salimbaba

help deploy Vast area coverage 8x analog CCTV cameras

Hi,

We have an installation of 8 analog PTZ cameras. The where we have to deploy is huge, think of a refinery. There monitoring station is way far off from their camera sites.

Look at the attached image for an idea of distances.

I need advice on providing connectivity from central monitor to cameras as Coax is out of the question.

I am thinking video to fiber media converter with RS-485 support.

ARL.thumb.png.1faf40d790d0e480e908fc4250a6aa34.png

Pelco has fiber PTZ control camera that only uses one strand of fiber for viewing and controls. Farthest run I installed was 2250 meters. Worked great.

look into loco m5 .... its essentially a wireless Ethernet bridge axis has a few units that might work...

I've looked into Loco M5.

Am I correct in saying, it acts as a ethernet to wifi bridge and creates an Access Point ?

So any device that needs to connect to the remote site, simply connects to Loco M5 wifi network.

Correct Salimbaba,

Loco M5 on one side and an access point at the control room/server room. A good option for the access room would be a Rocket M5 with a Omni antenna.

For a good explanation of the point to multi point setups you would need, have a look at UBNT's knowledge base.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Configuration-Examples/airMAX-Configure-a-Point-to-Multipoint-PtMP-ISP-style-Access/ta-p/449755

Cheers,

Jester

I would do this in fibre rather than wireless- my preference-less possible issues than wireless - IF cost is not a problem.

multimode fibre good to about 5km. check out Siemens kit- pretty good various options for single or twin data ports as well.

I have used the 8 video/ dual data modules- but this is from control room to control room using 1 fibre, you would need 5 single TX units for camera end and 5 RX units at the control end - the modules would need to have the data option for your PTZ control.

GE do kit as well (7732 model comes to mind) - the Kit is expensive but reliable, obviously lots of other units also available.

I would run multiple core fibre from control point out to camera1 -then to 2 then from here 1 branch to 3 then 4 and then another branch from 2 to 5. using an 8 core would give you 3 spares for future expansion.

just make sure you get matching fibre and kit ie multimode fibre and multimode TX/RX units or Single mode fibre and single mode TX/RX units. Single mode more expensive can run to 30km + so more expensive.

If hardwire is possible you can't beat doing fiber, end of story.

If not, try the Verint Nextiva S4300 or WTI MACH-Crossover. Both will work with your existing analog cameras. If you plan to upgrade your cameras to IP, the Loco M5 will work.