victorb

What type of connector do I need?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what type of connector I need to connect to this I/O Terminal on a wireless security camera?

243319_1.jpg

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what type of connector I need to connect to this I/O Terminal on a wireless security camera?

243319_1.jpg

If you use that will it still be a wireless camera?

Yes. I will using this camera with a magnetic door sensor as the alarm trigger. "Wireless" refers to how it connects to a network, it does not mean the camera is totally without wires.

What's the camera? It should have screw down terminals on a block in the box that just clicks in there.

The picture I posted shows the terminals. They are neither screw down or push in. The camera is a generic one I order on ebay (see picture), but I have seen many Wireless IP cameras with the same type of I/O Terminal. I just can't find the type of connector that I need to connect to them. \

243368_1.jpg

Wasn't there a little block with screw downs in the parts bag that came with it? I've got some here that look like they'd fit but I don't know which camera they came out of.

block.jpg.be8c3d6ab9fa9113f08254af43b82879.jpg

These are generally made by Phoenix Contact but make sure they are 3.81 mm pitch and 4 way.

They do some of these at Farnell and RS components but don't think they have a 4 way one but you

could get a 6 way and cut it down I suppose.

I found these on ebay UK

and these on ebay.com

These are failly standard in the CCTV industry. Before you put your wires into the terminal block crimp wire end ferrules on the ends to stop the wires from fracturing and you will have years of trouble free use. Even coat them in 'Contralube' for even better connection. (not to be confused with silicone grease, which is an insulator and will have the REVERSE effect)

[/b]

243376_1.jpg

These are generally made by Phoenix Contact but make sure they are 3.81 mm pitch and 4 way.

They do some of these at Farnell and RS components but don't think they have a 4 way one but you

could get a 6 way and cut it down I suppose.

I found these on ebay UK

and these on ebay.com

These are failly standard in the CCTV industry. Be5fore you put your wires into the terminal block crimp wire end ferrules on the ends to stop the wires from fracturing and you will have years of trouble free use. Even coat them in 'Contralube' for even better connection. (not to be confused with silicone grease, which is an insulator and will have the REVERSE effect)

[/b]

243376_1.jpg

wow. thanks. I ordered the ones on ebay.