Sign in to follow this  
carcol_123

Night vision

Can any body help, I was lead to believe that box cameras gave a better night vision picture, I have installed a Panasonic WV-CP220/b day time picture good at night no picture, so underneath the camera housing I fitted a 48 Led illuminator, still no picture at night, replaced the camera with a Bosch LTC0455 series Dinion, low light a good picture, when really dark can hardly make out a picture, turned on the illuminator no difference. At this moment in time my old cameras with built in Leds gave a better night picture than i am getting with box cameras. Please help my wife is having a go at me for purchasing so many cameras. Colin

its down to how sensitive the camera is and what frequency the ir unit gives out, most ir lamps are 840 approx i think but some can be in the 700's and 900's so depending what the camera frequency range is willl depend on wether it can pick it iup or not

Please help my wife is having a go at me for purchasing so many cameras. Colin

Ask her how many pairs of shoes she has.

Black&White cameras will give the best performance in low light conditions (the better the camera the better the performance). If your cameras are NOT IR cameras then IR lighting will not help at all.