jamangus

non-stop record with motion flags and search

My cameras (mostly Hikvision) will all record 24/7. I assume motion signal can be flagged on the timeline even while recording continuously. I would like to search these easily. Does anyone know for sure which pc software can do this well? Hikvision, BI, Milestone? Will this dictate weather I use onboard motion or software?

Off the top of my head, it's usually either motion or continuous record. The timeline will show continuous recording, manual recording, alarm recording, trigger recording, or timed recording; it's usually not both. While doing continuous recording, it only shows the motion trigger being activated in the live view but nowhere else. AFAIK, that sounds like an extra $$$ feature.

I think Axxon Next will do what you want for free. Takes a few seconds to turn it from "operator manned CCTV" to NVR mode but I know that it flags motion. Once flagged you can leave it as is, or type in what the event was i.e. "suspicious white van" for searching later. If you pay, you can skip the flagging and axxon with search past recordings for a defined area/motion/color/etc and display only that.

Your best bet is to just sit down and try them.

That's too bad. I guess I'll report back if I find anything.

In my mind the camera is always identifying motion, so I don't see why marking that on the timeline would be different if record was always on. (I'm not a programmer)

In my mind the camera is always identifying motion, so I don't see why marking that on the timeline would be different if record was always on. (I'm not a programmer)

Have a look u may like it

Avigilon

What do you mean by search? Search as found in some products like Milestone, Synology, Avigilon means that it looks for motion in a specified area of the image, sort of like motion detection after the fact.

In most cases, because it's looking at a lot of video, it's very slow. From demos I've seen, Avigilon has an indexed search and is pretty fast, sort of one of it's selling points. I never use search so not a product I prefer, but I can understand if you do continuous record, this will likely be important so I would recommend Avigilon to you.

BlueIris does not have search that I know of unless added very recently.

By search, I just mean able to scroll the timeline to see flagged motion events, or auto play them. Example, red bars on timeline, even while recording 24/7. Not pixel search.

I don't think the Hikvisions support that.

You could probably trigger jpg capture for motion while recording video continously. At least that would flag when motion was happening.

Or you might be able to script a solution by waiting for a motion detection event, and then telling the camera to stop continous and start motion. Then set them back again. It's maybe more hassle than you are prepared for though.

You could probably trigger jpg capture for motion while recording video continously. At least that would flag when motion was happening.
Good suggestion for compromise; i will play around with that.

Or you might be able to script a solution... It's maybe more hassle than you are prepared for though.
Yes!

Guess it's hard to believe that without advanced pixel search, nothing can be flagged during continuous recording. Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong lol

As you can see the dealers pushing avilgion even have gaps in the recording. That's not what you want and I don't know why they posted that other than to push sales.

Axxon Next does what you want:

As you can see, it's made for an operator but you can adjust it. It should tag it with an alarm (red indicator on timeline). Free version is 16 cameras, 1TB storage, 1 server.

Good suggestion for compromise; i will play around with that.

Or you might be able to script a solution... It's maybe more hassle than you are prepared for though.
Yes!

Guess it's hard to believe that without advanced pixel search, nothing can be flagged during continuous recording. Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong lol

Check out the Axxon Next VMS. Generous 16 cam free license. See the youtube video I posted.

Guess I'm spoiled by every analog Dvr I've used and dahua dedicated nvr/Dvr. C+M, with markers along the playback timeline. I never knew that could not be a standard setting and behavior. Huh. Oh, there is one unit I use that relies on smart search only - a Bosch divar, which frankly sucks altogether. Smart search in the thing would be fine, but it'll only allow 1 hour intervals at a time. Good grief, talk about tedious.

Axxon Next is free until you want search, then it's big bucks.

Searching for flagged motion events that the OP wants is free. Doing a forensic search is not free but he stated he didn't want it: "Not pixel search."

BTW, adding the paid extras on to any VMS software becomes "big bucks."

Wow this situation is exactly what our NVR is designed to solve... our NVR with Smart Search.

Here is how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Zgq73LEiE&list=PLavMykS0nm2_sb61rLnO4Hk-M4kHwnvVM

The smart search results is like the flags you are talking about.

too bad its only at the machine side that this can be done :/

I don't think people are understanding the OP correctly (or maybe I'm not).

1. Predefine on-camera motion zones.
  2. Record 24/7.
  3. Timeline is marked when camera sends that the motion zone has been triggered.
  4. Timeline shows recorded footage in one color; different color when motion trigger channel goes off. Once motion ends, goes back to regular color.

Doesn't have to be colored, just flagged for quck and easly viewing later. Doesn't have to do a smart search of find anything. No flags when off, no point in reviewing it. In that video, he would have to do a "smart search" every single day on the same exact door.

[quote name='"milkisbad"

I don't think people are understanding the OP correctly (or maybe I'm not).

1. [*]Predefine
on-camera motion zones.

[*]Record 24/7.

[*]Timeline is marked when camera sends that the motion zone has been triggered.

[*]Timeline shows recorded footage in one color; different color when motion trigger channel goes off. Once motion ends' date=' goes back to regular color. [/list']

Doesn't have to be colored, just flagged for quck and easly viewing later. Doesn't have to do a smart search of find anything. No flags when off, no point in reviewing it. In that video, he would have to do a "smart search" every single day on the same exact door.

Ya that's pretty much it...and must be PC software.

Maybe not much help, but the Aver software for the NV series of hybrid cards does this. I have an NV-6480 as a backup system that records 24x7 with motion detect, and the timeline shows different colors when there's motion.

The cards are expensive new but come up cheap used now and again, and there's no need for them for a full IP system, so they essentially act as a dongle for the software. I believe Aver used to sell a stand-alone version of the software, but I've never seen it on their web site.

Icatcher console does record continuously and mark when motion is detected.

When viewing, you can view either all or motion video only.

By search, I just mean able to scroll the timeline to see flagged motion events, or auto play them. Example, red bars on timeline, even while recording 24/7. Not pixel search.

Ok Ok I see many people don't like my smart search idea at the machine itself. But I found the answer after playing around with the free software that comes with the machine some more, turns out that:

-smart search can be done via software

-there is built-in motion detection search, even on a 24/7 schedule

Here is what it looks like on a 24/7 schedule: 1 solid timeline

Here is what it looks like through motion detection search using same camera and the same day.

You can see it on the left the time the motion started (its alot because it is a busy office)

If you want to go a step further, THEN you can right click on the playback, use dynamic analysis, select an area, and it will do a pixel search for that certain area where motion happened and shows the results on the timeline as a red bar.

Sorry if this still doesn't fit your needs, I think it addressed your main concerns:

-Free

-Done on PC

-motion search on a 24/7 schedule (shows as a LIST instead of flags on timeline though)

1022013517_Normalplayback.thumb.JPG.3ae1cc3242810e06949e3f891d84ea0b.JPG

2064444577_Eventsearchsamedayandsamecamera.thumb.JPG.034fccd526c36e5c7a097742748e35b4.JPG

673575386_Smartsearchresultsonsoftware.thumb.JPG.7a145c29b395f1aac336311eaf31006a.JPG

That "NVMS7000" software that was just posted appears to be just skinned/rebadged Hikvision iVMS-4200 software. I guess iVMS-4200 does record the motion trigger channel (make sure it's set in camera) even on 24/7 recording.

iVMS-4200 (server and 1 or more PC clients)

iVMS-4200 PCNVR (one PC)

That "NVMS7000" software that was just posted appears to be just skinned/rebadged Hikvision iVMS-4200 software. I guess iVMS-4200 does record the motion trigger channel (make sure it's set in camera) even on 24/7 recording.

iVMS-4200 (server and 1 or more PC clients)

iVMS-4200 PCNVR (one PC)

Yea I just saw same stuff on ivms 4200, if you like a blue color you can use nvms7000 lol.