ungovernable77

1/3 mini cctv without IR = Pixim sensor or something else ?

I don't have a lot of experience with CCTV. I bought a couple of cheap cameras on ebay and i was disappointed with all of them

Last one i bought on ebay claimed to have 1000tvl (1/3 CMOS with 138+8520 chipset) but the quality ended up to be horrible. Lots of noise and the worst part is that colors looks pink (especially green and blue)

Click this link to see what i'm talking about. My camera looks like the image on the right: http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/667/039/370/370039667_392.jpg

I've been told that i need to have an IR-CUT Filter to resolve the pink image problem, but i can't find any of them on mini cctv over 700tvl

Then i heard that Pixim chipsets are better and they don't need IR-Cut filter, but once again they can't be found over 700tvl

So i am looking for replacement cameras and i need advices.

Requirements:

- Budget: maximum $125

- 1/3

- ANALOG camera, *no* HD-SDI.

- NO INFRARED LIGHTS (the camera will be behind a window so IR isn't an option)

- NO PINKISH COLOR

- No "fisheye" effect

- Must be as small as possible, so i'm looking for a camera with a small square black box like this one:

http://www.hafeezcentre.pk/ads_images/1294393307_su82/hc129794296855.jpg

- The CCTV i currently use isn't very good in low-light or direct-sunlight condition so i need a new one that can help in these conditions

A few questions:

- What chipset is better.... Pixim, Effio, Exview HAD or Sony Super HAD ?? Or something else ?

- I see that 2.8mm and 3.6mm lens are available in pinhole and "round" versions. What is the quality difference between the two ? I would prefer to go with a pinhole version (easier to hide) but if i get a better (or wider) image with a non-pinhole then i will go for the second option. Please explain the advantages and disavantage of a 2.8mm pinhole versus 2.8mm non-pinhole

THANKS SO MUCH !

If you want quality cctv, stay away from ebay.

A standard lens will allow much more light to the sensor than a pinhole lens.

This translates to a better low light image.

A standard lens has more surface area for optical correction than a pinhole lens.

This translates to a better overall image.

Here's a true day/night mini camera module w/WDR

http://www.ktncusa.com/750-tvl/700_tvl_module/wdr-module-camera

Your mistake was that you went with a CMOS camera. You should always go with a CCD camera for best image quality. I have replaced many CMOS cameras that my customers have installed themselves because they complain that at night/low illumination all what they see on the screen is more red artifact floating around the channel and they could barely see any details (even with the CMOS camera being rated as "infrared" with 24 LEDs). I give them a 700-800 TVL CCD camera, and once I complete that installation these people gets impressed at how neat the image now looks at night/low illumination.

There are lots of good sellers at Ebay, so I would not discriminate Ebay off.. I have purchased indoor/outdoor dome 800 TVL CCD 24 Led IR cameras for $55 with free shipping off a USA based seller and these cameras has turned up to be excellent for day and night, very sharp image detail on my D1 DVR at highest recording setting.