MeowMix

Setting up a old camera

Hi so I given this old Sensormatic ADC732 camera and I wanted to know what I need to set it up. I never set up a cctv camera before all I want to do is make it so I can see this on a monitor

Photos of connections in the back

245504_1.jpg

What kinda power adapter would I need to buy.

How do I set it up so I can see it

the camera is more than likely already setup to the best settings, but the power is either 24 v AC or 12v DC you'd be best to get a power supply rated at 1500mA to give came enough working current the video cable should be a bnc on rg59 which connects to the bnc on back of camera half way down the power connection is polarity sensitive on dc voltage so pos must got to + and neg must go to - otherwise you could blow the camera

So I should just buy a power supply and strip the wires or they have some set up already? And i get a BNC converter to AVI/VGA so I can connect it to tv or monitor or is their more stuff ill need?

ok i gather you need to know what you need to buy, ok here goes, firstly are you going to just put to a monitor if so youd need a bnc to phono converter and 2 crimped bns, a length of rg59 to go from camera to monitor or dvr, then a 1500mA power supply in say dc 12 v something like in the picture attached the just run a piece of 2 core flex from power supply pcb connection to the connection point on camera

jk.jpg.59079be62615d31284000b451f0029aa.jpg

that looks like its for a lot of cameras. Do I have to get something that big or could I get just a single unit or do they not make those?

that would be the way id do it but im a cctv engineer with wi 10years in the trade as long as its 1500mA 12v dc any powersupply could be used

One of these single 24 volt AC power supplies will work fine with that camera. You can pick one up at Radio Shack or on eBay.

245566_1.jpg

Just connect the two wires, plug it in and it'll power up.

245566_2.jpg