Sign in to follow this  
carrot

IP Camera Audio

Hello,

I am curious about something.

We have IP Camera installed at room where there is usually music playing.

Is there any software / hardware that can allow u to isolate and ignore the music from the recording?

Thanks for your reply

Hello,

I am curious about something.

We have IP Camera installed at room where there is usually music playing.

Is there any software / hardware that can allow u to isolate and ignore the music from the recording?

Thanks for your reply

Hi. Some units allow to schedule time of either camera or audio or both

Or just remove mic from camera

Thanks for your reply

this was for a restaurant where there is always play music.

They would have liked to have audio but without the music (interferes with voices & forces long recordings)

I guess its not possible.

You need to install an external microphone, and put it near where you want to capture audio.

No, you won't make magic happen so the music goes away.

not really 'magic' as you say

music / audio is just radio waves, if you can input the audio feed directly on the camera and allow it to isolate the music from its microphone audio, it should be very possible to remove specific noises / sound from the feed.

Problem is finding a vendor that will develop this technology for commercial applications

LOL, an IP camera with two audio inputs, so it will "isolate" one from the other.

You have been watching too much CSI. Good luck with that.

HAHAHA... Good one.

not really 'magic' as you say

music / audio is just radio waves, if you can input the audio feed directly on the camera and allow it to isolate the music from its microphone audio, it should be very possible to remove specific noises / sound from the feed.

Problem is finding a vendor that will develop this technology for commercial applications

I'm pretty sure there are many vendors willing to develop such feature if theres enough money involved, so the problem is probably money, not the problem finding someone to do it.

The problem is a lot more than money, I think you need a much clearer understanding of how a microphone works. Unless you are using HIGHLY directional microphones and you know exactly where the voices you want to capture are coming from this is not a task with pursuing. The microphones I am talking about will cost 3 or 4 times what the camera cost by the way.