Rodrigo_V_U

Doubt about Hybrid DVR?NVR

Hi there, My name is Rodrigo, I'm writing from Brazil This is my first post in this forum.

At home I have an analog DVR with 8 x 700TVL cameras. The images are being recorded @ D1 resolution.

I'd like to upgrade my system to get some more resolution, but w/o spending much money.

I was thinking about buying a hybrid DVR so that I could keep using my analogic cameras meanwhile I could buy new 720p IP CAM's and replace them gradually during the next months.

I considered buying this DVR: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/16ch-Full-960H-D1-Real-time-Recording-playback-with-HDMI-1080P-Output-16ch-Hybrid-dvr-NVR/940563864.html

I've read that it records in D1/960H resolution.

My question is, high res is only for real time watching? The movies recorded in the HDD will all be low res? Or it's only for the analog cameras? Will it downscale 720p and 1080p to D1 to record the digital image from the IP Cameras?

best regards and thanks in advance for the help. I've already seen that I'll spend a huge time reading/learning here!

Rodrigo

Hi,

I've just viewed your post, knowing that you are troubled by some concerns. I want to give you my personal suggestion, hope that to be useful.

you note you want to upgrade your system to get some more resolution, it can not be worked out. the general system within the DVR can not be changed, all the dataes has been fixed when produce. Besides, the resolution has nothing to do with the system, it is concerned with the types of cameras. Hybird-DVR is the proper choice for the use of the analog camera and IPC, you can get what you want through many platforms.

if you want to realize the real-time watching, just buy the analog camera with good quality as well as IPC, but the IPC can be affected by the network. so the real-time watching has nothing to do with the resolution.The effect of movies recorded in the HDD is the same as we watch.

Hi, thanks for the answer.

My idea is to change my actual DVR, anda the cameras also.

I intendo to replace my "all D1 low res system" for a new hi res one. But I wouldn't like to spend so much money right now.

The chinese seller answered that this DVR records in 720p/1080p for the IP cameras and in 960H for the analog ones.

I'd like to replace the cameras one or two per month, no to spend all the money once.

I'm thinking now what I do ... my options

- to buy a pure NVR ... it's cheaper, but I'd need to "recable" my entire house and I'd need to keep two systems working (the old DVR with analog cameras and the new NVR with digital cameras) until I had all of them replaced ... I really have space trouble to ad new Cat5 cables here

- to buy that on hybrid DVR ... I could keep the analog cameras and replace them monthly ... keeping the problem with the new cables

- to buy a HD-SDI DVR .... this equipment is more expensive, but I could use all my actual infraestructure ......

another question.

I fI decide to use a PC based system running BLueiris to manage some 9-10 IP cameras (720p-1080p).

which would be the minimal configuration needed in the PC?

Hi,

The main things that dsturbing you is the choosing of some types of DVR/NVR.I'll just give my personal views.theDVR you saw in the ailexpress.com 16ch-Full-960H-D1 wih high resolution, can be suitable for your requirement.what site you want to be monitored? is it necessary to have a DVR, being the same with this one or some types with higher resolution than this?

Now ,the HD-SDI AND and the HD-CVI have access to the market.they both are easy to install and configure. the former is more expensive than the IP camera, with the high quality and resolution etc.instead.besides the HD-SDI can be more reaching the full-real-time watching, for the network is smooth when using it.the latter is cheaper than the IP camera, but more expensive than the analog camera. suerly, it is better than the analog camera.you can get your final decision after your analysis to the price and the occasion.

you also mentioned the choosing about proper configuration of your PC, to support the appointed camera. what's kind of softwre you are using?

Hi. You may wish to consider a hikvision or dahua nvr along with the hikvision 2032 cameras or similar as you can them relatively cheaply from Aliexpress. If you start adding decent ip cameras to your setup you will soon be wanting to replace your old cameras pretty quickly due to the difference in quality. I believe hybrid nvrs are quite expensive or were the last time I checked and may be a waste of money if eventually you want all decent ip cameras.

You could leave your old cameras in place maybe and replace each one with an ip camera as money/time allows.

Just a thought to confuse you more!

TO Rodrigo_V_U,

HAVE YOUR PROBLEMS BEEN SOLVED? I GAVE YOU SOME SUGGESTIONS A FEW DAYS AGO, ARE THEY

HELPFUL TO YOU? IF THEY ARE NOT, I CAN THINK ABOUT SOME SOLUTIONS FOT THE PURPOSE OF YOUR TROUBLES.

FLOWERS

another question.

I fI decide to use a PC based system running BLueiris to manage some 9-10 IP cameras (720p-1080p).

which would be the minimal configuration needed in the PC?

BI requires a fairly powerful CPU, depending on the total MP and frame rates. An i7-4770 type system should handle a mix of 10 cams at 720p and 1080p, if you keep the frame rate at 10-15 fps.

Let's say you have 5 of each; that's 15MP. I'm running 8 cams at 13MP total, 10 fps, on an i5-3570k (3rd gen) box, and it could handle another few MP, but not much more. The 4th gen i5/i7 handle a good bit more.

You might want to ask over at the BI community support forum - www.cam-it.org. Lots of people there are running 4th gen i7 boxes and can give you numbers on it.

Hi, thanks for the answer.

My idea is to change my actual DVR, anda the cameras also.

I intendo to replace my "all D1 low res system" for a new hi res one. But I wouldn't like to spend so much money right now.

The chinese seller answered that this DVR records in 720p/1080p for the IP cameras and in 960H for the analog ones.

I'd like to replace the cameras one or two per month, no to spend all the money once.

I'm thinking now what I do ... my options

- to buy a pure NVR ... it's cheaper, but I'd need to "recable" my entire house and I'd need to keep two systems working (the old DVR with analog cameras and the new NVR with digital cameras) until I had all of them replaced ... I really have space trouble to ad new Cat5 cables here

- to buy that on hybrid DVR ... I could keep the analog cameras and replace them monthly ... keeping the problem with the new cables

- to buy a HD-SDI DVR .... this equipment is more expensive, but I could use all my actual infraestructure ......

If you only need 720p can consider using HDCVI. The price is only slightly higher than analog. And you can use back your RG cabling like SDI.