AlexR

Desperate HELP needed on this "alien" card!!

Dear all,

After an extensive search on the net i'm now calling in the help of the professionals...

I've recuperated this item from an old pc, HDD failure, and have rebuild the pc for CCTV purposes. Installed WinXP and there we go; card not recognized properly by windows so no drivers available. Here's the info i have;

No FCC id, no numbers or signs to identify this card.

It looks very similar to the Eyemax 9120....

243896_1.jpg

The HINT PCI to PCI bridge driver is missing. Nowhere to be found....

Windows comes up with these ID in the manager;

ID;

PCI\VEN_1668&DEV_0101&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_11\4&10416D21&0&00F0

Material ID;

PCI\VEN_1668&DEV_0101&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_11

PCI\VEN_1668&DEV_0101&SUBSYS_00000000

PCI\VEN_1668&DEV_0101&REV_11

PCI\VEN_1668&DEV_0101

PCI\VEN_1668&DEV_0101&CC_060500

PCI\VEN_1668&DEV_0101&CC_0605

Compatible ID;

PCI\VEN_1668&CC_060500

PCI\VEN_1668&CC_0605

PCI\VEN_1668

PCI\CC_060500

PCI\CC_0605

Then comes the DVR chips;

Conexant chips.... Installed ok but don't want to start.... probably cause the pci to pci bridge ain't working...

See the pictures.... Pls i need some help here....

Top.thumb.JPG.2cad8ffc0aceaa8fa339576a06aa9c52.JPG

Bottom.thumb.JPG.dd24c03e3d8814c2f04734abb76d029e.JPG

Hint.thumb.JPG.ec522233c925b4e83490f4bc764acb90.JPG

That could be more than 10 years. Good chances of some of miscellaneous components could be broken. Buy a new card-4Ch -960H resolution. It is worth the money.

Search for BTWinCap drivers. Those might allow you to use the card with some softwares that work with directdraw devices.

I hope you have plenty of spare time to use on this. I would just throw it away and but a 4ch DVR (which on the long run will pay by itself with what you save on power, vs having a computer on 24/7).

Most Capture cards are not natively supported by windows.

Did you install the Eyemax software?

@ Coolie 11; I have indeed tried the eyemax software and it doesn't work. Eyemax drivers are not accepted (windows) plus the program does not see any card.

That could be more than 10 years. Good chances of some of miscellaneous components could be broken. Buy a new card-4Ch -960H resolution. It is worth the money.

@ SunnyKim; It could well be, i have no idea how old this card is.

Search for BTWinCap drivers. Those might allow you to use the card with some softwares that work with directdraw devices.

I hope you have plenty of spare time to use on this. I would just throw it away and but a 4ch DVR (which on the long run will pay by itself with what you save on power, vs having a computer on 24/7).

@ MindTwist; Have tried the BTWinCap drivers. Windows sees the chips but cannot start. I suspect it's because of the pci to pci bridge driver which is missing.

Furthermore i have indeed bought a new card for this pc. Anyhow the pc works fine and is more than perfect for the job it has to do.

Most Capture cards are not natively supported by windows.

Did you install the Eyemax software?

@ Coolie 11; I have indeed tried the eyemax software and it doesn't work. Eyemax drivers are not accepted (windows) plus the program does not see any card.

@ SunnyKim; It could well be, i have no idea how old this card is.

@ MindTwist; Have tried the BTWinCap drivers. Windows sees the chips but cannot start. I suspect it's because of the pci to pci bridge driver which is missing.

Furthermore i have indeed bought a new card for this pc. Anyhow the pc works fine and is more than perfect for the job it has to do.

Most of PC capture cards have to support Windows. If not, what are they for?

Your board carries 4 Video Decoders and PCI bridge chip, that met End Of Life, more than 15 years ago. Nowdays one chip handles all of them and supporting network access, and 64 bit mode.