hugobulnes

3 wire cable help - RED / Black / Blue on camera

Hi, This is my first post, I hope I'm doing it right

I have a cctv camera that I need to install, but it has only one cable with an S-vhs connector (4 pin connector), the situation is that I need to connect the S-vhs cable to a BNC in order to connect the camera to my DVR and also connect the camera to the power supply, and I don't understand which part of the s-vhs connector correspond to voltage and video.

I cut the cable to give me an idea of what pin do what, but It has only 3 wires: Red, Black and Blue. So I understand that it has to have 2 wires for voltage and 2 for video, but I don't have so much experience in electronics.

Can someone help me understand which cable are for what?

Thanks

my GUESS would be:

Red = Power+

Blue = Video+

Black = Ground (shared video and power)

But again its a guess based on the fact that USUALLY red wire is power+. If you can open the cam you might find labels stamped on the PCB near the point where the wires attach to the board. Can you give the model# of cam?

I agree to GB5102. Camera, in general, has 3 pin interfaces: Two Power Pins (+/-) and One Video Out. Connect only one line of the Video Out of Camera to the BNC Jack of your DVR. Drop the S-VHS cable adapter which might happen, by mistake, to be in the camera package.