Sign in to follow this  
reddal

Software to view both IP cameras and analog at once

Hi,

I've got an analog CCTV system with 14 cameras attached to a Samsung SRD-1670 DVR.

I've also now got a few IP cameras I've added.

Both of these work fine on their own - but is there a way I can view both in a single viewing system?

i.e. maybe software that can access the video supplied by the DVR - as well as IP cameras?

I guess the alternative would be to convert all the analog video to IP with some converter - but it would be a shame to have to get rid of the DVR - which was expensive and works fine - its just integrating viewing that I want.

Thanks for any advice.

- reddal

Try BlueIris, you can download for a free trial to see if it works for you but can take video from popular analog DVRs and also supports a wide array of IP cameras.

Try BlueIris, you can download for a free trial to see if it works for you but can take video from popular analog DVRs and also supports a wide array of IP cameras.

Thanks - I got BlueIris - and it works well for the IP cameras. I haven't yet managed to get it to receive the video streams from the Samsung SRD-1670 DVR though.

I suspect its possible - but probably needs some magic syntax for the rstp url. Anyone know what that is?

thanks - reddal

I've found BI supports newer DVRs better than older ones. You might shoot an email to the BI developer and see if he supports that particular model.

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this after so long - but I finally got this to work and thought it might be useful to someone else.

To get BlueIris to access each of the analog cameras attached to a Samsung SRD-1670 DVR then trick is to :

- use the generic RTSP profile in BlueIris

- use 558 as the RTSP port (at least this is what mine was using)

- use eg /5 (for cam 5) in the path

- use the correct admin username and passwork for the DVR in the BlueIris credentials

The 558 port was not at all obvious!

Once I did that it works great - I have all my IP cams and all my analog cams in BlueIris all working together with a single interface.

Hope that helps someone in the same situation.

- reddal

I know this is an old Post, but I'm attempting to get a 1650 to work w/ BI. Any additional settings you used. I get a No Signal message when connected. Thanks...