No Central Remote Software

No E-Map

No PDA/Smart Phone Support (I think)

No Digital Zoom in live/playback

Realtime Recording only on the 4ch.

Only 2 Remote Viewers MAX

No IP cam Support

No Object Search

Those are what I have gathered from recent research. One thing I am having trouble finding is the compression method. Is it Proprietary or ?? I have been trying to do a side by side comparison of all major PC DVR manu's. I apologize if any of this info is incorrect I am just going by specs I have found in my research.

Thanks

Sorry but some of that is incorrect from just having a brief look.

They have a model that does 480/400fps and it would appear they havea management software, they do have an I.P. cam system, but not a hybrid system.

the ultra version does 4 cif the rest only do 2cif, excepting the I.P. version of course.

They all have smart search,

Hmmm, okay 720x240 at 120ips in the DVMS version and that alone is almost twice as expensive as the GE standalone. Otherwise looks nice, i like the charcoal color software .. 720x480 at 240ips in the higher end one which is double the cost of the DVMS.

What i did notice though there are alot of things to go through to get to playback video ... which seemed like alot of work - looks like it will require a computer guru

This is nice though (CamStudio/CamTasia)

http://americandynamics.net/applications/VPD_Intellex.aspx

I am an investigator for a large retail chain. Most of our stores use them. Just like any DVR there all are alittle different. We have not had many problems with them......except one that would keep crashing.