vincenttor

Dahua NVR3204V display on 3 televisions

Hi all,

i am busy to update a security system in a friends house.

Now his wishes are the be able to view the image on all the TV's in the house.

I have been thinking how i should manage this.

The recorder we have is the NVR3204V

243839_1.jpg

The TV's are located about 15/20 meters away from each other and all have HDMI but there is only 1 hdmi port available on the nvr.

I thought to use a hdmi splitter 3 way so i have 3 ports with the same amplified signal.

The question is , how to get it to the TV's as simple as possible and possible the cheapest way.

1 TV is no problem since the NVR is under the ground there and a cable can be connected right away from the splitter to the TV.

The other 2 however are a bit further located.

I have been looking in a wireless system but i am not sure if these work like advertised with interference and suchs even when they work on 5.8 ghz

(that band is getting more crowded as we speak and the problem comes i guess what we have with 2.4 ghz that its full in a while when it becomes standard as well)

Is there maybe a out of the box solution , or do i have to place a raspberry for example everywhere that runs some sort of a cctv player ?

Hope to hear from you guys, thanks

Vince

Thanks for your reply,

i actually have forgot to mention those as well.

If there is no other solution i might have to think of these indeed, the "problem" is that it needs 2 cat5/6 cables and i do need to be able to hide those as well.

I prefer something with 1 cable or if there is something else like broadcast it on the cable tv line if suchs excist ofcourse.

Thanks for your reply,

i actually have forgot to mention those as well.

If there is no other solution i might have to think of these indeed, the "problem" is that it needs 2 cat5/6 cables and i do need to be able to hide those as well.

I prefer something with 1 cable or if there is something else like broadcast it on the cable tv line if suchs excist ofcourse.

Check around there are plenty HDMI over cat5 devices that use one cable.

There are also HDMI to QAM (encoders/modulators) but they are extremely expensive +$1000. However once you did convert it to QAM you could send to many TVs.

Are they Smart TV? install APP

If no Smart TV install HDMI Andriod stick (about $40) in each TV and use the APP

This is issue now with splitting NVR to multiple TV when lots of new cables HDMI/CAT6 etc need installed unlike old days stick a modulator on and tune in a spare chanel

Thanks,

thats a great idea indeed. " title="Applause" />

I have a tv here at home thats interactive, see how that works.

the hdmi sticks are not expensive indeed.