carrot

Budget Installation (NVR & Domes)

Hello Guys,

I am new to IP installations.

I have used NUUO Mini (much fail) and Qnap 2 Bay (little storage)

We want to overhaul a 14 channel Analog system to full IP or semi full.

Can you please advise on the following:

Outdoor (300 - 400$ per cam)

Dome camera Infrared with vari focal.

Monitoring vehicles day & night (nothing hectic)

Indoor (150 - 250$ per cam)

Dome or bullet infrared fixed lens (3.6 - 6mm)

NVR (2500 - 3000$)

4 HDD +

Multi channel playback (with 'hot swapping' & time independant camera modes)

Optional: (Later) possible integration with LPR module.

If you guys can point me into the right direction I would really appreciate it.

The brands I have seen at suppliers were:

Hikvision, Axiz, Vivotek, Messoa, Bosch, Honeywell, Ubiquiti, Milesight, Milestone, Panasonic, Pelco, Nuuo, Samsung

Edited by Guest

Hello,

I only work with Hikvisions cameras, so my advices will only concern these cameras :

Outdoor : DS-2CD2732F-IS

So far one of the best dome at that cost (bought one for $230), no noticeable IR bleed (which is often an issue when working with domes), good image, vari-focal (as you mentionned it, but be careful it's not a PTZ, you have to set your lensl before mounting your camera, you can't modify it through the NVR), you can even plug a mic in if needed. Vandal proof !

About cars, if you are talking about license plate recognition, then I'm no help but you can go on buellwinkle's web site, he wrote a great post about it !!!

Indoor : DS-2CD2432F-IW or DS-2CD2332-I

About DS-2CD2432F-IW many features and great quality ($170). The main downside for me is that it's too easy to break it (easy to grab with your hands just pull it and everything comes : cameras, cables, wall...)

About DS-2CD2332-I, less features but enough (good quality, more difficult to break because of the eyeball shape) for $130.

NVR : I don't know NVRs very well.

I work with my home NAS, syno DS414 with 4*4TB but I only use it for my 6 cameras, so I don't know how scalable it is...

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply

I have forgotten to mention, we have million of flies at this location

That is the main reason why I prefer domes

+ Less flies sitting front of lens

+ Easy to clean poop from dome

+ Vandal proof

+ Spiders cant build webs easily around dome (triggering motion)

Outdoor dome looks great. Will try to get a few of them for the gate.

Regarding indoor: I Like the quality of the camera you mentioned, I am just afraid the flies will destroy this camera and looks difficult to clean.

DS-2CD2732F-IS is a dome as you requested.

You can even put it inside or outside (since it's in your budget for both cases).

For indoor usage, maybe DS-2CD2532F-I could be good too (I don't know about the IR bleed with this camera), it's a mini dome, vandal proof.

DS-2CD2732F-I looks like a really smart and a lot cheaper than my analog domes to.

From topics on this forum I found the DS-2CD2012-I also really good quality (too bad its a bullet)

too bad its a bullet

That's why I didn't mention it, but for sure it's a good camera, and a very cheap one (but I would go for DS-2CD2032-I - full HD for $15 more), and be careful, only 2-axis camera (if I remember well).

DS-2CD2532F-I can be a good small dome if there's no IR bleed (but I can't confirm it).

take a look at Video Insight's IP software and Advidia camera's. Cams have a 3-year warranty and IP software is included with the cams. Considering the class of software and support.........it's a bargain

Indoor : DS-2CD2432F-IW or DS-2CD2332-I

About DS-2CD2432F-IW many features and great quality ($170). The main downside for me is that it's too easy to break it (easy to grab with your hands just pull it and everything comes : cameras, cables, wall...)

About DS-2CD2332-I, less features but enough (good quality, more difficult to break because of the eyeball shape) for $130.

Not sure why you don't like the 2CD2332-I for the outdoors? No varifocal, but has everything else, no?

Not sure why you don't like the 2CD2332-I for the outdoors? No varifocal, but has everything else, no?

me ?

I like it, that's what I have all around my house !

He just asked for a varifocal dome for outside, that's why I didn't mention it as outdoor camera (DS-2CD2332-I has fixed lens).