop back into live view and hit record. it says it is recording but it doesn't actually seem to record anything

there is nothing in the location set and also the playback search cant find any files

is there a specific way in which you have to set this up

also I have noticed if I attatch a usb stick I get an error "failed to create file"

any help greatly received

If you have Windows 7, turn your UAC setting to Never, then restart your computer and it should work. I think its a common problem with Windows instead of Hikvision...i had the same issue with multiple brands of systems.

Control panel->User Account->change user account control setting->set to Never notify.

Good luck!

cheers buddy will give it a shot in the morning hopefully that's all that is needed

as it was only a quick plug in and test camera job to make sure the cameras worked I thought it was me not doing something correctly and was driving me nuts

I have the same issue with IE but works like a charm in Firefox.

buellwinkle,

With IE most issues related to permissions are solved by running IE as an admin. Look for the IE shortcut on the menu, right click on it, "Run as administrator", and try again. Without being an admin, IE has some limited rights for writing to almost anywhere on the hard drive outside of the user folder.

right I have managed to get the cam to record and the created files now show in the location where I specified in the cam config

the next problem is when I go to the playback tab on the hik cam all I get is no files found

any ideas on this part?

right I have managed to get the cam to record and the created files now show in the location where I specified in the cam config

the next problem is when I go to the playback tab on the hik cam all I get is no files found

any ideas on this part?

That's how it is supposed to be. The "playback" section on the web interface is for playing back recording on a NVR, NAS, etc. Not for playing back recordings you have done manually on your computer (which your camera can not even access, or know that exist). If you want to playback those files, just go to the folder where you store your recordings, and double click.

thanks

got my head around it now and so far im very pleased with the cams

that's all the testing done in regards to making sure the cams work properly etc

now its on to the setup part and looking into what sort of nvr solution to use which will be a separate thread

thanks again

damian