venturis

Hikvision Raptor 5.1.2 Firmware

As msecure said "Hikvision already start add special protocal in their firmware to protect their foreign market"

So most of seller DOWNGRADE firmware to sell.(from "v5.1.2_140116" to "v5.1.0_131202" )

Maybe in next month,all camera can't be downgrade.

What about support for iVMS-4200? It looks like from the notes it was disabled with 5.1.2 firmware.

Yes,disabled already.

HI,i'm a seller from aliexpress.As msecure said "Hikvision already start add special protocal in their firmware to protect their foreign market"

So most of seller DOWNGRADE firmware to sell.(from "v5.1.2_140116" to "v5.1.0_131202" )

Do you happen to know if the same limitation will be made in the 2CD2332 version of the cameras sourced from Aliexpress sellers?

I understand that the 2CD2332 and 2CD2312 is made for the foreign market and is in full English so that this new firmware update will not affect those cameras?

Perhaps it's disabled with Chinese language only 5.1.2, but with hack 4200 works fine.

I have a one way to circumvent this limitation,but still have to test again.

As msecure said "Hikvision already start add special protocal in their firmware to protect their foreign market"

Do you happen to know if the same limitation will be made in the 2CD2332 version of the cameras sourced from Aliexpress sellers?

I understand that the 2CD2332 and 2CD2312 is made for the foreign market and is in full English so that this new firmware update will not affect those cameras?

I guess all chinese version will be affect,have a new soon.

And we Have prepared many goods already.

Although the 5.1.2 firmware was released some time ago on the Hikvision Europe site it has just landed on the USA ftp download site with a more complete release notes.

I've installed 5.1.2 on one of my test cameras with the English language patch and seems to work fine but I was pleased to see in the release notes that one of the problems I've been having with my cameras with image alternating Light/Dark in high light scenes has been resolved.

Here is the complete list of notes for this release:

1. Add language capability into software capability set and generate with encryption. Return language style when login with SDK and in device capability set

2. Modify the capability set of capture mode. In XML, indexical and indexless capture modes are both offered. SDK is modified in accordance

3. Remove manual white balance setting

4. Add QVGA sub-stream resolution setting

5. Modify the abnormal viewing problem as anonymous accessing

6. Slow viewing under multicast viewing is rectified

7. Describe SML for SDK encoding capability and open the audio encoding capability, so that NVR can get audio only after sub-stream is adopted in NVR.

8. Modify the noise reduction and sharpening parameter. The image effect in night is optimized

9. Balance mode and fluent mode of play library are both modified to self-adaptive decoding modes to solve video stuck problem after image optimization

10. Modify: If device is mounted to CIFS content, device may stuck when sever is abnormal (Reboot of server, deletion of storage array in server), which is manifested as core collapse and thread stuck leading to reboot of watchdog

11. Rectified: When turning on white list of IP filtering, if DNS, DDNS, SNMP, FTP, NTP, SMTP, NAS are not included in IP white list, the related functions may be ineffective. (DDNS, FTP, NTP and SMTP that adopt domain name are unable to be disposed)

12. Modified: PIR, door magnetic and calling alarm cannot send signal to alarm host

13. If complexity of encoding is not correct when starting, it will be modified to default value

14. Solved: Cameras with 3MP may flicker in high light scene

15. Rectified: Abnormal image of 3MP camera sensor under low temperature

16. Solved the stability: Bonjour module collapse and reboot

> Digital Noise reduction doesn't seem to work with 5.1.2. Can anyone else confirm?

I can confirm this. Downgrading the firmware to v5.1.0_131202 solved the problem.