buellwinkle

Hikvision Firmware 5.1.2 Chinese to English Fix

Need help. I cound't found that string"8a 30 dd e5 38 a0 9d e5 53 90 c4 e5 14 90 9d e5" in the file of the latest version(5.1.6)

The binary data has been change to "8a 30 dd e5 38 a0 9d e5", how to hack it to english

It's the latest version in the left side of the image

When I tried to do this to one of my 3MP Bullet cameras (DS-2CD2032-I), for some reason it changed the model number of the camera completely and wouldn't let me connect to it. (SADP gave me some random numbers after the 'DS-2CD' part of the model) I had to perform TFTP recovery to start from square 1 again. Before having it fail in this manner, I repeatedly got a message via telnet telling me that there was no room for storage on the device. No matter what I tried, it would not let me move the davinci file back onto the camera. So for the time being, I have given up and stuck with 5.1 which honestly works fine for my needs. It would have been nice to bring it up to the latest firmware though.

If anyone could offer any tips on what I might be doing wrong, that would be wonderful. I've followed everything step by step (both easy and hard ways) to no avail. Considering that I do actually have some genuine US version devices, would it work to pull the davinci file from one of those and then place it onto the CN version devices? Just a thought.

PS. Hikvision just released 5.1.4 beta a day or so ago (6/10/2014), and can confirm it has the same effects as 5.1.2; all Chinese, and no web update allowed (TFTP only) when using non-US region devices. My 3 genuine US version devices accepted it with ease and all seems to be well. I really don't know what they changed in 5.1.4, but performance seems fine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Don't use my 5.1.2 file if you have 5.1.4 or 5.1.6. You have to use the long way, extract the davinci file, edit it, put it back. PM me if you need the Chinese version of the 5.1.6 file.

All of the cameras had 5.1.2 at the time of me attempting to switch to English. I TFTP'd USA 5.1.2 from USA FTP site, at which point the language switched to CN. From there is when I followed your davinci instructions. Was this the correct procedure?

I only loaded 5.1.4 beta on it to see if any changes were made with respect to language and/or video performance. Outside of a newer WebComponents plugin, it appears that there are no major changes. Haven't seen 5.1.6 though.

I think the 5.1.2 on the USA site may be a different 5.1.2 in China. Try the Chinese 5.1.2, then apply the hack, that will work for sure and you don't have to use TFTP.

That didn't occur to me. CN camera with US firmware- no wonder I had problems. Matching CN to CN might do the trick. I will try this tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip; it's always the simple things that I trip up on.

It is also worth noting that the place in CN that I ordered these from TFTP'd the 5.1 US firmware onto the cams before sending them. The stickers say 5.1.2 but all of them are running 5.1 in English. Now I see why.

This no longer works.

I have:

设备型号 DS-2CD2032-I

设备序列号 DS-2CD2032-I20140515CCCH464808456

主控版本 V5.1.2 build 140116

编码版本 V5.0 build 140110

I've changed the bytes myself and I've installed the downloadable file. I've also followed grabbed the digicap.dav file from wrightwood but the camera won't accept it through the web interface, it responds with

状态 语言不匹配

Which translates to "State language does not match"

Does anyone have any bright ideas? Is there a realtime translation plugin for firefox or something that we can use to work around this?

Okay well this is good so far as it goes.

Model DS-2CD2032-I

Serial No. DS-2CD2032-I20140515CCCH464808456

Firmware Version V5.1.0 build 131202

Encoding Version V5.0 build 131128

The camera needs to reboot after the flashing, and if you leave the tftp server up you might get downhearted because the camera won't be reachable until it boots with no tftpserver available.

Also while in this mode it exposes the filesystem over FTP, which is nice. I think the developers at Hikvisions really have their **** together, if this was a baseline for software in electronic devices universally then we'd all be happier.

However -- are we "stuck" on this version now for these cameras? How can we get other various bugfixes? Where can we reliably find English digicam.dav files?

Hikvision is a little strange in that it keeps stuff in browser cache and I primarily use IE but sometimes I'll bounce over to Firefox since new firmware doesn't show up correctly, like old menus stick around, but don't work right and maybe stick around in Chinese when you expect English or vice versa.

I have firmware V5.1 do I need to update this to firmware 5.2 before I ftp the file over as I tried this on firmware V5.1 and get a Error no space left on the device.

Any help appreciated.

You can permanently convert a Chinese cam to an English cam with this code fix:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41225

I haven't used it myself (no Chinese cams) and am not sure of the cost, but reports have been good.

If i Understand correctly you have non chinese i.e. English region cameras. Can you tell us how does the serial look like? The chinese region cameras have CH in their serial. What does your English camera serial look like?

Mine were bought from a vendor who can't be named, and have different model/serial numbers than the OEM Hik cams, but the US firmware loads on them fine. Here's an example:

Model: NC-KBU32

US SN: NC-KBU3220130607CCWR42423xxxx

From above:

Ch SN: DS-2CD2032-I20140515CCCH464808456

Here's the SN breakdown as I see it:

NC-KBU32 or DS-2CD2032-I - model #

20130607 or 20140515 - manufacture (or initial code burn) date

CC - ?, same on both

WR or CH - region code

42423xxxx or 464808456 - serial #

ETA: Here's another SN from the Swann version of this camera:

Model SWNHD-820CAM

Serial No. SWNHD-820CAM20130204CCWR41681xxxx - also has the WR region code.

Model DS-2CD2032-I

The camera needs to reboot after the flashing, and if you leave the tftp server up you might get downhearted because the camera won't be reachable until it boots with no tftpserver available.

Also while in this mode it exposes the filesystem over FTP, which is nice. I think the developers at Hikvisions really have their **** together, if this was a baseline for software in electronic devices universally then we'd all be happier.

However -- are we "stuck" on this version now for these cameras? How can we get other various bugfixes? Where can we reliably find English digicam.dav files?

I'm with the camera constantly restarting unable to access it ... I closed the putty and tried the reset button on the camera without success

You can permanently convert a Chinese cam to an English cam with this code fix:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41225

I haven't used it myself (no Chinese cams) and am not sure of the cost, but reports have been good.

If i Understand correctly you have non chinese i.e. English region cameras. Can you tell us how does the serial look like? The chinese region cameras have CH in their serial. What does your English camera serial look like?

They have WR instead of CH in the serial number, I have a few WRs and RRs (I believe Russian)

But I did have a RR change its serial number to CH during a firmware upgrade, which was weird

Model DS-2CD2032-I

I'm with the camera constantly restarting unable to access it ... I closed the putty and tried the reset button on the camera without success

no one?

I tried to apply the solution of the topic and I am without access to camera ... she is self starting

the program does not find the ip camera

can someone give me a light on how to reverse the problem?

If you messed up the process above, then you need to use the TFTP method to force a firmware install. I would pick 5.1 (doesn't matter English or China). It will work in many different languages with a default of English. The TFTP method is described elsewhere, search for it.

As for the reset, did you follow the proper reset procedure. Don't remember what it is, but I'm sure it's not just pressing the reset button.

Anyone have a camera set up to test this?

I found a solution though: with the login screen loaded, type javascript:chooseLanguage("en"); in your address bar. Or better yet: save it as a bookmark and click it when you open the login page. The whole interface will change to English

If you messed up the process above, then you need to use the TFTP method to force a firmware install. I would pick 5.1 (doesn't matter English or China). It will work in many different languages with a default of English. The TFTP method is described elsewhere, search for it.

As for the reset, did you follow the proper reset procedure. Don't remember what it is, but I'm sure it's not just pressing the reset button.

ok i will try and search about this

Well I tested the "javascript:chooseLanguage("en")" addition and don't see that it works. I have 2 camera's now that I got over zealous with and installed 5.2.0 from the USA site, everything is now in chinese, they were in english on 5.1.6..

I also think I bricked one, I attempted to install a 5.1.6 via tftp, but it seems to have wiped out the filesystem, so there is link but it's on solid and does not come up as 192.0.0.64 anymore, nor does it appear to want to talk to the tftp server. Soooo well bah!!!!! I have 3 cams here with 5.1.6 work fine, I have one that now has 5.2.0 and has reverted to chinese and I get a language mismatch error when trying to downgrade or change to 5.1.6

I was hoping I could copy the Filesystem from a like 5.1.6 camera and have it load it via the SD card but I can't get telnet or anything up on the "bricked one", so I think I'm sol or may have to ask Hikvsion for a bail out.

BAHH!!

Make sure you reset the camera properly, hold down the reset button, unplug the camera, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in, wait about 10 seconds and let go of the reset button, the unplug the camera. Then start the TFTP server with your PC set to 192.0.0.128 and plug the camera in. Make sure the firmware is in the same directory as the tftp-update-loader. I would try 5.1, it's safer.

Also, there's no apparent advantage over 5.1.6 and some features have been removed like Face Detection, but if you feel that you absolutely have to have 5.2, there's no harm in Chinese menus if you are using an NVR or NVR software. You can also use Chrome browser to translate.

Make sure you reset the camera properly, hold down the reset button, unplug the camera, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in, wait about 10 seconds and let go of the reset button, the unplug the camera. Then start the TFTP server with your PC set to 192.0.0.128 and plug the camera in. Make sure the firmware is in the same directory as the tftp-update-loader. I would try 5.1, it's safer.

Also, there's no apparent advantage over 5.1.6 and some features have been removed like Face Detection, but if you feel that you absolutely have to have 5.2, there's no harm in Chinese menus if you are using an NVR or NVR software. You can also use Chrome browser to translate.

thanks a lot.

the reset process made my camera back to life.

This is not for the faint of heart, so you have been warned. Thanks to CBX for figuring this out on 5.1. This is for people that have 5.1.2 already installed on the camera.

The latest firmware, 5.1.2, even if you install the English firmware on China region cameras will be all in Chinese with no option to change to English. If you follow the instructions, you can use 5.1.2 all in English including the day of week and all the menus.

HARD WAY

1.First, if you are doing this from Windows, pickup a few free tools (putty, 7-zip & HxD)

2.Login to the camera via the browser OK

3.Go to Advanced Configuration -> first category (System) -> last tab -> check Telnet OK

4.Use Putty (or your favorite telnet program) to login. Use the browser password (admin/12345) OK

5.FTP the Davinci file to your FTP server (you can get free software for this, but I used my NAS at 192.168.0.3) - /bin/ftpput -u username -p password 192.168.0.3 davinci.tar.gz /dav/davinci.tar.gz

6.Grab the davinci.tar.gz file from your FTP server

7.Use 7-Zip on Windows (or whatever tool you want to use to unzip, un-tar the file) and first unzip the file, then tar the file to extract the davinci file, almost 10MB.

8.Open the file with the hex editor (I use HxD)

9.Search for 8a 30 dd e5 38 a0 9d e5 53 90 c4 e5 14 90 9d e5

10.Change string from 38 a0 9d e5 to 01 a0 a0 e3

11.Save

12.Tar the file, gzip the tar file (I used 7-Zip)

13.Copy the file to your FTP server

14.Put the file back in the camera - /bin/ftpget -u username -p password 192.168.0.3 /dav/davinci.tar.gz davinci.tar.gz

15.reboot (just type reboot in telnet)

16.Login to the camera and all is in English -

EASY WAY

Some people like it easy, so here it is.

1. Follow steps 1-4 above to log into the camera

2. Download the davinci.tar.gz file from -

3. Start from step 13 above.

Hello,

I have a problem :

I dont' arrive to copy the file davinci.tar.gz on my pc from camera :

/bin/ftpput -u username -p password 192.168.0.3 davinci.tar.gz /dav/davinci.tar.gz

On the camera I have launch # setFtpService start

but nothing !!!

Should i have to launch command from camera (telnet) or from my pc ?

I think to put the file back in the camera is the same ?

/bin/ftpget -u username -p password 192.168.0.3 /dav/davinci.tar.gz davinci.tar.gz

login from my pc or telnet from camera ?

Thanks a lot !!!