Sign in to follow this  
NotSoSimple

Empire ESC-IPC-1 Halo?

I have installed ~7 of these and none of them had this bad of a halo. Any tips? Installed under an eve, the sun shield extended ~1". It replaced a Dahua IPC-HFW2100 with the halo issue I have seen on all of them so far. Kind of disappointed in replacing it.

242804_1.jpg

There should be some type of rubber gasket that touches the front glass to separate the IR lights from the lens. It appears that yours it not touching the glass, thus letting in the light. Check that it is touching fully on the glass and that should fix your issue I would expect.

This is true of any camera, domes are even worse!

That does look awful, but on the ipc-hfw2100, there's a small reflection back from the white eyebrow. Some people have used flat black paint on the bottom of the eyebrow to eliminate this. You can see from the similar looking Hikvision mini-bullets that they put a black plastic piece in this area to solve that problem.

If the eave or any other item is too close, and the end of the camera is back from the eave, that can reflect IR onto the glass.

If you can move the camera so that the end is just beyond the edge of the eave, that may get rid of it.

You can tell if it's internal or external reflection by pointing it straight up with nothing around it. If there's still IR halo, it's internal; if it's clean, it's external.

Maxicon, I would normally agree, but the circle is so perfect, not convinced this is just a reflection back from say a nearby fascia board that's too close. Hope it works out.

Just got back in town and have not had a chance to look at it. Might rip it apart tonight to take a look. Sent an email to Empire but no reply yet.