Sign in to follow this  
atari37

Snapshot Feature on Hikvision NVR

Hi,

I recently purchased the DS-7608NI-SE/8P to pair with my 4 Hik cameras. The setup seems straight forward but I can't seem to find one feature in the settings.

I want to setup the NVR to take a snapshot when motion is detected and email or ftp it to me. Is this possible? I believe the cameras themselves can do this but I rather manage all settings directly from the NVR; part of the reason why I decided to get a Hik NVR was to take advantage of plug-n-play.

First you need to configure this section:

Configuration -> Network -> Email

Then:

Camera settings -> Motion detection -> Whatever channel you want -> Linkage method -> Send email

(also, configure the arming schedule you want, if it is not 24/7)

Unless it is a camera with very little movement, you might get tired quite soon of receiving emails. Even more if it has IR at night. You will have to adjust/play with the sensitivity.

I saw these settings but I didn't play around with them yet. I was expecting to see something specific for snapshots under the motion detection page.

It sounds like you're saying, even though there's no mention of snapshots, configuring the email linkage page will send me a snapshot when it detects one.

I will give that a try when I get home. Thanks

There's no snapshot option under the camera menu but I was able to get it working with your first set of instructions. The images it sends to my email account are low quality. Do you know if there's a setting to increase the resolution of the snapshot?

There's no snapshot option under the camera menu but I was able to get it working with your first set of instructions. The images it sends to my email account are low quality. Do you know if there's a setting to increase the resolution of the snapshot?

I have the same Hikvision nvr. on main menu >recording configuration>record quality>substream. there you will find the different configurations.

if i'm not mistaken the email pictures are sent substream, I believe its only 480. I find the pictures I get of events aren't bad at all, after all i'm talking about a 4 inch screen on my phone.

if nothing else you can find this info in your owners manual. if you don't have one just go to Hikvision enter your model # you should be able to download it there.

hope this helps, I too was getting low quality snapshots until changed the settings.

I have the same Hikvision nvr. on main menu >recording configuration>record quality>substream. there you will find the different configurations.

if i'm not mistaken the email pictures are sent substream, I believe its only 480. I find the pictures I get of events aren't bad at all, after all i'm talking about a 4 inch screen on my phone.

if nothing else you can find this info in your owners manual. if you don't have one just go to Hikvision enter your model # you should be able to download it there.

hope this helps, I too was getting low quality snapshots until changed the settings.

I am familiar with the sub and main streams and I've configured them the way I want them but I don't think the snapshots are using the settings in the sub stream. The images I'm getting in my email are 352x288 and 96dpi. My sub streams are set at 704*480. I'm looking at these images on my PC so they do look very small. Secondly, I know you mentioned the user manual. However, the manual I have has zero mention about snapshots. I searched and glanced through the 194 page document but there was nothing in there about snapshots.

I do have it there... I see that mine are by default at 704x576 (which is the substream on my cameras), but I also have the option "Auto". No idea on what "Auto" does.

temp.jpg.ecf49ce08d7b9173c24d62dd8bd0ab0f.jpg

I do have it there... I see that mine are by default at 704x576 (which is the substream on my cameras), but I also have the option "Auto". No idea on what "Auto" does.

Well, you have the proof right there in your picture. Unfortunately, I don't get a snapshot menu under camera settings. This is exactly what I was looking for, a place to change the snapshot settings.

Can you do me a big favor and check the firmware version you're currently running on your device? I upgraded my firmware as soon as I received the NVR but it looks like I might have to go back to an older version.

Thanks for the screenshot.

Can you do me a big favor and check the firmware version you're currently running on your device? I upgraded my firmware as soon as I received the NVR but it looks like I might have to go back to an older version.

Firmware version V2.3.3 build 130603

Encoding verison V1.0 build 130507

Firmware version V2.3.3 build 130603

Encoding verison V1.0 build 130507

My firmware is V2.3.7. Is V2.3.3 pretty stable? If so, I'll be downgrading tonight.

As you can see from my menu, I don't have the snapshot option. I'm about to downgrade the firmware.

HikNVR.jpg.884df80f15d0f19941f3111c356d7d9e.jpg

Beerguy01, can you confirm what firmware version you have on both your camera and NVR? I realized that MindTwist has a different NVR than mine. As such, the firmware he has isn't available for my device.

I've downgraded the firmware on my NVR but that didn't solve the problem. I've confirmed that no matter what resolution I set the substream, it still uses the lowest setting for the snapshot. I've tried to modify the setting on the NVR (web), NVR (TV), and camera (web) interfaces without any luck.

I also did a factory reset on both the NVR and camera. That didn't fix the problem. I will be calling Hikvision tonight to see what they have to say but if I can get the firmware version you're running on both devices, I'll give it a try before calling support.

Thanks

Hello atari,

I have the same problem since I bought a NVR. The pictures sent via emails before the NVR was about 500k and good quality (direct from my cameras). Now .. when using via the NVR I receive very very bad quality pictures (about 10k ...).

did you find a solution?

(I'm new in this forum and my english is not perfect )

thanks.

Is there a option, to set quality ( or resolution ) of the e-mails? mine is sending it on full quality, i want to resize it a bit, without changing the mainstream setting. So the recording resolution to the nvr might remain the same.. Anyone?

There is no settings on my NVR about the quality sent to the email

I can't recognize someone from the very low quality ...

My NVR model is: DS-7808N-E2 (if someone use it..)