cavcom

Who has used axis camera companion?

Besides the fact your limited to sd cards and 16 cameras how well does it work? I think this would be ideal for residental and very small bussiness 3-4 camera max.

I've used it for a few weeks and worked well. Some people have issues with the SD cards failing after a few months. You can have it write to a NAS and that worked well also.

We put microSD cards into our commercial cameras installs in case there's a problem with the NVR solution, we can use that for temporary storage, but in a busy location, not sure you would get more than a few days, if that recorded.

I'm using it at home, recording to a PC for backup. It's been working so well I'm thinking of turning off the PC.

I've been using it for over a year now and really like it. Interestingly, after a couple of months use my SD card seemed to fail. I had no idea the ACC may have been at fault until I saw some of the replies in this thread. Nevertheless, the SD recording was just an experiment and have been recording to NAS ever since with no issues.

The flash memory are not durable, and of small capacity, usually limited to several thousands of writing into and reading from. Handy and Good for temporal storage, but not good for year span usage.

Was everyone using class 10 sd cards? I have 2 up since oct with no problems using the exaq edge.

I've had a couple of P3364s up and running 24/7 with two brands of class 10 32GB SD cards recording motion for probably a year and a half with no issues with the cards. I'm thinking the reports of card failures have nothing to do with the cameras but just cheap cards failing. I'm not a big fan of ACC (footage review is slow, troubles connecting to cams at times), but it's nice to be able to have that backup over NVR software recording. Footage can be reviewed within the web client as well, but the interface is archaic) You're not limited to SD storage, either. You can record to network shares as well. Motion to SD card, continuous to a hidden NAS, and "regular" motion recordings for review on the NVR PC and you've got near-bulletproof recording backups. Even if they clean out the house, take the PC, and find the hidden NAS, will they pry down vandal domes as well?

We've done a few installs with it and it works well. Axis is pretty specific about using Sandisk Class 10 cards only and they require one of 3 specific brands of NAS. One customer is using it on 2 sites and he likes it a lot better than his old analog system. Axis also has its new line of cheaper dome cameras so it's getting much more affordable to buy their gear. The new cameras are ok but when you're used to playing with the 3364s it's a noticeable step back.

I'm currently testing a 1344 writing a motion stream at full res @ 30 fps and a secondary continuous stream at low res @ 1fps on the same card. They don't recommend doing that but I was told it can be done so I want to see for myself.

One thing I'll warn you about is that you should not log into the camera with your browser after you install it - do everything from the ACC interface.

Did my first install today using acc with a p3384. It was almost to easy to setup. What happens if you go in camera direct?