andyh747

Problems with Concept Pro (CNB) Cameras

Hi all,

I've had nine Concept Pro (CNB) analogue cameras installed for about four years (VVP9324DNIR). They have been excellent but I'm having a couple of issues. One camera is now showing an almost black screen at night. Having checked the IR LEDs these seem to be working ok. It looks like the camera is failing to switch to black and white and is staying in day mode. It is working ok during the day but not at night. The camera has a five year warranty so I can return it but wanted to check if there was anything I can do first to fix the problem?

Second issue is a problem with two of the cameras during the day (the one mentioned above being one of them). When the sun is shining on the camera the picture is completely obscured due to being far too bright. I hadn't noticed this last year but it seems really bad this year. I haven't tried adjusting any settings yet but wonder if this is normal when cameras get direct sunlight and whether there is anything I can do to ease/solve the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Anyone any advice on this? Have tried adjusting settings but the camera is not switching to night mode and is not adjusting to bright sunlight.

The cameras have been working 24/7 days for 5 years. Some of them for outdoors. No PC and TV have been working that hard. It is about time to give them a rest. Start to change them.

Thanks for reply.

Yes that's true but these cameras are supposed to have a five year guarantee so I'm hoping they might be covered under this. I've just replaced one with a new Concept Pro and the difference is startling especially at night.

Will see what the supplier says regarding the guarantee.

If I am in their shoes, I will give only a year warranty.

For the camera of U$30 under, 5 year of warranty kills the company itself. That's a stupid marketing, CNB tech should know.

Think you're mixing up the camera model. These cameras where £160 each plus VAT (currently 20%) here in the UK. Equivalent in dollars would be around $320! So in that case yes I would expect them to honour a five year guarantee and I would expect cameras of this quality to last in excess of five years - all mine are just over four years old.

We face this problem on CNB Cameras with NextChip NVP 2020 DSP (530TVL).

At that Time, CNB send us JTAG Cable in ordet fo Flash EEPROM settings on these cameras

Unfortunatelly most of the Cameras (was More tha 100pcs), after 6 months appear the same problem again.

cnb.jpg.8dc67c47e9163bffeaaba3b99dd97956.jpg

Very useful info. Many thanks. That might explain the problem. I'll investigate to see if mine have the same chipset.

Thanks.