jamangus

help network newb connect to switch

Finally got a zyxel poe/gigabit managed switch. Switch functions properly and poe works. But i cant figure out how to access the mangement. Manual says 192.168.1.1. I've searched for solution for 2 days. I give up, what am i missing? gateway -> switch -> everything

I'm asking here on this site because you guys got me into this I have a couple hik attached to it now.

thanks

What is the IP address on the computer you are using? is it on the 192.168.1.1 network?

if your computer IP is like 192.168.1.something you should be able to see it or is your computer connected to

a home router/gateway as well as the new switch because usually home routers have the default IP of 192.168.1.1 or 0.1 which would

then be a conflict to your new switch.

I'd suggest just going from your computer to the switch only.

change your IP address to like 192.168.1.10 through network and sharing center / adapter settings / right click on LAN for properties

then TCPIPv4 manually add an address.

to see what your IP is you could do windows start then in command field type in 'cmd' then 'ipconfig' and you'll see what your IP.

if everything above is correct and you still can't get in, i'd suggest factory resetting the zyxel switch by going through the user manual.

hope this helps.

Hey, thank you! Yes, that was the problem...my gateway is 10.0.0.1. Your steps helped me access the switch admin. Now I need to monkey the switch to 10.0.0.x.