bradyboyy88

Strange IR Glare? Hkivision DS-2CD2132-I

I recently installed 2 hikvision DS-2CD2132-I into my father in laws house and cleaned the glass before putting the dome lids on. The image during the day is superb but at night it is almost unusable. Maybe there is a setting I need to use or something but it shouldnt be this bad could it? Could it possibly be the placement since there is no light (despite the IR should light up this close I thought!) and something has reflected or I need to clean dome yet again!

However, when i trip the motion detection light in that area, the IR image becomes completely clear again and that smudge looking stuff on the dome disappears completly. What am I missing lol!?

Thanks in advance

Lighting.thumb.jpg.4dc9f4d06117cf6e49a127d810ba6ef4.jpg

So I looked at the dome cover and it was clean but I wiped it down again anyway and still looks like this. I am guessing this is IR glare that everyone talks about? Well now to try and improve it does anyone have any suggestions on lighting solutions. As you can see there is a lamp below it and one on the other side of the truck. What type of bulbs should I use? LED , regular lights, infrared bulbs, etc. Or would it just be better to put up a IR illuminator.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Aim it so the edge of the house on the bottom right side is out of the picture. That should clear it up considerably. Ideally you should even get the top of that light fixture out of the picture too. But just getting the edge of the house on the right should clear most of it up.

Aim it so the edge of the house on the bottom right side is out of the picture. That should clear it up considerably. Ideally you should even get the top of that light fixture out of the picture too. But just getting the edge of the house on the right should clear most of it up.

Just saw this message today, I will be sure to try this next weekend and see if it fixes it. Thanks